Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Tampa Bay Football Team PALOFFS IS NOW Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

ErWBQXnXIAMb9cO?format=jpg&name=4096x409

just listened to Heinicke's old college coach on 980.  The dude is billing him as Rocky.  After listening to him, I'd think Tampa not us are in trouble. :ols:

Some highlights

A.  He's better as a spread QB than a read option one even though he has speed

B.  He thinks he will run for 75 yards or so -- watch for him to take off on third and short, etc

C.  This is his dream -- he's been trying to make it in the NFL for 5 years

D.  He's really cool and collected, loves big moments

E.  He hopes it propels his career

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

just listened to Heinicke's old college coach on 980.  The dude is billing him as Rocky.  After listening to him, I'd think Tampa not us are in trouble. :ols:

I'm so excited to see if he can take us on a storybook run the next few weeks. I think this kid has that IT factor to him. He's a gamer. 

14 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I'm so excited to see if he can take us on a storybook run the next few weeks. I think this kid has that IT factor to him. He's a gamer. 

The translation for me as for what his coach was saying:  this dude belongs in the NFL, he's fast, he's accurate, he's clutch, has the intangibles.  He thinks the NFL has missed the boat on him and this is Heinicke's opportunity to both salvage and set up his career.  I've heard coaches gush about their players before but this was a 10 out 10 as for the intensity of the gushing versus the typical lets say 7.5 or so. 

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If Heinicke wins the game, but does so in an unspectacular fashion, with the defense doing 80% of the work, and then Smith has a perfect week, practices all week in full, and feels great next Sunday, then who starts ?

He would have to be spectacular to start over a healthy Smith.

9 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If Heinicke wins the game, but does so in an unspectacular fashion, with the defense doing 80% of the work, and then Smith has a perfect week, practices all week in full, and feels great next Sunday, then who starts ?

Moot bc there is no chance Alex is fully healthy by next weekend. “Fully healthy” unfortunately is not in the cards for Alex anymore.

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Some highlights

A.  He's better as a spread QB than a read option one even though he has speed

B.  He thinks he will run for 75 yards or so -- watch for him to take off on third and short, etc

C.  This is his dream -- he's been trying to make it in the NFL for 5 years

D.  He's really cool and collected, loves big moments

E.  He hopes it propels his career

And how much film does Tampa have of Heinicke, running a Washington offense 😛

3 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I expect us to loose but I hope we can keep it close and make Brady earn it.

If Taylor can lead us to an upset; give him a contract as our backup for 21.

Backup? If he wins this game with good numbers he gets a shot to compete for #1 next year. 

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The translation for me as for what his coach was saying:  this dude belongs in the NFL, he's fast, he's accurate, he's clutch, has the intangibles.  He thinks the NFL has missed the boat on him and this is Heinicke's opportunity to both salvage and set up his career.  I've heard coaches gush about their players before but this was a 10 out 10 as for the intensity of the gushing versus the typical lets say 7.5 or so. 

On one hand, not surprised his coach is gushing - how many ODU qbs have made it in the NFL?  With that said, I have a hunch that the NFL ‘misses’ on qbs frequently - particularly late round/UDFA types that need some time to develop, need to be given chances/support, or just need the longer leashes that 1st round qbs usually get, or some combination.  

Archived