Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim's podcast today

A.  Hearing Wilson and London are likely gone in the top 10

B.  He knows they like Olave but isn't sold they for sure would take him at 11 saying he knows they like some other receivers too in pretty close range to Olave in their minds who could be drafted after

D.  Possible to take an O lineman at 11 and move Cosmi to guard, or take a tackle or guard later in the draft.  They don't feel that their O line is completely settled

E.  RB on the table after the first.  This might be me reading too much but he seemed to subtly hint they like Kenneth Walker.  They like Gibson but with a 17 game schedule, they want another back to prevent their backs from wearing down

F.  Mentioned again they like Brisker

H. Hyped the idea some of trading down

I like the sound of this. I think we like OL Penning. Need to slightly move back so we get the WR, RB, DB, OL......very strange little talk of LB.....Hamilton the wildcard, wonder if we’d love him to drop to #11

14 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I like the sound of this. I think we like OL Penning. Need to slightly move back so we get the WR, RB, DB, OL......very strange little talk of LB.....Hamilton the wildcard, wonder if we’d love him to drop to #11

It feels like them trading for Wentz changed the game plan because early on it felt like Lloyd, Lloyd, Lloyd with some implication of maybe Dean if they trade down.  At least judging by Keim's podcasts.  A shift seems to have happened if so unless its a brilliant smokescreen. 

After listening to basically 4 Keim podcasts in 3 days, 2 of his own and 2 he appeared on.  This is me adding my own guessing to some of his points.  So I am reading into some of it which I may be right or wrong about but I think I might be right on most of it considering i am well versed in reading into Keim's hints but on occasion I misread them.😀

A.  If Hamilton falls to 11 they might consider taking him and not trade down.  Also ditto if one of the tackles they like falls to 11.  And also if Wilson or London fall -- the hint from Keim lead me to London so not sure about Wilson. If that doesn't happen they trade down.

B.  In a trade down Olave would be hot on their radar or another WR or maybe an O likeman like Tyler Smith or Penning or Zion Johnson.  Keim didn't mention a specfic O lineman, am just guessing who can fall.   I believe they met or about to meet Smith.  They seem to like Olave enough to might take him at 11 but they are undecided on that.   Keim hasn't said this but he did imply earlier in this process they liked Lloyd so maybe if Lloyd falls they take him in a trade down?

C.  In the 2nd round, feels like they'd go a WR if they didn't take one in the first.  Or Brisker if he's still there and they didn't take Hamilton earlier.  Maybe Troy Anderson if he's there.  Maybe Kenneth Walker or Breece if they are still there.  Maybe they are expecting that all these guys won't fall to 47 but one of these guys does and they will take whatever player is there.

This is me taking crumbs from Keim and adding my own conclusions of how to puzzle them. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

Don't let him leave the building Ron, draft him today

2 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Do you guys see either Breece Hall or Kenneth Walker being available at 47? 

My guess is no as for Hall, probably not but there is a chance with Walker.

Jordan Reid, ESPN insider for the draft on Keim's podcast said today he thinks the mid 2nd in a good range for both RBs and thinks there is a chance they are there. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Olave in the 1st and Walker in the 2nd. I want talent on offense. I wanna score points. 

I’d love this, or Wilson/London, but I think it’s too much to hope for. I don’t think one of those RB’s is there for us at 47. 

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

In the scenario (which I feel is very unlikely) that Lloyd, Wilson, Hamilton and London are all gone at 11... that's when I support a SHORT drop back. 2-3 places. And that's where we can possibly grab Olave.

It's looking like that's too risky.

I strongly suspect the Texans are going to draft a WR at 13.  They like Mills and want to see what they have in him.  They need some actual NFL caliber talent besides Cook for Mills to throw to.  They still have the 3rd overall pick they can use for pure BPA, but the 13th should be used to see if their young QB has the goods.

7 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

It's looking like that's too risky.

I strongly suspect the Texans are going to draft a WR at 13.  They like Mills and want to see what they have in him.  They need some actual NFL caliber talent besides Cook for Mills to throw to.  They still have the 3rd overall pick they can use for pure BPA, but the 13th should be used to see if their young QB has the goods.

