Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

With the 255th pick in the ES Draft the N.O. Saints select Jalen Twyman, DT, Pitt.

10 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

@klwilkins1977and the aint's on the clock

@PokerPacker and the cheeseheads on deck

@drowland and the brownies in the shadows

@Skinsinparadise and the fins 

@mcterry I Have his pick, Mr. Irrelevant!

Done.

Edited by klwilkins1977
  • Confused 1

Having found and thrown my dart, with the 256th pick of the draft, the Green Bay Packers select
Adetokunbo Ogundeji, DE/EDGE, Notre Dame
_MIL9773.0.jpg

Big, athletic edge-rusher.  Athletic profile paints the picture of a high upside player.  Read something about maybe putting on some more weight and he can make for a good 3-4 Hybrid DE that can move around inside and outside.

• Like 3

With pick #257 the Cleveland Browns select Joshua Kaindoh, EDGE - FSU.

Kaindoh's battled injuries thoughout his career at FSU but he's got the size, length, strength and athletism you're looking for in a 4-3 DE.  Has a 9.6 RAS score which is among tops at his position.  Well worth a late round flyer as a developmental edge rusher. 

@Skinsinparadise is OTC

Edited by drowland
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, drowland said:

With pick #257 the Cleveland Browns select Joshua Kaindoh, EDGE - FSU.

Kaindoh's battled injuries thoughout his career at FSU but he's got the size, length, strength and athletism you're looking for in a 4-3 DE.  Has a 9.6 RAS score which is among tops at his position.  Well worth a late round flyer as a developmental edge rusher.  

@Skinsinparadise is OTC

If I ran a 4-3, he'd have been my pick.

• Like 1

Los Angeles Rams Draft

2 25 57 LAR Landon Dickerson Alabama C
3 24 88 LAR Chazz Surratt North Carolina OLB
3 39 103 LAR Talanoa Hufanga USC S
4 36 141 LAR Royce Newman Ole Miss G
6 25 209 LAR Kylen Granson SMU TE
7 24 252 LAR Jonathan Adams Jr. Arkansas State WR

UDFA Targets

UDFA Luke Anthony Louisiana Tech QB
UDFA D.J. Daniel Georgia CB
UDFA Chris Evans Michigan RB
UDFA Darren Hall San Diego State CB
UDFA Robert Jones Middle Tennessee T
UDFA LaBryan Ray Alabama DL5T
UDFA Erroll Thompson Mississippi State ILB
UDFA Syrus Tuitele Fresno State T
UDFA Christian Uphoff Illinois State S
UDFA Jamar Watson Kentucky ELB
UDFA Landon Young Kentucky T

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Thanks to both of you guys.  Tracking all those picks and the draft order is a commitment.  

Thanks but @COWBOY-KILLA- did the heavy lifting keeping the Op updated. I was just here to help keep things going. Thank again commish! Great job again!  

Thanks to all the GMs! Great job as always!!  A very dedicated group of crazies who know way to much about a bunch of college players!! Very well done! Enjoyed it as always!! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Are we there yet? 

Great draft, everyone! It's funny how slow it feels at times. I was legitimately worried we wouldn't finish lol. But somehow, we wind up flying through it. 

I don't know if we'll actually pull off a second draft, though I'd be down, but maybe we can schedule two back to back next year so we're ready for it. We could even plan to change teams ahead of time to allow GMs to do a little research into team needs and types of players that would fit schemes they run. 

But for next year, I think we need to reach a decision on trading future picks (I'm for eliminating them altogether) and having one final "check-in" just prior to the year selection to help kick it off without delays.

Like everyone else has said already, big, big thanks to @COWBOY-KILLA-and @goskins10for keeping this thing afloat. Thanks again to @gooseneckfor coming up off the practice squad with no reps. And thanks to everyone else who participated. I look forward to this every year now and it's really only possible to pull off if we have enough people who participate. Looking forward to seeing how our selections compare to the real ones in a few weeks!

