Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

For the record I don’t sleep on NYG. I actually think they’re the biggest comp for the division. I like what they’re building  with Judge more than most. 

At the same token what happened in games under Shanny, Gruden, Callahan, etc. has no importance to me moving forward. They beat us in two tough outs with this group. Tip my cap to them, but I’m going into our upcoming matchups confident. Sue me 😅

I recall we went through a 5 game winning streak against Philly under Gruden. Including winning the first two times vs Pederson. Doug then proceeded to own Jay & co, win a SB and we wouldn’t beat them again until this past season under Ron. Time for some get back on the Giants 😁

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Who the hell is Tory McTyver?

do you mean...?

Torry McTyer (CB) - McTyer was signed out of UNLV by the Dolphins as an undrafted free agent after the 2017 draft. Son of former NFL player Tim McTyer, Torry, though a little small (5’11”) has blazing speed (4.3). He was also an effective kick returner in college.

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

@bakedtater1 @Cooleyfan1993 and others discussing Social Media - Can you please move your conversation to the Tailgate or pretty much anywhere but here? This is really for free agents. Would like to keep the conversation to just that as much as we can.  

Thanks! 

Good signing for the Giants in Golladay. But that's a lot of money for a guy coming off that kind of injury. Wonder what the gauranteed money is. May make more sense.

Also not sure they have the right QB. Jones to me is a really nice back-up. 62% comp - lots of TOs, esp fumbles. And TDs went way down last year from his first year. Maybe he gets better but I would not bet on it. And have they ruined Barkley? How much #1 juice does he have left? 

I know we lost to the giants but we still won the division. If we lose to the giants twice a year but win the division every year, OK I can live with that. I do think they are better than people think. That D can play when their play calling is good. But their Oline is suspect and like I said, not sure Jones is the one to lead them to the SB. 

Yep I'm done sorry

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I really don't understand the tartt link, he is primarily a ss correct?  We are good there, should be chasing FS types.

Don't know how legit it is but he can play FS.

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/02/robert-saleh-jaquiski-tartt-nfl-best-safeties/

Robert Saleh on why Jaquiski Tartt is one of NFL's best safeties

Fred Warner’s interception of Giants quarterback Daniel Jones was a great individual play, but it didn’t happen without the help of strong safety Jaquiski Tartt, who alerted the linebacker of the route coming from Giants tight end Evan Engram. The recognition from Tartt was a good reminder that value doesn’t solely lie in a player’s physical capabilities. It’s also a reminder that Tartt is one of the NFL’s best safeties according to defensive coordinator Robert Saleh.

Saleh in a video conference following Thursday’s practice talked about Tartt’s high football IQ and the impact it has on the 49ers’ entire defense.

“When his mind is triggering and his body is moving, he’s at the top of his game. He’s one of the better safeties in football,” Saleh said. “What you don’t see with regards to him talking to his teammates, getting people lined up, directing traffic in the backend, getting the corners where they need to be, getting Jimmie Ward where he needs to be, the disguises that he’s able to create while still being able to do his job, those are things that don’t show up on the stat sheet. And you really don’t have an appreciation for it when you’re watching the game, but he’s a problem with regards to the way he plays the game and the way he presents the defense with regard to disguise. He is a very, very valuable piece of the defense. Obviously, they all are, but his communication skills can be unnoticed, but it’s not unnoticed here for sure.”

To further Saleh’s point, Tartt missed the final four games of last season for San Francisco dealing with a rib injury. The 49ers defense prior to his injury was allowing 15.3 points and 134.3 passing yards per game. After his injury those numbers jumped to 31.2 points and 274 passing yards per game.

Tartt is a free agent this offseason, and his play over the last couple seasons should make him a coveted player on the open market. While there’s talk of all the 49ers corners becoming free agents after this year, Tartt may be the defensive back Saleh and the team don’t want to lose.

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 7.16.36 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I didn't see it mentioned, but the Cowboys signed that POS Keanu Neal. 

Hes the head hunter that gave Reed a concussion in a pre-season game. 

To be fair, all anyone really had to do was sneeze on Reed to give him a concussion. 

42 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Speaking of Safety's Paris Ford crapped the bed in his workouts. I wonder how much that cost him. 

It was so horrible and he’s undersized too.

“His performance on the field for the Panthers was much better than the product he put on the field for the Pro Day. Ford posted a 4.90 40-yard dash, 29-inch vertical jump, 9-foot-2 broad jump, 4.53 shuttle run and a 7.65 three-cone. Those athletic testing numbers could make him undraftable and teams are going to have a lot of questions about what he spent his time doing when he opted out.”

• Like 1

That's sad about Paris Ford. I watched him play against my town's high school team in the Pennsylvania quarterfinals. Almost single-handedly, he beat our pretty good team. He was blazing fast. I really enjoyed watching him play, even though he crushed us.  I wonder what happened to all that speed and quickness.

6 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

That's sad about Paris Ford. I watched him play against my town's high school team in the Pennsylvania quarterfinals. Almost single-handedly, he beat our pretty good team. He was blazing fast. I really enjoyed watching him play, even though he crushed us.  I wonder what happened to all that speed and quickness.

It is an odd contrast from what you see on film.