Not risky to me. I don’t love Olave.

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Don't let him leave the building Ron, draft him today

My guess is no as for Hall, probably not but there is a chance with Walker.

Jordan Reid, ESPN insider for the draft on Keim's podcast said today he thinks the mid 2nd in a good range for both RBs and thinks there is a chance they are there. 

No chance we stay at 11 and 47 if we are this hot on a RB.

56 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

With the way we loved running the ball, RB might be our biggest need. Would really love to have the GB 1rsts.

Agreed, slim chance we get a great RB and WR prospect at 11 and 47.

Question is, do GB give up 2 firsts for a WR when they only got a 1 and 2 for Adams?

6 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Question is, do GB give up 2 firsts for a WR when they only got a 1 and 2 for Adams?

It is fair to think they don't move 2 1sts for a WR (espeically based on Adams deal), however 1 WR with a low cost to a team with cap issues is pretty valuable, so Adams vs ~#10 picked WR isn't apples to apples really.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

It is fair to think they don't move 2 1sts for a WR (espeically based on Adams deal), however 1 WR with a low cost to a team with cap issues is pretty valuable, so Adams vs ~#10 picked WR isn't apples to apples really.

Yep agree.

I can see KC being more aggressive in a similar situation. I can see them also going up for Hamilton to be honest.

I think we trade at either #11 or #47, JMO.  I don't like what I have seen from Walker as a RB either.  Give me Tyler Allgeier in the 3rd in a trade down.  I hope we take a RB in the 4th.  Hoping for trade down #1, if that doesn't happen and we stand pat give me Olave at #11 and ILB Andersen at #47.  

Edited by RWJ

29 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Either Hall, Walker or Spiller should be there at 47 I would think.

• Like 1

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2955153-desmond-ridder-could-be-2022-nfl-drafts-best-qb-even-over-malik-willis

Bleacher Report's NFL draft scouts have pored over countless hours of video of all this year's top collegiate prospects. They have watched Willis. And Pickett. And Howell. And Corral. And Ridder. After doing all that research, they ranked Ridder as the No. 1 quarterback in the class—a full 31 spots ahead of Willis (the No. 2 QB) on their big board.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah exactly.  Go all in.  I follow the press in Florida almost as much as the DC press.  There is a lot of uncertainty about Tua even though the rhetoric from the coaches is positive.  They want to surround him with the best weapons in part so there is no uncertainty where the idea is well if we gave Tua this or that maybe he'd be a different player.

So you mean to tell us the Dolphins fan forum has a Phinsinparadise posting gold there as well?

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Either Hall, Walker or Spiller should be there at 47 I would think.

Maybe so. But IF we really like Olave and Walker for example, that’s who we should be strategically planning for.

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That’s trouble brewing if true.

• Confused 1

I’m hoping the smoke with Olave is as a trade down target. I would hate the pick at 11, and I don’t think he would be BPA at all. 

Olave is a route running technician and gets the yards you would expect. He’s not overly physical, he’s not good YAC, he doesn’t break tackles or force missed tackles in the open field (take a look at his numbers it’s not good). He is a #2 WR who will probably be solid but he’s not a top 10 player. I think the comparisons to Terry are asinine; Terry is extremely physical and generates tons of YAC.

For me, the only WR at 11 is London. Otherwise, see who is left in the second or later on. 

Edited by seantaylor=god
  • Like 1

Standig just talked about this on air, saying the same thing I've heard for months including Rivera saying so in an interview, they plan to get to it later. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 3.21.05 PM.png

22 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Maybe so. But IF we really like Olave and Walker for example, that’s who we should be strategically planning for.

That’s trouble brewing if true.

Not really because as I've mentioned Rivera seems to like to do the negotiations for contracts after the draft, often in the summer.  As i mentioned in another thread, I think that approach is a mistake because it allows the price tag to rise but at the same time it seems like how he prefers to roll on this stuff.   They didn't hit Allen up until the summer last year in a situation which is similar to this one. 

• Thanks 1