Edited by duffy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

OP is updated with the @seantaylor=god pick....only @clskinsfan left to chime in to but a bow on it.

And guys it was really my pleasure to do this again.  

It's a labor of love that serves to inform me on the upcoming draft and spend some time with a bunch of Skins crazies like I have been all my life.

@goskins10 is the man behind the scenes giving me the support and helping to make the whole thing go, so kudos and thanks to him from me and all of us. 

I'm ready to roll anytime needed. Thanks for the good times..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks guys for another fun draft. 

VIKINGS RUN-DOWN

1.14 Kwity Paye - DE - Michigan

3.78 Quinn Meinerz - OG - Wisconsin Whitewater

3.90 Andre Cisco - S - Syracuse

4.119 Sage Surratt - WR - Wake Forest

4.125 Jamie Newman - QB - Georgia

4.134 D'ante Smith - OT - East Carolina

4.143 Tyler Shelvin - DT - LSU

5.157 Kary Vincent Jr. - CB - LSU

5.168 Shi Smith - WR - South Carolina

6.199 Shaka Toney - DE - PSU

The Vikes are happy with how the draft fell to them. Going BPA was always a temptation but the team wanted to really fill out their biggest weaknesses which happen to be pass rush, run defense, OL and WR depth. 

Pass rush was obviously filled with the best edge rusher available in Kwity Paye. Adding in Shaka Toney with our final pick is just icing on the cake. In terms of stopping the run, the team had already brought in Dalvin Thomlinson and now with Tyler Shelvin we imagine the front to be stout. If there was any concern it's the lack of LBs we looked at but they just never fell when we needed them to. Still, we're happy with Barr and Kendricks filling those spots. 

While the team didn't get one of the premiere LT to replace Reiff, we got who we feel is perhaps the meanest guard, the Canadian Lumbersnack Quinn Meinerz. We also saw enough of D'ante Smith to predict he's got a bright future. If anything that left side got a whole lost nastier. 

Outside of JJ and Thielen, the receiving corp was uninspiring. Bibi Johnson and Chad Beebe weren't the answer so we brought in Sage Surratt for the physical 3rd down conversions and the ultra slippery slot extraordinaire Shi Smith. Those 4 plus a continually developing Irv SMith Jr gives Kurt even less excuse. RB and HB are in good hands with Cook, Mathieson, Abdullah and CJ Ham. The temptation was there but it felt unnecessary.

Secondary was also a concern. Sure the team picked up Patrick Peterson but he's clearly more in a mentor role which means bringing in at least one corner. And we found one of the fastest in the draft in Kary Vincent Jr. Even doubly important with Jeff Gladney in some hot water. MAckensie Alexandre isn't the answer and while Dantzler played well, you never know. Andre Cisco also fills the big void at FS across from All-Pro Harrison Smith. 

Lastly, the team drafted Jamie Newman who's gonna be sitting on the bench for the year learning to mature. He's barely played in a couple of years and the hope is he can be the QB1 in the future because **** Kurt Cousins.

• Like 4

Recap of the Packers' draft:

Packers O-line is in rough condition right now.  There's been a lot of turnover at the guard positions ever since T.J. Lang and Josh Sitton left.  Lane Taylor had stepped in valiantly, but then he's ended each of the last two seasons on IR before leaving for free agency.  All-Pro Center Corey Linsley left in Free Agency this season, All-Pro Left Tackle David Bakhtiari will be unable to start next season as he recovers from an injury, and RT Rick Wagner was cut as a cap-casualty.  So to start my draft, after trading down out of the first round, I spent my first pick on OT Sam Cosmi to step in immediately at Tackle for David Bakhtiari, while Billy Turner plays the other side.  Ideally, I'd like to see Turner sliding inside to guard in the long-term when Bakhtiari returns, but that will depend on how well Cosmi performs in Bakhtiari's absence.  I drafted a pair of interior linemen, Trey Hill and Drew Dalmon in the 4th and 6th rounds, respectively, to compete for spots at Center and Guard to start the season.  When Bakhtiari returns, we can revisit based on everyone's performances whether to slide Billy Turner inside to guard.

