Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

45 minutes ago, method man said:

Remember how one offseason in the Spurrier or Gibbs era when this team plucked 4 or 5 players from the Jets and became the so called Jetskins (Lav Coles, Randy Thomas, John Hall, Chad Morton, etc)? This team should aim to do the same thing with the Broncos. They have a lot of impending FAs that fit well with this team.

Justin Simmons - stud FS

AJ Johnson - solution at off ball linebacker

Tim Patrick - the red zone threat this team has needed at WR

Courtland Sutton - will be more expensive than Patrick but an option

Vic Fangio ;) - If JDR goes, Ron should do everything he can to bring Fangio here

Coming from someone who currently lives in Denver, I would second this 

Washington's luck with free agents reminds me of Joe BTFSPLK (an Al Capp 1940's comic-strip character who jinxed anything he was around). Evidently the last name was supposed to sound like a Bronx cheer.

400px-Joe_Btfsplk_Excerpt.png

Maybe 50 years later,  Washington has recreated that character, but now he's called Dan WTFSPLK ? I joke of course, but for one reason or another most of Dan's decisions and "BIG" free agent signings haven't seemed to pan out.  

Edited by Wyvern
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

I would like to know if Samuel's was carrying the injury before we signed him, terrible decision by Rivera and Co if he was. 

From my understanding he got hurt after we signed him in OTAs.  Also just like Fitzpatrick they decided not to have surgery and thought it would heal up by now.  Seems like a bad judgement call by our training staff on both players.

34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Who knew?  I am sure a large part of that is coincidental but it’s wild 

I'm hyped up, NOW , for the return of Scherff !!!

Let's go, 49.4% Team !!!

On a sidenote, that's a guaranteed win against the Bucs, because we'd HAVE to beat them, to end up with a .494 winning percentage for the 2021 season !

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

It’s not the money that bothers me. It’s wasting another year on a journeyman backup qb. 

I agree with the sentiment but my frustration stems from the fact that it was an injury and just not poor play. I think he would have made a significant difference and we’d be a 5-3 team now with him in the lineup. Even as late as last year he showed he’s far more capable than Heinecke at leading an offense. Miami went from a 10-6 or 9-7 team to the garbage they are now because of how little production they got from the QB position. I don’t think people truly understand how massive a loss he was simply because they didn’t seem him thrive in preseason and assumed he had nothing left. 

Edited by PartyPosse

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I agree with the sentiment but my frustration stems from the fact that it was an injury and just not poor play. I think he would have made a significant difference and we’d be a 5-3 team now with him in the lineup. Even as late as last year he showed he’s far more capable than Heinecke at leading an offense. Miami went from a 10-6 or 9-7 team to the garbage they are now because of how little production they got from the QB position. I don’t think people truly understand how massive a loss he was simply because they didn’t seem him thrive in preseason and assumed he had nothing left. 

I kind of agree here, but I think we’d be more likely to see the 2019 version of Fitzpatrick… 2020 he had the benefit of it being his second year in the system (not to mention that our system was apparently very different from his other experiences).

4 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I kind of agree here, but I think we’d be more likely to see the 2019 version of Fitzpatrick… 2020 he had the benefit of it being his second year in the system (not to mention that our system was apparently very different from his other experiences).

Possibly, but we’re a much more talented team in terms of options than what he had then. Logan is a considerable upgrade over a rookie Giesecki and the Gibson/JD combo far exceeds what they had that year at RB (Fitz was incredibly their leading rusher at like 240 yards). I think that alone would have made the transition significantly easier.

20 hours ago, method man said:

Remember how one offseason in the Spurrier or Gibbs era when this team plucked 4 or 5 players from the Jets and became the so called Jetskins (Lav Coles, Randy Thomas, John Hall, Chad Morton, etc)? This team should aim to do the same thing with the Broncos. They have a lot of impending FAs that fit well with this team.

Justin Simmons - stud FS

AJ Johnson - solution at off ball linebacker

Tim Patrick - the red zone threat this team has needed at WR

Courtland Sutton - will be more expensive than Patrick but an option

Vic Fangio ;) - If JDR goes, Ron should do everything he can to bring Fangio here

Justin Simmons signed a 4-year $61M contract back in March.  He's not going to be a free agent.  

Personally I would have stayed with Schweitzer at RG, we need to think towards next year and whether we can go forward with Flowers and Schweitzer as our starting G's. It doesn't sit well for me that Sherff can just walk back into the starting lineup, he might be a Great /Good G, but he almost certainly won't be in Washington next year. 

4 hours ago, method man said:

Ugh. Broncos just extended Tim Patrick. He would've been a great #2 here

If Samuel comes back he's our #2....personally, I hope we keep Humphries next season and try and get more out of Brown. Again, TH just hasn't had close to the full compliment of WR's or TE's this season...it really makes me wonder how good he could be. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...