Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 NFL Draft Day Thread

TK
Message added by TK,

1223355385_draftpicks2021.jpeg.c39ad75f53563c858124413250ea8c49.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Maybe the 4th?

I like Mills and Mond much better. I find Mond intriguing.

Trask is actually a very good fit for what we're building. Lots of experience, makes few mistakes, knows how to win. Mentally, he's got it. I think odds are good he ends up a backup somewhere, but yeah I'd take a flyer in the 4th. 

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

To me it’s not about Stokes not being a good player or pick. He is both of those.

Problem is that the Packers just keep giving Rodgers the finger. Year after year. 

I’d love to have a video of his reaction when he saw the pick.

Feel like they’ll still be able to get him some good help with the wr depth, but you’re absolutely right - it was a middle finger.  

Just now, Bacon said:

Trask is actually a very good fit for what we're building. Lots of experience, makes few mistakes, knows how to win. Mentally, he's got it. I think odds are good he ends up a backup somewhere, but yeah I'd take a flyer in the 4th. 

Lots of experience?  He was a backup in HS and started as backup in college

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Why? You said yourself he’s not likely to be a franchise answer and unless something goes horrifically wrong, you won’t even seen him play at all this year to know what you have going into next offseason. When you’ll be trying to find the franchise QB, once again. We don’t need a solid backup, it’s a wasted pick with low upside. 

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So Ron and crew knew they had to get their LB at 19.  There was a run on them. 

Something is going on with JOK because it’s crazy he fell out of the first round.  

JOK just doesn't have a position in the NFL. Isiah Simmons was a much better version of what JOK is now and he struggled big time last year.

I wonder if we make a move up tomorrow to secure Moehrig.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think backup HS QB is a really achievable dream for Trask, so I’m glad to hear he’s already made such good headway on it. 

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I’m going to flip my **** if we throw away any of our next 3 premium picks (2, 3, 3) on a garbage, longshot QB prospect just to do it. There’s a lot left on the board that can help us for a long time, and we missed on the QBs that have a real shot. Suck it up and focus on it next offseason, with a fury. But don’t half-ass it now and get caught wasting resources for no reason.

Yeah, I won’t hate it, but i agree.  

The one thing you have to consider is there likely to be in the same exact spot next year picking in the middle of the first and needing a QB.  So if they honest to God think they have a starter in the second, then fine.  But they have to believe it’s that guys job in 2022. 

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

JOK, both Moores, Moehrig, Jenkins, Radunz, Williams.  Bunch of good guys available for tomorrow.

This always happens and like dominoes, the guys who fell always come off the board bing bang boom in a row to start the 2nd round. And last year when we finally would have been in position to capitalize, we didn’t have a 2nd rounder (the 2.2 pick). I hope someone who shouldn’t makes it to us but it’s a long wait to 51. 

Green Bay is thinking about matching up against the Bucs weapons in the playoffs again. The weakest link in their secondary will get picked on so elevating the floor of their secondary makes sense. The obvious WR and TE picks need to happen soon, though. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe he started out as a backup, but he played two seasons against the best defenses the NCAA has to offer and kept improving. That matters a lot to me, as opposed to a one season wonder dunking on FCS defenses. 

His lack of athleticism could be a problem though. 

Radunz has been my fav 2nd round type LT.  Jenkins is a beast, just not sure if he's a LT?  Elijah is my favorite player in the draft.  Love JOK.  I like Moehrig.   Love Marshall.  Love Samuel.  Love Rondale Moore.

For me its a buffet.  Stay at 51, one of those guys will fall.  If we are going to waste presuambly a third rounder on a QB, we don't want to burn our other picks IMO.  

13 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I’m going to flip my **** if we throw away any of our next 3 premium picks (2, 3, 3) on a garbage, longshot QB prospect just to do it. There’s a lot left on the board that can help us for a long time, and we missed on the QBs that have a real shot. Suck it up and focus on it next offseason, with a fury. But don’t half-ass it now and get caught wasting resources for no reason.

Yeah 2, 3, 3 would be bad. Wouldn't consider it before 4th or 5th round. 

If we have a decent year in 2021, I'm not sure how we're supposed to find a stud in the 2022 draft though. We're in a middle ground right now, unless you want to go from one journeyman to another. 

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Yeah 2, 3, 3 would be bad. Wouldn't consider it before 4th or 5th round. 

If we have a decent year in 2021, I'm not sure how we're supposed to find a stud in the 2022 draft though. We're in a middle ground right now, unless you want to go from one journeyman to another. 

Between Wilson, Rodgers and Watson, there will be options with the veteran guys

10 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Maybe he started out as a backup, but he played two seasons against the best defenses the NCAA has to offer and kept improving. That matters a lot to me, as opposed to a one season wonder dunking on FCS defenses. 

His lack of athleticism could be a problem though. 

Trask basically has 2 seasons of starting experience HS/college.  Some actually use that to sell him though saying he will get better with more experience.  

He's got more issues IMO than lack of athletcism. The idea that he doesn't make mistakes, I challenge.  I've watched many of his games, some of them twice, he got away with a bunch of bad decisions that will end up with picks in the NFL IMO.  

Will see.  My prediction for him is he has a career in the NFL as a backup.  He's not IMO a disaster but his upside is "meh".

Davis Mills to me has more upside.  But IMO his upside is B level play.  He has more mobility and better arm strength than Trask.    His touch on his passes IMO is special.  But he's had 2 ACL surgeries already.  His accuracy is inconsistent and is his decision making ditto IMO.  I can get it a little with Mills.  Trask is hard for me to get aside from Zampese having a relationship with him from his UF days. 

Archived