Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

So it might bite us later not extending, but with basically 2/16mill left (8 AAV) and more recent deals, I'm not sure an extension makes a lot of sense.  Trent Brown is similar age and if we went as high as 16.5 AAV we'd be higher cap hits all years.  Bulaga at 10 AAV is basically same cap hit first 2 years (just lower year 1 and higher year 2) and basically a 14 mill AAV option.  My guess would be 12AAV and that benefit would be more on a keeping him vs a cap benefit, but does he agree to 12?  I guess getting guarantees and not being ignored at a lower level there is leverage to be less than typical averages.

image.png.cffe976aa5a03b0619d53384eb096423.png

https://overthecap.com/player/bryan-bulaga/1092/

image.png.cf9bbcc4e99861f15a8c779e50d420ac.png

https://overthecap.com/player/trent-brown/4092/

image.png.cfc5b608e3709c2ca5c9a87038b10260.png

5 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Same here. Marcus Williams from NO is another nice option. Again, not sure how much appetite we have to spend decent cash at FS.

He'd probably be my next choice. There's a few decent options for us in FA. Not a lot in the draft.

Hopeful prove it deal for Hooker is probably my second choice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

He'd probably be my next choice. There's a few decent options for us in FA. Not a lot in the draft.

Hopeful prove it deal for Hooker is probably my second choice.

i think we did recognise the need last season, thus the failed Sean Davis experiment. We then patched up all season. Got to think an option will be brought in, unclear on the level of investment we want to make. Prove it deal for Hooker is a nice alternative too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

i think we did recognise the need last season, thus the failed Sean Davis experiment. We then patched up all season. Got to think an option will be brought in, unclear on the level of investment we want to make. Prove it deal for Hooker is a nice alternative too.

That's a great point. I was a huge fan of the signing and then absolutely stunned (happily) when we cut him, after it didn't work out. I was hoping Apke could hang, but it's still the same bad angle problems. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

Allen Robinson

Love to have him but we would have to put his 10x great grandchildren thru space Harvard to come here with our QB situation.

Feels a bit like the A Cooper scenario again. May need to focus on more mid tier options.

Unless we can make a move before FA. Still plenty of time. Gotta be prepared for any scenario so I am glad they are still eyeballing high end talent at the WR position. With multiple roadmaps, transitioning forward would be seamless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's really awkward when players go on and on about how much they love the city, fans, and can't imagine not being there, the day after they sat down with ownership and asked to go somewhere else.

I get what Watt is doing, the Texans are a mess, and he has no desire to spend the last days of his career as part of said mess.  Just say that.