Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

Am I crazy or are we saying it backwards?

I thought that their contracts did toll, meaning they paused and restart a year later as if that year never happened.

I'm not versed on the terms associated with legal contracts so I certainly could be mistaken. 

Yeah, it does toll.

https://www.nfl.com/news/list-of-nfl-players-to-opt-out-of-2020-season

To be designated a voluntary opt-out, a player must be under contract or subject to a tender. The player's contract will toll and all provisions of that contract for the tolled year will be applicable the following season; however, he will not receive an accrued season. The player will be eligible for a stipend of $150,000 to be treated as a salary advance against his tolled contract; an undrafted free agent, however, is not eligible for the stipend.

13 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

It doesn’t toll. 

Also, why anyone would buy any stock in JHC is beyond me. He was a marginal tweeter of a prospect with good length, and has never shown anything as a pro. 

He is not a 3-4 ILB which is how he was used. 

He’s an athletic, attacking LB which is how JDR plays his D. 

I’m not holding out too much hope but I do wonder if the team is higher on him than fan’s are at this point 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Early rumors were to the Colts but don't recall anything of late.

Hear nothing about teams chasing Alex Smith or Ryan Anderson. 

Think he’s worthy of a 2 year 8-10m deal. Add a voidable 3rd year to spread the cap hit.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we looked at Tartt. He mostly played strong safety but he’s got position flex and played ILB at times for the 49ers and played FS in college. He’s very smart and makes others around him better, athletic, and takes good angles. But, he has poor tackling technique and tends to injure himself every now and again. I bet Mayhew has an eye on him after being in the FO there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fresh8686 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we looked at Tartt. He mostly played strong safety but he’s got position flex and played ILB at times for the 49ers and played FS in college. He’s very smart and makes others around him better, athletic, and takes good angles. But, he has poor tackling technique and tends to injure himself every now and again. I bet Mayhew has an eye on him after being in the FO there. 

did he play that single high safety position when he was a free safety?

2 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

We're gonna end up opening the season in New York, aren't we

I'd take that. I'd take our Defense on Daniel Jones to start the season. Also means they wouldn't have any tape on our offense which presumably will have an enhanced playbook given the options that Samuels gives us.

In fact, that's probably my preferred season opener. Get it out the way early.

Edited by UKskins
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

It doesn’t toll. 

Also, why anyone would buy any stock in JHC is beyond me. He was a marginal tweeter of a prospect with good length, and has never shown anything as a pro. 

No, he’s made some plays and had some flashes. But to your point, how many players actually looked like they belonged in the league under Manusky or Barry?

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

That's cool.  Teams are gonna get their players.  Let's see who chooses the wisest.  

Feels like we’ve slightly fallen short to me. Not by much, but another ‘key’ addition would have been good. Maybe time for a surprise move yet.

15 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Feels like we’ve slightly fallen short to me. Not by much, but another ‘key’ addition would have been good. Maybe time for a surprise move yet.

There are still a ton of big names still out there. Right now I’d be looking at a lot of buy low one year candidates looking to rebuild their value.

One of the guys I wouldn’t mind checking in on is guard Forrest Lamp. He wasn’t the best in the world but he was decent in pass protection and wouldn’t be a bad depth signing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

There are still a ton of big names still out there. Right now I’d be looking at a lot of buy low one year candidates looking to rebuild their value.

One of the guys I wouldn’t mind checking in on is guard Forrest Lamp. He wasn’t the best in the world but he was decent in pass protection and wouldn’t be a bad depth signing.

Agree, mentioned him a while back too when I was banging on about Norwell. 

I think that Harris deal was a real shame. That would have rounded things off nicely.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Agree, mentioned him a while back too when I was banging on about Norwell. 

I think that Harris deal was a real shame. That would have rounded things off nicely.

I'm not quite sure what the team has in mind at safety. Is there a chance the team moves Curl to FS and lets Landon try and find his mojo again? I think Curl has the smarts to play the position and always seemed to be in the right place on pass plays. 

8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I'm not quite sure what the team has in mind at safety. Is there a chance the team moves Curl to FS and lets Landon try and find his mojo again? I think Curl has the smarts to play the position and always seemed to be in the right place on pass plays. 

I think the ultimate end point fallback would be Boston. And they do like Reaves to a degree, it appears.

Maybe add one more versatile DB then hit the draft, see what falls from there.