Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Sure would be nice having Najee instead of Davis.

I'd feel real good about Lloyd at 11 in that scenario. Even over London. 

But here we are. And London is my 1.

I watched that Olave youtube post put up here and in it they go with three points:

A.  If London and Wilson are gone....then they like Olave

B.  Surround Wentz with weapons (to me that's a no brainer)

C.  Adding a good weapon to Terry makes us a serious contender in the NFC East.  

I agree London and Wilson > Olave.  And I do think its important to build back Wentz's confidence if needed -- surround him with talent.  We don't want to be shopping for QBs in 2023.

• Like 4

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I watched that Olave youtube post put up here and in it they go with three points:

A.  If London and Wilson are gone....then they like Olave

B.  Surround Wentz with weapons (to me that's a no brainer)

C.  Adding a good weapon to Terry makes us a serious contender in the NFC East.  

I agree London and Wilson > Olave.  And I do think its important to build back Wentz's confidence if needed -- surround him with talent.  We don't want to be shopping for QBs in 2023.

And if we ARE shopping for QBs in 2023... let it be because we tried and failed and not because we didn't do what was necessary to give Wentz weapons. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Harris would be really nice to have on our roster right now. So would Moehrig. That was my top 2 last year and although 19 would have been a reach, they'd be homerun picks in hindsight. 

RB has to be a dark horse priority this season. McKissic softens that need, but not really. You don't bench a guy multiple times and then count on him the following year.

Unless Gibby has some kind of Tiki Barber reawakening, the book is closing on his career.

I was on both Harris and Moehrig but I was even bigger on JOK (talk about us not needing a Buffalo nickel if they took him 😀). and liked Darrisaw above those two.  But those were my next two.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I imagine it's hard to retain players here.

Which is my worry with McLaurin, too. Seems silly to hedge McLaurin... because we really do need to do everything we can to bring him back. But players have free will... and can do as they choose... despite the fact that some people here believe all of these guys leaving is just because our FO didn't want them (not you, by the way... You understand it completely).

Which is also why I don't want more Ohio State guys. If Terry doesn't want to be here that doesn't bode well for the rest of them... who Terry is friends with. Yes, it's a business. But hard feelings happen. And if Terry leaves that hurts with all of the OSU receivers and maybe even Young.

They need to figure Terry out ASAP. But we do need a receiver in case the worst case scenario happens and we lose him. 

You are really overblowing the Terry situation. He's been eligible for an extension for less than a week.

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

They need to figure Terry out ASAP.

The Mclaurin situation fells like a significant/pivotal moment for me, and as you have noted. 

I’m firmly in the camp of retaining him...but if we know that isn’t happening we must move on sooner rather than later. But Mclaurin moving on would have a significant impact in the lockeroom. That could be fairly damaging in the short term.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

You are really overblowing the Terry situation. He's been eligible for an extension for less than a week.

I'm not overblowing anything.

I'm not saying it is or isn't the case.

But my worry is that he won't want to be here.

Nothing overblown.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was on both Harris and Moehrig but I was even bigger on JOK (talk about us not needing a Buffalo nickel if they took him 😀). and liked Darrisaw above those two.  But those were my next two.  

I was wrong about JoK just like most. He definitely would have been a great Buffalo. I'd say he compares to Dean the most in this draft, but I'd take JoK over him 10 times outta 10. Pitre I'd say is closest to Moehrig. Hamilton too, but much bigger. Hill is a horse of a different color.

• Like 2

Just now, KDawg said:

I'm not overblowing anything.

I'm not saying it is or isn't the case.

But my worry is that he won't want to be here.

Nothing overblown.

Have that concern in July. As of now we have both sides saying it'll definitely happen. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

And if we ARE shopping for QBs in 2023... let it be because we tried and failed and not because we didn't do what was necessary to give Wentz weapons. 

Yeah exactly.  Go all in.  I follow the press in Florida almost as much as the DC press.  There is a lot of uncertainty about Tua even though the rhetoric from the coaches is positive.  They want to surround him with the best weapons in part so there is no uncertainty where the idea is well if we gave Tua this or that maybe he'd be a different player.

IMO the same points apply to Wentz.  It's easy to see that wentz does pay attention to his press clippings and its not hard to miss how much he's been crapped on this off season so I do think there is the possibility at least that he needs to rebuild his confidence to find his mojo so to speak and we IMO should do everything possible to make that happen.

Assuming Drake London runs a decent 40, I agree he's the perfect WR for Wentz.  He's a big time threat on the 2nd level.  And catches those contested throws that Wentz enjoys making thanks to his sick catch radius and body control.  And he seperates well enough IMO. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Have that concern in July. As of now we have both sides saying it'll definitely happen. 

