Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 NFL Draft Day Thread

TK
Message added by TK,

1223355385_draftpicks2021.jpeg.c39ad75f53563c858124413250ea8c49.jpeg

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You guys are tripping, Davis Mills is good enough to pick at 51.  The kid probably would have been a first round QB in 2022.  Maybe even QB1.  Any QB we pick this year would have been third string realistically.  Mills and Trask fit.  They could ride the pine while we make a run with our top QBs this year and then compete for the job in 2022.  No second or third round pick has anywhere near the potential upside of taking a flier on one of them.  We went safe with #19, we can afford to swing big at a QB with one of our day 2 picks.

Barring that, I think OL and WR need the most attention.  Our OL pipeline is mediocre IMO, and our WR group is still not very good.  Wyatt Davis and Liam Eichenberg make sense at 51.  Jackson Carman and Trey Smith make sense in the third.  It'd be nice to get a big time talent at RG so we could pull the trigger on a Scherff trade.  Also be nice to find a high end option to start at LT so we aren't stuck hoping for Saadhiq Charles to pan out.

Who takes a QB?

33). Jax-No

34). NYJ-No

35). Atl-Maybe (doubt it though)

36). Miami-No

37). Phi-No

38). Cin-No

39). Car-No

40). Den-Maybe (doubt it though)

41). Det-Maybe

42). NYG-No

43). SF-No

44). Dal-No

45). Jax-No

46). NE-No

47). LAC-No

48). LV-Maybe (doubt it though)

49). AZ-No

50). Miami-No

51). Was

52). Chi-No

53). Ten-No

54). Ind-No

55). Pit-YES

56). Sea-Maybe 

57).  LAR-No

58). KC-No

59). Cle-No

60). NO-Maybe

61). Buf-No

62). GB-No

63). KC-No

64). TB-Maybe

Minnesota (Yes)

Houston (Maybe)

A bit disappointed we didn't get a QB. Moreso because Chicago got Fields and they originally picked behind us. The price they paid is also very reasonable.

I generally trust the front office on that but for now I am a bit disappointed. Would have been ecstatic if we pulled of that trade.

Also would have liked Darrisaw over Jamin Davis. But that is mostly due to position. I am not going to complain about individual players on draft night, never really know who will pan out and who won't. And Jamin Davis is for sure brings a lot of athletic potential to an already stacked defense.

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

We’ve got to get a DB on day two. Heaps of quality left. Is there an OT left that is strong enough to project at LT.

Players I’d like next are Elijah Molden or Jabril Cox at #51

Would we trade up for Moehrig?

Cosmi, Mayfield or Radunz. I like Moehrig but I’d rather just sit right and hope a Richie Grant or Caden Sterns falls. OLB I think we can wait on as there’s a fair amount still out there like Browning or even Moses on day 3. I don’t think we need a corner with Jackson here although I’m not opposed to upgrading at slot corner with Wade.

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Cosmi, Mayfield or Radunz. I like Moehrig but I’d rather just sit right and hope a Richie Grant or Caden Sterns falls. OLB I think we can wait on as there’s a fair amount still out there like Browning or even Moses on day 3. I don’t think we need a corner with Jackson here although I’m not opposed to upgrading at slot corner with Wade.

Arent we supposedly keen on Cisco, and Samuel Jr. Deablo another for the 3rd round as a potential target? Jamar Johnson. Stacks of DBs left. Don’t feel inspired by the round 2 OT options. Not sure I’m keen on a day 2 QB either. Got a feeling we’ll take one though.

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Arent we supposedly keen on Cisco, and Samuel Jr. Deablo another for the 3rd round as a potential target? Jamar Johnson. Stacks of DBs left. Don’t feel inspired by the round 2 OT options. Not sure I’m keen on a day 2 QB either. Got a feeling we’ll take one though.

I’m not either (regarding the QBs). Every year there’s a couple of “intriguing day two prospects” and rarely do they pan out. Jacob Eason, Will Grier, Rudolph, Davis Webb...

Regarding secondary, there’s still a ton. Only, what, 4 went in that round? Every year the second seems to be the sweet spot for that area so I expect an early run on OL, S, LB to start tmrw.

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You guys are tripping, Davis Mills is good enough to pick at 51.  The kid probably would have been a first round QB in 2022.  Maybe even QB1.  Any QB we pick this year would have been third string realistically.  Mills and Trask fit.  They could ride the pine while we make a run with our top QBs this year and then compete for the job in 2022.  No second or third round pick has anywhere near the potential upside of taking a flier on one of them.  We went safe with #19, we can afford to swing big at a QB with one of our day 2 picks.

Barring that, I think OL and WR need the most attention.  Our OL pipeline is mediocre IMO, and our WR group is still not very good.  Wyatt Davis and Liam Eichenberg make sense at 51.  Jackson Carman and Trey Smith make sense in the third.  It'd be nice to get a big time talent at RG so we could pull the trigger on a Scherff trade.  Also be nice to find a high end option to start at LT so we aren't stuck hoping for Saadhiq Charles to pan out.

You nailed it regarding the OL pipeline especially at LT. and there are good options there in the second round. That does not usually happen.

Do you seriously see Mills as a good selection at 51? It feels like a reach for potential talent at a need and runs against your BPA rule. With the LB hope taking case of last night, the next needs are TE2, FS, RB2, WR3, and then LT, Edge and QB. At 51 there should be players fitting BPA at everyone of those positions except QB

4 hours ago, mhd24 said:

Who takes a QB?

You forgot Green Bay.They are looking for weapons for Rodgers and are thinking Trask or Mills :ols:

Plenty of options.

Must admit, having added a CB1 in free agency with Jackson, and now adding Davis, we have the chance to round out the D unit on day 2.

