Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

I watched a lot of safeities.  Butler wasn't one of them.

But I am not married to conventional mock draft wisdom as if Kiper and company are some kind of savants but I do like reading/watching/listening to them for entertainment purposes. 

I do like that Cam Sims loves the dude.  Sims isn't always right but he's been right on some of his more off beat takes.  And i like that he's not married with going with the grain.

I didn't really know anything about him. Sounds like his biggest impact is on special teams, which is important...but is spending a high 4th on a special teams guy a great use of that pick? Not saying yes or no, just not sure. Seems like he has some nice speed on him but also has a weirdly low vertical leap (31.5)...so maybe he has a high top gear but isn't very explosive? 

I don't care if the Commanders are offbeat on some of their picks compared to some mock drafters, though I don't find them that off beat.

But if we are sticking with an offbeat theme as to going against some mock drafters -- wonder if they'd consider Gerritt Prince or Cole Turner soon?  Both guys I like and mock drafters not as high on them.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Percy Butler S, UL

Height: 6-0, Weight: 194

Explosive FS who will come down and lay the lumber. Missed tackles appear on film but he counters that with the ability to man the slot too, which is a huge plus to his game. Vertical speed to carry those routes deep downfield. Starting-caliber frame. (Chris Trapasso)

We just got depth at Bobby McCains role at minimum, developmental replacement or immediate replacement best case scenario!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I didn't really know anything about him. Sounds like his biggest impact is on special teams, which is important...but is spending a high 4th on a special teams guy a great use of that pick? Not saying yes or no, just not sure. Seems like he has some nice speed on him but also has a weirdly low vertical leap (31.5)...so maybe he has a high top gear but isn't very explosive? 

I was just thinking about this. On one hand, you want to swing for starters with every pick, but on the other, I understand the thinking behind finding ST contributors in the mid rounds. It's a little less rusk with a little less reward, but we are more likely to get something from them.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Kinnard, Salyer, or Hayes.  All pretty close to me for OG, still on the table.

I would take Howell though here

I think this is where I start being comfortable with them getting him. It’s time.

• Like 1