The concern matters now, actually. We can't trade him next year. He's not under contract. The ideal time to trade him is before the draft. But, failing that, it would be after.

I have no way of knowing, and none of us do, what the team and Terry are talking about. I don't believe reports. Negotiations are often more complicated.

The two could 100% be working on a deal and it's a non-factor. But we don't know that.

They could also be real far apart. But we don't know that.

Hence why it's a concern vs. me feeling like we'll easily get him back because... how could someone not want to play for this organization?

My point here is we need to be prepared for Terry not coming back. We also need to be prepared for him coming back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I imagine it's hard to retain players here.

Which is my worry with McLaurin, too. Seems silly to hedge McLaurin... because we really do need to do everything we can to bring him back. But players have free will... and can do as they choose... despite the fact that some people here believe all of these guys leaving is just because our FO didn't want them (not you, by the way... You understand it completely).

Which is also why I don't want more Ohio State guys. If Terry doesn't want to be here that doesn't bode well for the rest of them... who Terry is friends with. Yes, it's a business. But hard feelings happen. And if Terry leaves that hurts with all of the OSU receivers and maybe even Young.

They need to figure Terry out ASAP. But we do need a receiver in case the worst case scenario happens and we lose him. 

I'll have to trust that Keim among others is right for now on this which is the vibe is Terry wants to stay and they work out a deal.  I don't love Rivera preferring to negotiate in the summer as I talked about in the QB thread which allows the price tag of these players to rise.  But other than that, currently I get a good vibe about it.  Will see if that changes.

Conversely, I called for example Scherff's statements about how he'd love to stay the previous off season as BS -- the rumbilings behind the scenes was he wanted to leave for various reasons, change of scenery, wanted to go to the highest bidder in FA, etc 

Going back to Terry, the one thing I don't love by punting the contract talks to the summer is it gives time for speculation where heck maybe that gets Terry rethinking things.   I see GMF today ran a segment about dealing Terry to GB for example.

Rivera is a good guy and a good coach.  But I don't know if he gets the depths of how bottom rung this organization is seen in spite of him.  Maybe he does.  But I am not 100% sure.  Rivera likes to say he's an optimist.  So maybe that's part of it. :ols:

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It is important and there is zero reason to think it won't happen. Worry in July. 

Welcome to Cousins, Scherff, and to a slightly different degree, Trent Williams territory again then.

If we don’t resolve the situation pre draft, we get what we deserve if a contract resolution can’t subsequently be found.

8 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Welcome to Cousins, Scherff, and to a slightly different degree, Trent Williams territory again then.

If we don’t resolve the situation pre draft, we get what we deserve if a contract resolution can’t subsequently be found.

Yeah, wild how poorly RonCo handled those 3s negotiations. 

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yeah, wild how poorly RonCo handled those 3s negotiations. 

I’m surprised you’re missing the wider point on receiver contracts this offseason. We’ve seen a raft of deals made already. Deebo Samuel is giving the 49ers a headache right now. 

All indications are that that teams are looking to conclude deals pre draft, as ultimately you have a strong WR draft as a plan B. Having a Terry holdout for example come July isn’t much good to us.

But yeah, maybe Ron is ahead of the game. 

48 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

For those saying they like Olave but not at 11, where would you be comfortable picking him? 

I personally prefer Wilson and Burks over him at receiver, plus Hamilton, Lloyd and borderline Trevor Penning as prospects. Olave after a marginal trade back takes the edge off the ‘reach’ nature of the pick for me.

However, WR demand may force the pick IMO.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

16-20

I think 14 is as far back as we can go without running the risk of anyone else taking him. The Eagles and Saints have two picks each from 15-19 and both those teams will likely take him with one of them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

For those saying they like Olave but not at 11, where would you be comfortable picking him? 

I'd say he's an 11-20 guy.

46 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’m surprised you’re missing the wider point on receiver contracts this offseason. We’ve seen a raft of deals made already. Deebo Samuel is giving the 49ers a headache right now. 

All indications are that that teams are looking to conclude deals pre draft, as ultimately you have a strong WR draft as a plan B. Having a Terry holdout for example come July isn’t much good to us.

But yeah, maybe Ron is ahead of the game. 

I'm not missing any point. Ron is talking about adding a WR to compliment Terry and seem keyed in on his besty. Everyone on both sides say they want to get it done, but Terry isn't sounding like Scherff who was offered the highest contract ever for a guard. Thank God he turned it down.

It's been what? 4 days that the resigning window has been open?  :ols:

• Confused 1