Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

2 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

The relative youth and non-token diversity of the Democratic Party needs to be presented as a strength to these voters. Mayor Pete, Jon Ossof, Katie Porter, AOC, Wes Moore, Brian Shatz,  Fetterman, BIG GRETCH, Beto, and now Maxwell Frost at 25 will be the first GenZ Congressman in January.

Imagine putting forth more and more candidates that Democrats enthusiastically want to vote for, not willing to vote for, because the alternative is authoritarianism or worse. 

I'm not sure a candidate ever could--or even should--motivate people to vote more than wanting to stop authoritarianism does.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Someone needs to tell Candy that children should be seen, not heard. 

She’s maybe half-right tho.  I’m sure plenty of his Russian/Saudi backers were less than thrilled when the vaccines dropped.  In fact, he likely bungled the rollout on purpose to mollify them.

Edited by TradeTheBeal!

For as easy as it is to say that all Democrats need to do is "run candidates people actually like", I still think they have a really tough challenge. 

It's obvious that to really enthuse the young vote you need to either (1) promise very progressive change policies or (2) need to be stopping fascism. Or both.

But I haven't forgotten how badly Bernie performed in some key states that suggest that you'd lose a lot of centrist democrats if you run someone too extreme. I don't think it's easy to just find someone that will keep you competitive on the Midwest while jazzing up gen Z.

51 minutes ago, Vilandil Tasardur said:

I don't think it's easy to just find someone that will keep you competitive on the Midwest while jazzing up gen Z.

The right jazzed up Gen Z plenty on their own in this election. College students don't tend to support political parties that want to ban books, ban abortions across the board, pass "Don't Say Gay" laws, are against student loan forgiveness, support rape victims being forced to carry the unborn child of their rapist, and won't shut the **** up about "rigged" elections. Even in Florida the youth vote was 60%-40% for Dems (or if you prefer, against Repubs).

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

13 hours ago, tshile said:

i think the most significant thing going on right now is the GOP civil war. I think the people focused on senate and house seat count are missing the way more interesting story.

Meh.....after Tuesday night's announcement, they'll ALL be kissing that fat orange ass again

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

4. You don't have one of the stupidest people ever elected to the Senate. 

I know character gets dragged across the mud during election season, but Walker?  He deserves every last bit of derision and scorn.  Come on, Georgia GOP, senate isn't even winnable.  Do the right thing and don't go down in history as the state that sent this piece of work to the US Senate.

• Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I know character gets dragged across the mud during election season, but Walker?  He deserves every last bit of derision and scorn.  Come on, Georgia GOP, senate isn't even winnable.  Do the right thing and don't go down in history as the state that sent this piece of work to the US Senate.

Im pretty convinced the conservative/racist Republican base doesn’t come out to vote for a mentally disabled black man for the runoff. He probably would not have even forced a runoff if it wasn’t for Kemp being on the general election ballot, pulling his numbers up. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TheGoodBits said:

Im pretty convinced the conservative/racist Republican base doesn’t come out to vote for a mentally disabled black man

Yea...but for a mentally disabled black man that'll do exactly what his white handlers tell him to do...they'll come out and vote for that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

42 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Yea...but for a mentally disabled black man that'll do exactly what his white handlers tell him to do...they'll come out and vote for that.

We'll see. I think most won't even know the difference between 50/50 or 51/49 right now. Just that they aren't in leadership already. 

It's going to be about voting against the other guy again. Do enough Kemp people who passed on Walker change their minds now? 

43 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

We'll see. I think most won't even know the difference between 50/50 or 51/49 right now. Just that they aren't in leadership already. 

It's going to be about voting against the other guy again. Do enough Kemp people who passed on Walker change their minds now? 

51 to 49 means people who want to stop legislation have to bribe Sinema, Manchin and another Senator.  50/50 means they can bribe Sinema OR Manchin....

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

51 to 49 means people who want to stop legislation have to bribe Sinema, Manchin and another Senator.  50/50 means they can bribe Sinema OR Manchin....

Lol. You and I know there are some things that will be different. Committee setup and such. Does the average Republican voter in Georgia know this? Does it motivate them enough to go vote on a Tuesday in December for a Trump hand picked guy? Knowing that win or lose, Biden will get his judges for two more years. 

Super curious who comes to Georgia to campaign with Walker.