Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

3 hours ago, -JB- said:

I like the McCain signing because now we can finally release Troy Apke.

Problem is when they call him into the office, he’ll end up taking a completely wrong turn somewhere and end up in Baltimore.

3 hours ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Legend has it that he does most of his “lumbering” as part of his off season training routine.

image.jpeg.d19357c1b2026501780f18895df72e71.jpeg

Was he training with Quinn Meinerz?

1 minute ago, RawRebel said:

Whose going to play FS behind McCain if Apke is cut?

Reaves would be the primary backup at FS. But there would be plenty other options on the roster including Curl, Forrest and/or Everett. Guys like Fuller and Roberts have FS experience too. Any of them are a better option than Apke. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, terpfan said:

I think just awkwardly worded. Maybe he was just trying to indicate Reyes was signed as a free agent as opposed to drafted?

Kind of the drawback of the simplicity of English over the complexity of German.  Think "signed" as an adjective modifying "FA TE", not as a verb to which FA TE is the direct object.  Pro tip:  always read your message out loud before you post it and you're more likely to catch awkward phrasing like this.  Q: why would an unsigned FA be there?  Well, there was that emergency QB, but yeah, awkward phrasing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Model-T era, dude.  No seat belts!  But you had to have clutch or you weren't going anywhere.

That Model-T may have been a simple machine but it was an all day sucker that could both take and dish out the hits...

BTW that was hall of famer Ronnie “The Hitman” Lott, among others, that he carried down the field on his back.

Also this particular Model-T wasn’t above the occasional spectacular play. (Now youngins this sort of catch may be commonplace nowadays but you need to remember that this was in an era when you almost never saw one hand grabs)...

As a die hard Redskins fan I absolutely hated Bavaro but as a football fan I damn sure respected him and even tipped my hat and drank an Old English 800 in his honor when he left the game.

Speaking of which he’s overdue a malt liquor toast all things being equal.

(checks empty refrigerator)

Well I guess fermented prune juice and sterno on the rocks will have to do.

glug...glug..Aaah...

-burp-

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

That Model-T may have been a simple machine but it was an all day sucker that could both take and dish out the hits...

Also this particular Model-T wasn’t above the occasional spectacular play. (Now youngins this sort of catch may be commonplace nowadays but you need to remember that this was in an era when you almost never saw one hand grabs)...

As a die hard Redskins fan I absolutely hated Bavaro but as a football fan I damn sure respected him and even tipped my hat and drank an Old English 800 in his honor when he left the game.

Speaking of which he’s overdue a malt liquor toast all things being equal.

-burp-

Can we just take a moment to bask in the glory of that ludicrously 80's fur coat at 50 seconds in?

fur-coat.jpg

• Haha 7

13 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Reyes is a good for nothing malcontent.

Out there shirtless running around catching passes while other rookies are bonding at the local "malt shop".

Waking up at 4:30 am to study the playbook when he should be sleeping or knocking boots with big butted bimbos.

Listening to his coaches while being polite and respectful with a quick sharp "yes sir", "no sir" type response.

His kind absolutely disgusts me.

What a waste of talent. smfh

/p

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 2
  • Haha 9

13 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I doubt Reyes is making the active roster this season. He needs TONS of work on route running among other things. They can make him a protected player every week and keep him off the active roster. 

I think to GET him to the practice squad originally he would still need to get through waivers though. 

26 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I doubt Reyes is making the active roster this season. He needs TONS of work on route running among other things. They can make him a protected player every week and keep him off the active roster. 

I think the protection thing is a COVID rule so it may not be there next year

2 minutes ago, carex said:

I think the protection thing is a COVID rule so it may not be there next year

This too. Also it looks like even if that rule was still in place, it only protects players between 4pm Tuesday and the next game. So even if you protected him every week, he’d still be free to sign somewhere else after each week’s game as long as it was before 4pm Tuesday. 

44 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I believe this is incorrect. He has to clear waivers and someone will sign him off waivers. He’s making the team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1