Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

43 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

My wish list is to go into the season with Sprinkle cut, S Sims with a new hands transplant procedure, 2 monster TEs and another dog at WR. The defense will be taken care off. 

Sprinkle is not going to be cut. 

Because Sprinkle is a FREE AGENT this year and hasn't earned a second contract

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DWinzit said:

No!  Eff him

They are going to need his replacement though.

If pick 19 is traded away for QB there may not be a decent option at 51.

That would mean they may need to address this position through FA as well as a few other positions

They really need to bring in at least one decent young starter to the Oline...not just scrubs

I don't really understand all the enmity against Trent. Let's say we trade a 1st for Stafford. I'd love Trent back to protect him. Who cares if he left for the 49'ers or if he's a little bit of a head case. If he gives us a better chance to win, then it's water under the bridge. 

I do think that Trent may have overplayed his hand at this point. I think the shine is off. Teams saw what happened in Washington. Then they saw San Fran trade for him and bend over backwards. And Trent is still potentially leaving them in the lurch. I don't think teams will be clamoring for Trent this year. He is going to be undervalued relative to what he offers, talent wise. 

Ironically, I think we are now the kind of team that would be perfect for Trent. Team first culture. Tough. Lots of really good team leaders. I don't think Trent comes home to a team with Rivera, JDR, Chase Young, Terry, Jonathan Allen, etc, and is a problem. He'd no longer be the best player on a joke of a team. He's be surrounded by younger players that are just as talented, a solid culture, and a lot of team leaders. 

If we trade for Stafford, I'm on record as saying that I'd rather have Trent than Allen Robinson. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I don't really understand all the enmity against Trent. Let's say we trade a 1st for Stafford. I'd love Trent back to protect him. Who cares if he left for the 49'ers or if he's a little bit of a head case. If he gives us a better chance to win, then it's water under the bridge. 

I do think that Trent may have overplayed his hand at this point. I think the shine is off. Teams saw what happened in Washington. Then they saw San Fran trade for him and bend over backwards. And Trent is still potentially leaving them in the lurch. I don't think teams will be clamoring for Trent this year. He is going to be undervalued relative to what he offers, talent wise. 

Ironically, I think we are now the kind of team that would be perfect for Trent. Team first culture. Tough. Lots of really good team leaders. I don't think Trent comes home to a team with Rivera, JDR, Chase Young, Terry, Jonathan Allen, etc, and is a problem. He'd no longer be the best player on a joke of a team. He's be surrounded by younger players that are just as talented, a solid culture, and a lot of team leaders. 

If we trade for Stafford, I'm on record as saying that I'd rather have Trent than Allen Robinson. 

Trent has shown, by his actions, that he is not that, or at least no longer that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, carex said:

Trent has shown, by his actions, that he is not that, or at least no longer that

I don't understand what you mean by, "no longer that". He had a great year. He played 14 games, which is good for Trent, and had a PFF grade of 91.9, which would have been the best PFF grade on our team. In case you don't trust PFF, you also got to see Trent looking very good against Chase Young. Young had a great game, but not at all at Trent's expense. 

2 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I don't understand what you mean by, "no longer that". He had a great year. He played 14 games, which is good for Trent, and had a PFF grade of 91.9, which would have been the best PFF grade on our team. In case you don't trust PFF, you also got to see Trent looking very good against Chase Young. Young had a great game, but not at all at Trent's expense. 

a guy who's team first and not a problem

• Like 6

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

I like Moreland, and I look forward to seeing his growth, but man, he is replacement level at this point.  I think we need 3 new corners if we let Darby walk and 2 if we don’t (one boundary corner and one to compete for nickel).

I always thought Moreland was kind of overrated around these parts. He takes a lot of poor tackling angles. 

Am I the only one who believes the o line played really decent through the year..or the majority of the year anyway?...stick with what we got at left tackle and draft. If trent calls begging to come back than maybe work something out..I have nothing against trent whatsoever..good with or without him

Lucas was pretty solid at tackle. Not sure what Charles pans out like, seemed like LG material but that spot is taken. 

Personally would like us to draft a tackle, but that may need to wait a season if we invest high picks into a QB. 

Edited by UK SKINS FAN 74
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Lucas was pretty solid at tackle. Not sure what Charles pans out like, seemed like LG material but that spot is taken. 

Personally would like us to draft a tackle, but that may need to wait a season if we invest high picks into a QB. 

Wes Schweitzer is a swing C/G so I can see wanting him back on the bench

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Or at RG if we can’t get Scherff back, not that I think that is a good idea.

Yeah, kind of playing with fire there thinking a virtual unknown could take over for a high end guard... not to mention our depth would take a hit (though I guess you could argue going from Charles to random FA or draft pick isn’t a drop off, as far as we know).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

So talk we were negotiating with Jon Allen late season on an extension. Nice to hear. Around about the time we extended Roullier.

Wonder what Allen will be getting per year, 12mil ?? 

That's probably the ceiling. 10-12 mil ish. He's good but not an elite difference maker.

• Like 2

RR seems to like guys who are flying under the radar and can be had for a short term prove it deal.  I think mlb jarrad David would be a nice low cost option.  I loved him coming out of florida.  He rode the pine a lot in 2020, was hurt in 2019, but progressed nicely his first two years.  A hard worker who isvery athletic, playing behind this dline, is bound to have success.  Also a high character guy.  Only 26 years old.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.detroitnews.com/amp/4094668001

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

That's probably the ceiling. 10-12 mil ish. He's good but not an elite difference maker.

The thing that interests me about this is we didn’t come to an agreement. Now, we may announce this in the next few months, but if he thinks he’s worth more than that, we will pay 10 mil next year and then we will have to decide whether to franchise him. He will get a lot of money on the open market. IMO, if we want to keep him, we need to extend him now. If we can’t agree I’m moving on next year because I’m not paying the open market price for him, it will be huge.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/defensive-tackle/

Edited by seantaylor=god
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

RR seems to like guys who are flying under the radar and can be had for a short term prove it deal.  I think mlb jarrad David would be a nice low cost option.  I loved him coming out of florida.  He rode the pine a lot in 2020, was hurt in 2019, but progressed nicely his first two years.  A hard worker who isvery athletic, playing behind this dline, is bound to have success.  Also a high character guy.  Only 26 years old.

He's worth a cheap shot at for sure, but I wouldn't consider him as addressing the biggest hole on our team and still go FA&priority draft pick.

1 hour ago, KillBill26 said:

A one or two year prove it deal like Darby's and they say RR likes them. Davis is loaded with talent but has been a disappointment. He is the type of guy who could use fresh breath and with this Dline in front of him...might jump start him.

Pretty sure UK SKINS FAN brought him up a while ago.

• Like 1

I've said elsewhere I don't want Scherff at ridiculous money. Is there a big difference between playing  LG and RG? I know in Madden it makes no difference (!) but I'm sure there are nuances at the very least. I ask because Charles is always linked with the LG spot and not RG? KDawg might be best placed to answer but I'd really like to hear peoples' thoughts.