In the Conference Championship game, which everybody knows the Packers got cheated and should have beaten the Buccs and gone to the Super Bowl, the Packers did have some difficulty in the secondary.  Kevin King is a decent corner, but that matchup wasn't working for him.  We could use another capable guy to give us options in coverage, so I picked up CB Tyson Campbell with my second second round pick.  He, Jaire Alexander, and Kevin King should be a solid trio to make it difficult for teams to find favorable matches.

I also thought they could use another weapon on the D-line to create havoc.  The line is a bit thin and I'd be concerned how it would look if we were to lose a guy like Kenny Clark for a significant amount of time so I took DL Alim McNeill in the third round as a guy who can rotate in around the line to keep everyone fresh, step in for Kenny Clark at Nose should the need arise, compete to take a starting DE spot, and give another option in our sub packages to get the right look.  With a luxury pick at the end of the seventh, I also added an edge rusher in Adetokunbo Ogundeji who may be able to put on some weight and take on an Elephant OLB/DE hybrid role.  He'll probably need a year of training to prepare for the DE side of things, and if guys remain healthy, he may have difficulty getting on the field as an edge rusher with the Smith Brothers and Rashan Gary in front of him, so expect him to be more of a year 2 prospect.

ILB was another position that needed some love.  After letting Blake Martinez walk at the end of his rookie contract, Christian Kirksey was signed to replace him.  Who has since been cut.  Point is, GB needs help at this position, so I used the second of my 4th round picks on ILB Monty Rice to help shore up this weak link on the defense.  I am also counting on guys like Oren Burks, Ty Summers, and Krys Barnes to make jumps this year.

After filling positions of imminent need, such as making sure Rodgers didn't die, I turned my attention to getting him some weapons.  I didn't think it was as important as some, because I think Devin Funchess coming in after sitting out the COVID season should give him an excellent new weapon.  Still, he is an unknown in the GB offense at this point, and the other receivers beyond Davant Adams seem to all be competing for a #3 or #4 spot.  So I added a couple of intriguing prospects in, again, the 4th and 6th rounds respectively; WRs Marquez Stevenson and T.J. Vasher.  Stevenson is a speed-demon who can take the top off of a defense in a hurry.  That the other Marquez on the team is also a capable deep threat, opposing D will have to respect that aspect of our our game and will be taking a big gamble if they choose to play with a single-deep safety with the Marquezes playing opposite flanks.  T.J. Vasher provides an intriguing physical specimen with great athleticism to go with his 6'6" frame and has shown an ability to make dazzling circus catches.

And lastly, with Jamaal Williams walking in Free Agency, there was an opening for another RB, and so I picked up Rhomondre Stevenson in the 5th round as an absolute bruiser of a runner with impressive elusiveness for his size.  I feel like people were sleeping on him due to his 40-yard dash, but he wasn't drafted to be a home-run threat; I picked him up as a guy who's gonna pulverize the defense which will help open up the D to let Aaron Jones come in and make the home-run play.  He's a capable pass-blocker, which should get him the opportunity to get on the field on 3rd down, and he has experience lead blocking for his running QB, which could allow him to take a hybrid FB role where he could be lead blocking or taking the rock himself.  In a big formation, we could combine him with the other power back on the roster in A.J. Dillon.

Picks:
40  OT Sam Cosmi
62  CB Tyson Campbell
71  DL Alim McNeill
114 IOL Trey Hill
135 ILB Monty Rice
142 WR Marquez Stevenson
178 RB Rhomondre Stevenson
214 WR T.J. Vasher
220 IOL Drew Dalman
256 EDGE Adetokunbo Ogundeji

• Like 4