Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

same joint they tried to hit Greene with I think 

Fourteenth Amendment, Section 3:

"No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof."

Yeah, true. Though I'm curious how that would play out legally (should be interesting to see how it goes with Marge). Would the person have to actually be convicted of insurrection, or just have enough evidence that they did to convince a judge?

Also remember that anything like that would be challenged all the way up to SCOTUS, and you know exactly how those assholes would rule.

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

38 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Testimony, so far, has all come from Republicans. Further, there really hasn't been any refuting of the testimony. Although I admit I may have missed it.

Oh you haven't been paying attention then.  It's being refuted.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Been working all afternoon, haven't had time to really check in or listen.  

Can someone sum it up for me, was today's information really all that big?  Or is it a nothingburger?

Trump fomented armed insurrection. He was told and knew that armed rally goers wanted to attend the rally, SS wouldn't let them in without going through magnatrons that checks for weapons and other gear, and Trump said to let them in the rally. So he still urged them toward the Capitol knowing that some were armed. Also he tried to go to the Capitol instead of going back to the WH. Attacked his SS head. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

p.s. I can't believe Ms. Hutchison is only 25 yo. Impressive.

And the so-called adults in the room who all should have come clean with this information to the American people should be ashamed of themselves.  Instead they asked for pardons....

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

25 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah, true. Though I'm curious how that would play out legally (should be interesting to see how it goes with Marge). Would the person have to actually be convicted of insurrection, or just have enough evidence that they did to convince a judge?

Also remember that anything like that would be challenged all the way up to SCOTUS, and you know exactly how those assholes would rule.

I’ve given this some thought.  Not sure if the Scum Six would go for it.  What incentive do they have to help Trump?  They have a lifetime appointment.  They’d rather support a true Christo-fascist.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I’ve given this some thought.  Not sure if the Scum Six would go for it.  What incentive do they have to help Trump?  They have a lifetime appointment.  They’d rather support a true Christo-fascist.

Because he's a useful idiot who will do whatever the Christo-fascists want as long as they shower him with enough praise and money.

19 minutes ago, bearrock said:

And the so-called adults in the room who all should have come clean with this information to the American people should be ashamed of themselves.  Instead they asked for pardons....

And don't forget that some of them also made plenty of money on book deals. Gotta get those Benjies, country be damned!

Edited by mistertim
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Flying Sci-Fi GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

But I don’t. He’s gotten away with everything in his wretched life. 

the people required for him to get away with it, aren’t helping him get away with it

i imagine some % of these people, would help him get away with it,  but it’s become apparent the option is to help put people in jail, or be put in jail, and so self preservation/decisions decisions/ etc. 

Edited by tshile

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

the people required for him to get away with it, aren’t helping him get away with it

i imagine some % of these people, would help him get away with it,  but it’s become apparent the option is to help put people in jail, or be put in jail, and so self preservation/decisions decisions/ etc. 

I feel like I was told the same thing about Matt Gaetz and that thread/dream died a long time ago. Granted what’s going on here is obviously of much greater consequence, I can’t shake the feeling he will get away with it.

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I feel like I was told the same thing about Matt Gaetz and that thread/dream died a long time ago. Granted what’s going on here is obviously of much greater consequence, I can’t shake the feeling he will get away with it.

If you go back in the thread long enough you can find me having probably every opinion possible at different points. 

so. What I say doesn’t mean anything. 

:cheers:

• Haha 9

I wonder if McCarthy is regretting his decision to pull his side out of the Jan 6th commission because they wouldn't allow carnival barkers like Jim Jordan to be part of it.

He could have at least put a few slightly less rabid but still loyal Trump flunkies on there and had them do the whole dog and pony show for the sake of distraction.

I'm assuming he was hoping the whole thing would be a flop and the public wouldn't care. Looks like he was wrong and now there's nobody up there to run interference as all this damning info and testimony comes out.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

The woman that testified today is super lucky the trumps are incompetent ******* 

if this was the Clinton’s she’d have had an “accident” months ago 

thats the exact **** the idiots use to justify everything that’s happened so far fyi 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Larry said:

Not funny. 

Why not, Larry?

14 minutes ago, tshile said:

The woman that testified today is super lucky the trumps are incompetent ******* 

if this was the Clinton’s she’d have had an “accident” months ago 

No man, you’re wrong. If it was the Clintons, Bill would be trying to sleep with her. 

• Haha 3

At the end of today, they said that if anyone who had declined to testify before, or "remembered" something new, wanted to come back. They'd be welcome. Hope some folks take them up on it. 

Got to take down the immediate support system so nobody is left to defend him. Also, **** Meadows. What a cartoonish villain. 

• Like 2