Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

With the way we loved running the ball, RB might be our biggest need. Would really love to have the GB 1rsts.

I don’t know… we were pretty pass happy first half of the season.  I guess the question (well, a question) is whether that was purely due to Heinicke or if that continues with Wentz at the helm.  While I lean more toward the former, it could have been a broader philosophical change/decision - keeping opposing qbs on the bench and getting our D more rest.  Going to be interesting to see what transpires.

(To be clear, that’s not me arguing we don’t need a back)

12 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

If London/Wilson were there at 11 and KC offered 28+29 for 11, would you do it?

If corners and Hamilton are gone then yes. I would be ok with taking the arkansas Wr or PSU Wr or North Dakota Wr and another player probably safety. 

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

If corners and Hamilton are gone then yes. I would be ok with taking the arkansas Wr or PSU Wr or North Dakota Wr and another player probably safety. 

Nah, If we were to go that route, I'm taking Dean (as the Buffalo Nickel & potential MLB) and Dotson (if he falls).

Tried my hand at it again, I'm thinking PFN may not be the best mock draft simulator...however I'd be satisfied with this draft too.

team logo
pfn-logo-black23.Drake London WR USC
  •  
    trade icon
  •  
    55. Trey McBride TE Colorado State
    trade icon
  •  
    75. Ed Ingram OG LSU
    trade icon
  •  
    78. Leo Chenal LB Wisconsin
    trade icon
  •  
    99. Verone McKinley S Oregon
    trade icon
  •  
    113. Channing Tindall LB Georgia

•  
    189. Tyreke Smith EDGE Ohio State

•  
    230. Neil Farrell Jr. DT LSU

•  
    240. Tycen Anderson S Toledo

• 2023 ARI 2nd
Edited by Commander_N_Chief
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Anyone have any opinions on some OT or OGs that could be in play at 11 or trade down? 

I would be cool with a OT prospect to compete at LT, RT and if he can’t beat out the starters possibly playing guard initially. I think we are fine at OT but could be better at LT or RT and depth at OG is poor right now. OL could be upgraded and combined with a stud RB in this class could really help us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

Anyone have any opinions on some OT or OGs that could be in play at 11 or trade down? 

Personally, if Cross were to fall into our laps at #11 I'd take him in a heartbeat. While I think this class is overall loaded with good talent to be tapped even into the mid rounds, I do believe there is a dearth of elite level talent and the drop off OL wise is pretty significant. Cross is in the elite camp for me. In fact, he's my OT #1 and think he'd be our Silverback 2.0

As far as RB goes, there are plenty of good options. I especially think Jerome Ford would be effective.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think no doubt we need another RB to share the load with Gibson.  These days IMO EVERY team needs two.  What RB lasts a full season these days?  Derrek Henry some would say but heck even he got hurt last year.   Good news is it seems like the team feels the same now.  Last year, people made fun of me, you, @Koolblue13, @Going Commando among some others for liking the idea of a RB early.   Doesn't feel that way this year.

Javante Wiliams was my RB last year. I didn't want us to draft a RB in the first round, that was my only gripe on Najee as we had so many other needs. I hoped Williams would slide more than he did. I also was hoping they would bring in vet with my main guy was Latavius Murray.

8 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Pickens feels like the kind of guy that will be chosen later and could be a huge steal. Lowest drop rate in college per the PFF chart SIP posted earlier. Watch the body control and hands.

Every time I read about this guy there is mention of on and off field issues (but they never mention what they were) This made my pull him from my list. I must say, I really like him around the same spot we are talking Olave like after 11.  

Does anyone know the specifics of these issues were? I Mean are they so minor we should ignore?

14 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Every time I read about this guy there is mention of on and off field issues (but they never mention what they were) This made my pull him from my list. I must say, I really like him around the same spot we are talking Olave like after 11.  

Does anyone know the specifics of these issues were? I Mean are they so minor we should ignore?

"Every time I read about this guy there is mention of on and off field issues (but they never mention what they were)"

I don't think it was anything major. 

The worst I heard about the kid was that he was a person of interest in a series of butcher knife slayings a few years ago but all the witnesses against him ended up accidentally butcher knifing themselves on the way to the police station before they could make formal statements.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 6

Really hope all this obvious, out in the open interest in Olave is a smoke screen to entice WR needy teams to bite on a trade up. Do not like his value at 11 at all.

You draft a WR at 11 overall that has WR1 upside. Olave does not have WR1 upside.

This is an insanely deep draft class due to covid. Not to mention, it's deep at multiple positions of need for us. We have to do everything we can to trade back.

I'd rather trade down and get a big body WR target for Wentz. I also am liking Dyami Browns development this off-season (been following his YouTube series, route running looks fantastic).

Give me Pickens/Watkins/Pierce after a trade down at WR over Olave all day.

Need to address linebacker/buffalo nickel in 2nd/3rd Troy Andersen potentially does both. People are also sleeping on Leo Chenal... He's MLB-1 for me and it's not close. People think he can't cover but he just wasn't asked to. Micah Parsons level blitzer as well.

Also need a TE. Jelani Woods or Daniel Bellinger.

Like Myjai Sanders in the 4th as DE depth and a developmental replacement for Sweat (if we can't re-sign)

Damien Pierce in the 5th at HB. Perfect compliment for Antonio Gibson.

