Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

11 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I'm pretty sure heinicke has a good grasp of this system, that's why he was able to play so well with a few weeks worth of work.

This is his third stint with turner.

Well, I guess he can't improve and get more comfortable with it now that he's actually a lock for the roster.

17 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Heinicke at QB2 with a year in a conditioning program and learning the system is going to be huge for us. This year belong to Fitz, but its Heinicke next year I think, even if we bring Fitz back.

How huge would that be. Not having to spend a high draft pick on a QB next year.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, terpfan said:

This is going to be an interesting battle. None of these guys are even close to roster locks. Good opportunity for someone to make the roster that might not otherwise. But if no one particularly stands out… gonna be a tough decision. 

If I had 100 chips to bet, I’d put 60 chips on the punt returner is not on the roster. 

I’m not sure how I would split the other 40, but probably Danny Johnson would get the most.  

I don’t think Steve Sims makes the team.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don’t think Steve Sims makes the team.  

Things brings up another question I had. 

Which Sims was it that was impressing coaches this offseason again? I thought it was Steve, but then I also thought Cam wasnt on the roster anymore so im all kinds of lost. 

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Which Sims was it that was impressing coaches this offseason again? I thought it was Steve, but then I also thought Cam wasnt on the roster anymore so im all kinds of lost. 

Cam is the glue they said and has been working with the first team.

8 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

How huge would that be. Not having to spend a high draft pick on a QB next year.

That would be amazing. I'd still see us moving up for a QB, but it would certainly temper the expectations. That would really set this team up.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Its pretty clear that one of them needs to go, or at least move one to another position, preferably defense. Because ill be damned if I can keep them straight in my mind.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Well, I guess he can't improve and get more comfortable with it now that he's actually a lock for the roster.

Can't tell if can't was a typo or sarcasm. 

Either way I agree, more time will always be a benefit. 

2 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Fitz is pushing the ball into tight spaces, taking risks, and giving his guys chances against new looks to see what works. That’s what you’re supposed to do in training camp. Cousins would never do this, he would check down to safe options all offseason, not learn a damn thing, and it wouldn’t help anyone—himself, the receivers, the defense. No one. Gruden was a joke but he was correct about hating that aspect of Cousins’ practice habits. Or maybe it was McVay. Either way.

Don't get me wrong, Fitz will throw interceptions this year and some will be poorly timed or idiotic. But what’s happening now is just what he should be doing, and this defense is punishing him because they’re good. 

Very excellent post here..I like this

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, mistertim said:

@Burgundy YodaI think that's a little too conniving for Ron. I doubt anything was intentionally leaked or there was some sort of 4D chess deception with regards to QB and Heinicke.

Ron and the FO have been pretty straightforward when it came to the position. He said he liked the way Heinicke played vs TB but noted that he was a guy playing with nothing to lose and said he'd need to see how he played over time to make more of an appraisal; they liked him enough to give him a 2 year deal of backup money. He was open about the QB position being very important for them and about looking for an upgrade there. He said Fitz was their main QB FA target and they were really excited to be able to get him. He's said that there will be competition at the QB spot during camp. He said that the players have really responded well to Fitz. He said Heinicke has looked good and he's pleased with his progress.

I'd be more inclined to take this all at face value and figure that it's probably Fitz's job to lose, but they do like how Heinicke has played and progressed so the leash on Fitz should he start to play poorly won't be super long.

I kind of disagree with you that Ron and the FO has been straightforward with the QB position. Ron likes to tip-toe around the QB situation as evidenced by how he said there was QB competition last year, but it was really Haskins's job to lose. He doesn't look comfortable about revealing his hand there. I do agree that it's Fitzpatrick's job to lose, as most of us do, but he's stated that this is a competition in his press conference today and specifically talked about Heinicke and no mention of Allen. 

I don't care what happens honestly, whoever starts is good by me, but I'm liking what I'm hearing about Heinicke so far this camp. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

They are out here competing in OTAs like I have never seen from this team. That defense may just eat a man alive on game day. 

I'm kinda nervous, tbh. We may have the first defense to have murder charges filed against them.

• Haha 8

So based on what I'm seeing/reading of all the WFT happenings thus far, we're clearly winning the Super Bowl and going undefeated.

Just like every year before the season starts.

I CANNOT WAIT!

EDIT:

Oh and every game is going to be a shutout.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

1.  His logic was he will wait to get the vaccine until he gets COVID, or that was certainly the impression he left.  Do I need to explain to you that this is not how a vaccine works?

2.  It's not just about him. As has been explained if he gets COVID it has a huge effect on the rest of the team. 

His logic was he wanted to wait before there are more facts....

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I kind of disagree with you that Ron and the FO has been straightforward with the QB position. Ron likes to tip-toe around the QB situation as evidenced by how he said there was QB competition last year, but it was really Haskins's job to lose. He doesn't look comfortable about revealing his hand there. I do agree that it's Fitzpatrick's job to lose, as most of us do, but he's stated that this is a competition in his press conference today and specifically talked about Heinicke and no mention of Allen. 

I don't care what happens honestly, whoever starts is good by me, but I'm liking what I'm hearing about Heinicke so far this camp. 

Yeah agree to disagree a bit. I do admit he was a little noncommittal at times in the past with regards to Haskins, but I think since Haskins was benched he's been pretty open about how he sees things at the position.

I do think if TH continues to look good and if for some reason Fitz really plays very poorly once the season rolls around then TH would probably get a shot. With a guy like Fitz you don't have to worry too much about any crazy wounded pride or ego and acting out. He's played for many years and has been a backup and starter and been benched in the past. He'd handle a TH experiment with grace I'm sure. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

This secondary is gonna feast this year.

They are. And its going to be beautiful. 

On a side note, I think the toughest defense our offense full of young, fast weapons is going to see this season is in practice everyday. So I honestly expect them to show off a bit too. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

So based on what I'm seeing/reading of all the WFT happenings thus far, we're clearly winning the Super Bowl and going undefeated.

Just like every year before the season starts.

I CANNOT WAIT!

EDIT:

Oh and every game is going to be a shutout.

Nope there is always a trap game. We will lose one game.

• Haha 2