Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

18 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

When I cooked at Spago in Vegas he would always come in during the day because he liked the jewelry store next to it, but would sit in the main area that was closed during the day. We were told not to look at him and he'd eat at a table by himself with a circle of people around him looking away. 

That's cool. As a guy with neck and hand tattoos, who has punched a lot of people, I get kind of irritated when people start sharing their valuable opinions about other peoples tattoos, so I totally get your point.

I like Mike. Wish he'd go back to being Vegan again, but it's cool. :ols:

What the **** does this have to.do with tattoos??!?!!

1 hour ago, DiscoBob said:

That's a surprisingly insightful statement from someone who thought it was smart to tattoo his face...

Your post proves his point.  😀

*EDIT - Oops, I see Koolblue already said this.  Sorry, I didn't read past your post before replying.

Edited by Number 44
  • Haha 1

I am interested in other opinions.  There is no question that we needed WR help at a different level than what we had other than Terry.  So this is not to bash the signing of Samuel.  But here is the question.  A few years ago we signed Paul Richardson and we were all excited.  As it turned out he was a total bust here.  Couldn't get on the field because he was injured all the time and when he did he was not productive.  And he had a big contract for that time.  Based on what I saw they appear to be similar body types in terms of size, speed etc.  Samuel is about 20 pounds heavier.  Heck they even wear the same number coincidence I am sure.  As fans, why should we be overly excited about this signing at least at this point based on our experience with the RIchardson signing?  I realize they are two different people but are there any concrete observations that point to better potential?

8 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Is Deshazor Everett not a realistic option at FS? I do like that he's a thumper.

Ideal reserve SS. Versatility to play both spots, but much better in the box. Special teams captain. 

In his case, I see Doughty+ rather than the Doughty- as in Reaves' case.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

IIRC there was a tweet saying we had some interest in Okung  

Any of those TEs is an upgrade over what we have for TE2. It’s a shame we missed out on Rudolph given the connections we have to him ( Turners and Heinicke).

Out of that list, Fells on a 1 year vet min + incentives deal is my top option. Phenomenal blocker at 270 who is a big red zone target (he is a former pro bball player). Downside is he is 35. He’s a fit even if we draft a TE

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, glongest said:

I am interested in other opinions.  There is no question that we needed WR help at a different level than what we had other than Terry.  So this is not to bash the signing of Samuel.  But here is the question.  A few years ago we signed Paul Richardson and we were all excited.  As it turned out he was a total bust here.  Couldn't get on the field because he was injured all the time and when he did he was not productive.  And he had a big contract for that time.  Based on what I saw they appear to be similar body types in terms of size, speed etc.  Samuel is about 20 pounds heavier.  Heck they even wear the same number coincidence I am sure.  As fans, why should we be overly excited about this signing at least at this point based on our experience with the RIchardson signing?  I realize they are two different people but are there any concrete observations that point to better potential?

In my opinion there is absolutely no comparison between Richardson and Samuel.  Samuel was originally a RB and much more rugged (the weight disparity you mentioned). Samuel ran a 4.31 40 vs a 4.33 for Richardson, at a much heavier weight. He is more versatile.  Richardson was a 1 trick pony.  Our offense seems to crave multi-positional offensive players.  For us, Samuel is light years beyond Richarson with THIS team.  

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, glongest said:

Not everyone was excited about Paul R. He had an injury history. As far as I know Samuel does not have an injury history. Also, Richardson while an inch taller was 15 lighter - likely why he was more often injured. Last but not least Richardson's best season to date was 44 rec   703 yds and 6TDs  Samuels numbers are a lot better and that's with rotating QBs. 

This is nothing, NOTHING like Paul Richardson. Could he flame out? Sure. But it is very unlikely. 

So unlike Paul R we should be very excited about Curtis Samuel. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

KJ Wright would be an impact player. He’s really underrated and has been a stud for a long time. My guess is he’s turning down low offers and takes a one year deal somewhere.

I think the 1 year deal has to meet a certain bar for him to leave Seattle. I wonder what Seattle is offering him

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

**** yeah...**** is ****ing weak these days...NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO CONFRONT ANOTHER PERSON IN PERSON...absolutely ridiculous...

We had to have a generator worked on and it runs the cooling units on our cooler trailer...well temperatures started rising and we needed that generator...the owner was communicating with the repair man via text she got a couple responses than nothing..the manufacturer was even trying to get ahold of this repair man via phone and nothing..couldnt get ahold of him..so I did it the old fashion way and stopped in there in person to ask what's up with the generator..this older dude was wayyyyyy thrown back...like way shocked I was there in person..almost scared in a way..well..the generator was fixed not 3 days later...**** social media and everything it stands for.

I know you were trying to be funny but there is actually a lot of truth to this. We used to work out our differences. Some of my best lifelong friends were people I had fights with growing up. Social Media is the absolute worst invention in human history. All people do is yell at each other in cyberspace. I use Twitter only for football news now. The place is an absolute cesspool of hate.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

In order of need, I hope we're considering KJ Wright or Eric Wilson at linebacker, Trey Burton or Jesse James at tight end, and Malik Hooker or Tre Boston at FS.  

I don’t want Eric Wilson as anything more than a nickel player given how bad his run defense is