Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Scherff makes AP First Team All-Pro

Burgundy Yoda

His price tag just went up, now it all comes down to value.  How important is one of the best right guards in the game?  I still say 5 years 70 million or somewhere around there needs to be the max that we offer.  Beyond that is too rich for that position.  

We do have the advantage of continuity for scherff, and we are a rising team with a respected coach.  I don't see another team as promising offering significantly more than that.   Is rivera willing to pony up?

56 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I think this pretty much justifies him wanting top 5 money. First time we've had a 1st team All-Pro player in how many years?

I’m happy for him but I have my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for us.

I hope Brandon agrees to sign with us during the period of exclusivity because if he gets to free agency he will become the highest paid guard in the league— if not in league history.

It’s hard to turn down a financial opportunity like that. I don’t honestly know if I would at his age. 

I fear the odds have increased that he won’t be on the team next year. :( (Queue Debbie Downer riff)

Edited by TrancesWithWolves

1 minute ago, Berggy9598 said:

McCloughan is the only decision maker to ever work under Snyder that would have pulled the trigger on drafting him at that spot. Thank you Scot. 

Alcohol. The cause and solution to all of lifes problems.

Just kidding. Glad he found a football player that high.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Alcohol. The cause and solution to all of lifes problems.

Just kidding. Glad he found a football player that high.

He was so ahead of his time.  Always said he loved drafting Football Players.  I’m pretty sure he told people back then he loved drafting Football Players for his Football Team.jurassic park mind blown GIF by Spotify

• Haha 2