Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Forgot i also like Daniel Bellinger.

4th round is a good round for TEs, I've thought that for awhile, will see

He’s my choice but not sure I’d go with this pick. I’d rather get Damarri Mathis, or even a QB to be honest. I’d throw in Calvin Austin, just take the talent.

1 minute ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Yeah and the eagles get him. At some point the risk is worth it. The film doesn't lie about his talent. That talent is what we needed. Thats why I'm pissed even the more they are so risk averse.

The prior administration would have drafted dean in the 2nd round . They loved drafting injured guys

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Yeah and the eagles get him. At some point the risk is worth it. The film doesn't lie about his talent. That talent is what we needed. Thats why I'm pissed even the more they are so risk averse.

Patient, strategic teams get rewarded.

They are a better roster with more hope for the future, will win more games this year, yet still make a pick like this, knowing it won’t help them this year.

Right or wrong Howie is a GM, we don’t have a GM. We have a head coach with control and personnel guys to help him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Anybody else get the impression that they think the roster as it was (prior to the draft) was pretty good and ready to win 10+ every year. That’s the only explanation. They think they’re just adding color and detail to a nearly finished painting. 

Am I off in thinking that?

I don’t think they are that far off. 

But we definitely have holes. But everyone does.

Our holes makes me nervous in our division. And I worry about how good some of the players are.

I’m terrified about our depth.

Edited by KDawg

Just now, TK said:

Home schooling. :silly: 

You don’t get extra hits . You get fly outs and not home runs trying to always hit home runs. With singles strung together you have good innings. They call it playing small ball. It’s how you win 

3 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Anybody else get the impression that they think the roster as it was (prior to the draft) was pretty good and ready to win 10+ every year. That’s the only explanation. They think they’re just adding color and detail to a nearly finished painting. 

Am I off in thinking that?

I think it's just that they have a coach as a GM. Shanahan's drafts looked pretty similiar.

Now, the reason that they look a lot alike may be overconfidence. Who knows? Ron contradicts himself pretty often.

• Like 1

I am an outlier here, I am enjoying this draft.  I don't expect us to match the Eagles and Giants with multiple first rounders to play with.  As far as i am concerned we took Carson with our third round pick.

Dotson IMO one of the best 6 Wrs in this draft

Mathis IMO one of the best 6 DTs in this draft  -- I think we've gotten a bit spoiled on the D line, when its yawn for an Alabama DT who can stuff the run and have 10.5 sacks. :ols:

Robinson IMO one of the best 6 RBs in this draft. 

We added 3rd and 4th rounders

So we've upgraded from one of the worst starters in the league to at least a top half of the league QB.  Fixed IMO the problem of not having a power gap RB to complement Gibson.  Fixed the issue with Terry not having a serious complement.  Fixed the depth at D Line and better yet we might still be strong at D line if Payne leaves in 2023.

The sky isn't falling for me.  :ols: 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am enjoying this draft.  I don't expect us to match the Eagles and Giants with multiple first rounders to play with.  As far as i am concerned we took Carson with our third round pick.

Same here. Been a good one for me so far too.

• Like 1