Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

5 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Scary thought....but I'll say it; Did we make our picks in rounds 1 and 2 knowing that Terry and Payne are walking? The NFL is crazy right now with the markets on certain positions. 

Honestly, I think that's giving our FO way too much credit for foresight. I don't believe they can think that far ahead.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SpacePenguin said:

I think Mathis would be a bit more well received if this FO hadn't gutted the DT depth this offseason.

Wouldn't the pick make even less sense if we had Settle and Ioannidis?? I mean its not the area most of us wanted to see addressed especially here so early but its not like it wasn't a sort of a need given who knows what will happen with Payne and the fact we lost all our depth..

But lets face it, we've spent so much draft capital and high capital on the Dline and we still gave up the 2nd most points in franchise history.. I always was of the belief a good Dline makes the backend better but this defense proved me hella wrong. But hey, what I'm thinkin happened is they guys they wanted were taken, so they went with the highest on their board available and need and he must have been up there..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

The only thing that makes sense to me about the way we're operating is that the team is broke.  We have zero confidence in our ability to retain our players.

i think I’ve suggested this at least once, but I think it’s the truth. Dan is asset rich and cash poor. Signing bonuses get paid in lump. He’s leveraged to the gills and that’s one of many reasons why we can’t have nice things. He’s going cheap on everything if you think about it. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

You know you ****ed up when your own draft pick says he thinks you overdrafted him.   :ols:

My 20 yr old son and I are literally crying/laughing tears over this. Been on this board for over 17 years, and this is EASILY one of the funniest 3 posts I’ve read.

BRAVO(A)!!

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, skinzdar55 said:

My 20 yr old son and I are literally crying/laughing tears over this. Been on this board for over 17 years, and this is EASILY one of the funniest 3 posts I’ve read.

BRAVO(A)!!

🤣🤣🤣

Hey gotta try and bring some kind of joy into a so far joyless night.  :ols:

• Haha 1

Funny how we drafted a guy in Round 1 to basically give us what DeAndre Carter did.....now we draft a guy who is basically Settle without the pass rush skills.

Really excited to see us find a replacement for Bostic

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dexter said:

Funny how we drafted a guy in Round 1 to basically give us what DeAndre Carter did.....now we draft a guy who is basically Settle without the pass rush skills.

Really excited to see us find a replacement for Bostic

Ya you’re way off on the first sentence. Like not even in the hemisphere.

And Mathis is a better run stiffer than Settle. Much worse pass rusher.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1