Also need OL depth/competition. Like Luke Goedeke.

As you can see, we have too many needs to not trade back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

Fights, COVID violation in the context of one of those incidents, suspension from the coaches and the coaches didn't reveal why

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Really hope all this obvious, out in the open interest in Olave is a smoke screen to entice WR needy teams to bite on a trade up. Do not like his value at 11 at all.

You draft a WR at 11 overall that has WR1 upside. Olave does not have WR1 upside.

This is an insanely deep draft class due to covid. Not to mention, it's deep at multiple positions of need for us. We have to do everything we can to trade back.

I'd rather trade down and get a big body WR target for Wentz. I also am liking Dyami Browns development this off-season (been following his YouTube series, route running looks fantastic).

Give me Pickens/Watkins/Pierce after a trade down at WR over Olave all day.

Need to address linebacker/buffalo nickel in 2nd/3rd Troy Andersen potentially does both. People are also sleeping on Leo Chenal... He's MLB-1 for me and it's not close. People think he can't cover but he just wasn't asked to. Micah Parsons level blitzer as well.

Also need a TE. Jelani Woods or Daniel Bellinger.

Like Myjai Sanders in the 4th as DE depth and a developmental replacement for Sweat (if we can't re-sign)

Damien Pierce in the 5th at HB. Perfect compliment for Antonio Gibson.

Also need OL depth/competition. Like Luke Goedeke.

As you can see, we have too many needs to not trade back.

Your first post.   An interesting one to ponder on but Olave and Terry are close friends.  However, Wilson is better, IMO than Olave but the nod may go to Olave rather than Wilson and Wilson also is probably drafted before Olave.  We are at an excellent position to trade down and I HOPE we do as it would allow us to address multiple position with more talented players if we draft the right ones.  :)  My question to you is who trades with us, IYO and specifics would be welcomed.  I love Andersen and hope we draft him.  I don't think he last to the 3rd and is drafted in the 2nd round.  Andersen is so talented already after being a QB, RB, catching passes and playing ILB for a short period of time, even at his size with his speed I agree he could play nickel backer.  He can be used all over the place.  O and D.  I like Bellinger a lot and think he goes higher than projected anywhere from  late 4th through 5th round.  Take a look at the RB from BYU.  He's a bull and can catch the ball out of the backfield.  He always moves forward and never backwards.  Tyler Allegier runs faster than his tested 40 time, I think.  Again, watch his tape.  Please give me your thoughts on a trade down?  Thanks. :)  

5 hours ago, Going Commando said:

I bet the reason they haven't started working on an extension with Terry is because they are planning to reach on Olave in the first round of this year to use as leverage against Terry in negotiations.

Don't think so.  Reporters early on said they plan to negotiate with Terry after the draft, likely in the summer as they typically do.  Rivera talked about it specifically himself.  That's when they did the Jonathan Allen deal last year.  Personally I think its foolish to have a policy to do extensions in the summer -- foolish at least for the team but its great for the player especially in this case -- but that seems to be how they roll with extensions. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am so tired of hearing the "they've never drafted a WR in the first for Aaron Rodgers" criticism of the Packers, as if he didn't just play the past two seasons with the best WR in the NFL.  Every offseason the pundits whine about what Green Bay does and then every season they win 13 games and prove they are so much smarter than everyone else in the league.

It would not shock me if Green Bay doesn't draft a WR in the first, everyone hammers them for that decision, and then they win 13 games again next season.

Rodgers is hard on young receivers too.  It's not a given that they would work, and certainly not a given that they'd be impactful in the time he still has left as an elite QB.

Unless Burks develops more I don't think he's a WR1.  If you want an enticing big slot that you can do some fun pre-snap motion stuff with, he's your guy.

But as an outside WR he lacks experience and needs work.  It's less likely he develops into a WR1 than he's a great weapon you can toss into a team that needs action near the LoS.

Packers are in a pickle because they have a window now, this season, and maybe only this season.  They've gotta add outside WR talent.  But they probably need to trade up for that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I am so tired of hearing the "they've never drafted a WR in the first for Aaron Rodgers" criticism of the Packers, as if he didn't just play the past two seasons with the best WR in the NFL.  Every offseason the pundits whine about what Green Bay does and then every season they win 13 games and prove they are so much smarter than everyone else in the league.

It would not shock me if Green Bay doesn't draft a WR in the first, everyone hammers them for that decision, and then they win 13 games again next season.

Rodgers is hard on young receivers too.  It's not a given that they would work, and certainly not a given that they'd be impactful in the time he still has left as an elite QB.

Yeah, they really need o-line help tbh.  

2 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Aren't both of his main outside WR's gone?  They need someone who can run routes over there.

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Don't think so.  Reporters early on said they plan to negotiate with Terry after the draft, likely in the summer as they typically do.  Rivera talked about it specifically himself.  That's when they did the Jonathan Allen deal last year.  Personally I think its foolish to have a policy to do extensions in the summer -- foolish at least for the team but its great for the player especially in this case -- but that seems to be how they roll with extensions. 

We know one thing for sure. RR is set in his ways.  $$$ keeps going up but RR does it his way.  LOL.