Totally get the other needs, but CB/S and even LB at #51 could be strong options. 

Build me the #1 D in the league.

With the talk of turning Landon Collins into a LB, how does taking Davis change things or was that all conjecture? Personally I wouldn't want to see Collins used in that role . Does this also negate the need for taking Moehrig if Collins is entrenched at safety. Though I guess Moehrig is more of a FS?

30 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Do you seriously see Mills as a good selection at 51? It feels like a reach for potential talent at a need and runs against your BPA rule. With the LB hope taking case of last night, the next needs are TE2, FS, RB2, WR3, and then LT, Edge and QB. At 51 there should be players fitting BPA at everyone of those positions except QB

51 is good value for Mills.  That kid is better than some of the guys who got picked in Round 1...  Leatherwood, Oweh, Turner, etc.

QB doesn't really fit into the BPA paradigm.  It's a pass/fail grading system.  If you need a QB, and you're comfortable with him at your pick in X round, then he's the BPA in every situation.

Mills was robbed of a breakout season, much like many Pac 12 prospects this year.  51 feels like getting him at a discount of a full round, and it's a nice circumstance because it makes it much easier to stash him at third string than if we had to pick him in the first.  The talent is there, the injury history is the only thing that scares me.  But he's at least healthy now.

I am also 100% fine with passing on Mills and drafting Trask in the third.  Might even get him in the fourth because the bottom has dropped out on QB demand.

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

With the talk of turning Landon Collins into a LB, how does taking Davis change things or was that all conjecture? Personally I wouldn't want to see Collins used in that role . Does this also negate the need for taking Moehrig if Collins is entrenched at safety. Though I guess Moehrig is more of a FS?

Landon Collins moving to LB would be as a hybrid. He could still play SS and roll down in the 4-2 to be the curl/flat defender/man coverage on #2 receiver. He’d be a flexed out hybrid type of player. 

He wouldn’t be a pure LB in the sense he’d be entrenched inside the box. More than likely he’d be a 4-3 WILL type where he’s playing near the box against single receiver sets or a hybrid in the pure 4-2.

Moehrig, Holland, Cisco and Sterns are all FS types. Collins/Curl are both SS types. Our starting FS right now is probably Reaves and the FS is going to be on the field in nearly every defensive set.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

51 is good value for Mills.  That kid is better than some of the guys who got picked in Round 1...  Leatherwood, Oweh, Turner, etc.

QB doesn't really fit into the BPA paradigm.  It's a pass/fail grading system.  If you need a QB, and you're comfortable with him at your pick in X round, then he's the BPA in every situation.

Mills was robbed of a breakout season, much like many Pac 12 prospects this year.  51 feels like getting him at a discount of a full round, and it's a nice circumstance because it makes it much easier to stash him at third string than if we had to pick him in the first.  The talent is there, the injury history is the only thing that scares me.  But he's at least healthy now.

I am also 100% fine with passing on Mills and drafting Trask in the third.  Might even get him in the fourth because the bottom has dropped out on QB demand.

I see the potential in Mills so, reluctantly, I’d be okay with him at 51. I do think you’re right that there is a good chance he’d be a first rounder next year as well. Having said that, there’s something about him that I just don’t love. It’s not just his injuries, though that has to be a very real consideration. 

If we don’t take Mills in the second, though, I don’t want a QB until the 7th/UDFA that we can stash on the PS and replace Montez with. 

Still a bunch of other spots I’d go before I went Mills.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Moehrig, Holland, Cisco and Sterns are all FS types. Collins/Curl are both SS types. Our starting FS right now is probably Reaves and the FS is going to be on the field in nearly every defensive set.

I feel we are really going to need a FS that has greater range than anything we currently have. I really like Moehrig in that role.

IMO, the WFT got an outstanding football player last night.  I think it's fair to say that Jamin Thomas is the most talented LB on the team.  The potential to be great is there.  The defense is starting to look very scary.

There is a lot of talent at multiple positions left to chose from at pick #51.  They should take the highest rated player among OT, TE, WR, S, LB, and CB.  There is no reason for the WFT not to come away with players that will make a meaningful contribution to the team.  

I posted this elsewhere but works better here.

For me 2nd round value.  And there are still plenty of corners left IMO but I expect and early run.    

Safety

Moehrig

Cisco

Holland

Grant

LB

JOK

Werner

Bolton

CB

Asante Samuel

Tyson Campbell

Elijah Molden

Ifeatu Melifonwu

Aaron Robinson

I rule out Joseph for character reasons

Tackle

Cosmi

Eichenberg

Radunz

Guard

Meinerz

WR

Elijah Moore

Terace Marshall

Rondale Moore

RB

Jevonte Williams

TE

Jordan

Freiermuth

Tremble (granted I am higher on him than most

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

The DB from Kentucky Kelvin Joseph looks loaded with potential, worth a watch if he slides along through day 2.

character red flags from what I've read about him

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I posted this elsewhere but works better here.

For me 2nd round value.  And there are still plenty of corners left IMO but I expect and early run.    

Safety

Moehrig

Cisco

Holland

Grant

LB

JOK

Werner

Bolton

CB

Asante Samuel

Tyson Campbell

Elijah Molden

Ifeatu Melifonwu

Aaron Robinson

I rule out Joseph for character reasons

Tackle

Cosmi

Eichenberg

Radunz

Guard

Meinerz

WR

Elijah Moore

Terace Marshall

Rondale Moore

RB

Jevonte Williams

TE

Jordan

Freiermuth

Tremble (granted I am higher on him than most

With 24 players on that list, unless we move up I guess we are looking at the bottom 1 or 2 at each category by the time 51 roles around. Though I guess if you add DL and QB to the list it might not be quite that bad.

Archived