Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

39 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

FWIW, I don't usually pay much attention to Cowherd because he's an idiot but he peaked my interest by saying he talked to 2 NFL executives yesterday and they think RR is up to something at QB.  Saying Fitz just doesn't seem like an RR type QB and assuming his contract is heavily incentivized, he's a cheap veteran to someone not on the team.  Who knows, draft maybe but we'll see.

Cowherd is a HUGE Darnold fan and think's Washington should trade for him.  He has been pushing that narrative and even joked yesterday about WFT signing a QB who had never been in a playoff game.   

:229:The Rook

Edited by The Rook
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, A-Lost-Wolf said:

Yes SIR ! Just canceled mine 5 minutes ago!! I hated DirecTV and only had it for football 🏈 

You might want to call them back. Someone just posted earlier that DirecTV has the NFL through 2022...

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

It appears that Amazon is the leader in the clubhouse to land the Sunday Ticket  the article though doesn't specify if its only streaming rights through. 

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4413404-nfl-negotiates-new-partner-nfl-sunday-ticket-amazon-lead

Edited by Gibbsisgod2006
  • Thanks 1

Just listened to reporters who covered all three FA signings at their respective previous teams.

Omar Kelly who covers the Dolphins was the most effusive.  I've read his stuff for years and he if anything leans on the cynical side of things.

His take.  Fitz is one of the top 15 QBs in the league.  He's gotten better as he's gotten older.  He's dialed down the picks.  The picks he had this year had a bunch dealing with coming back from behind where he had to take mega chances and some of the younger receivers running the wrong routes.   His field vision is one of the best in the league, he thinks the best after Brady. 

Great dude.  Great leader.  Teammates love him.  He think he has 3-4 years left in him if he plays that long.  He says throw out the book on Fitz ass for this full career, focus on his later career.  In short, he agreed with Fitz's own take as a player that he's improved as he got older. 

Curtis Samuel:  The reporter was really high on him.  He could fly.  Loves him on sweeps in particular.  Thinks he can really breakout and explode in Washington. 

William Jackson:  the reporter was the least effusive among the three.  He said he's really good playing press.  He likes to cover the top receiver versus stick to just one side of the field.  Somewhat quiet dude compared to the typical brash corner.  Struggles tracking balls.  He said in college he was known as a play maker but in the pros oddly seems to really struggle tracking the ball in the air both in terms of making picks and also sometimes allowing receptions in situations where he's right on top of the play.  He thinks he might be able to emerge as a top corner type but thinks he was short of that in Cincy -- basically good but not great player but potential to be great. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

21 minutes ago, Gibbsisgod2006 said:

Its not true unfortunately... I got so excited. 

8 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

5 minutes ago, A-Lost-Wolf said:

Yes SIR ! Just canceled mine 5 minutes ago!! I hated DirecTV and only had it for football 🏈 

Uh. This is a wide range of thoughts that I don’t know what to do with... :ols:

• Haha 2

The hope has to be that Fitz plays his best ball being smarter about situational football and not 110% Clint Eastwood.  A 2:1 TD to Int ratio is fine as long as it doesn't swing the game at the worst time.  I'm a bit realistic about Fitz and here's hoping that he's just getting better with age.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And he signed anyways? Our receivers can't run routes without falling over in that game. It's like they are permanently drunk.

And let's not talk about Geron Christian. He lets DEs run right around and doesn't even turn.

And the amount of times I've seen Scherff go to block a guy and run right passed them and then onto the sideline mid play is alarming.

Fitz loves reclamation projects, though!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

And he signed anyways? Our receivers can't run routes without falling over in that game. It's like they are permanently drunk.

And let's not talk about Geron Christian. He lets DEs run right around and doesn't even turn.

And the amount of times I've seen Scherff go to block a guy and run right passed them and then onto the sideline mid play is alarming.

Fitz loves reclamation projects, though!

Not to mention they're all rated at least 2 points lower than they should be because Madden rating guy is a Dallas fan. 

• Thanks 1