Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Scherff makes AP First Team All-Pro

Burgundy Yoda

43 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Quite an achievement. Not sure if he’s been at that level, but I’ll take it. Well done.

Need to lock him up. 5/70 gets the job done. 

Plus, he wants to stay. And Rivera wants it to happen. I expect a deal soon as the season is over.

Brooks going down and Zach Martin moving around the Dallas line definitely helped him out. 

My opinion he is a average pass blocker. Gets pushed back to the QB to much. Our Qb's no matter who is back there, never have time to go down the field. Blitz us and we fall apart.  O Line pass blocking is the  biggest area to fix this off season.  His pass blocking and top guard money are not on the same level. 

6 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

My opinion he is a average pass blocker. Gets pushed back to the QB to much. Our Qb's no matter who is back there, never have time to go down the field. Blitz us and we fall apart.  O Line pass blocking is the  biggest area to fix this off season.  His pass blocking and top guard money are not on the same level. 

So, you don't agree that he is an all pro and they're wrong?

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

This is why you let the draft play out and not react over a small sample size. We were roasted for taking a guard that high. Scherff has outplayed just about everyone taken after him, except Diggs.

I’d argue Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter and maybe Tyler Lockett considering where they were all drafted but he was definitely the best first round selection.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

When the team has had a functional QB there always has been plenty of time. 

4 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

I lean toward this.

On more than one occasion he's actually been pancaked.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

NFL- Scherff is an all pro

WFT fan- meh, he's pretty average

Also WFT fans- We should play Heinicke over Smith even if he is healthy! Time Settle is our best DT, trade allen and payne!

Ahhh yes. ES constantly complains about all of our holes while actively lobbying to create more of them. 

Sign the dude. Today.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I think this pretty much justifies him wanting top 5 money. First time we've had a 1st team All-Pro player in how many years?

21 hours ago, Redskinzfan30 said:

First all pro since the 90’s right? 

Yep.

Since 1996, when Matt Turk did it.

Congrats to Brandon. :cheers:

• Sad 1

I was happy to see this, I'm always happy when this happens to your guys. But I was surprised and kind of agree with many of the others.  To me a first team All Pro is a stud, a Zach Martin.  And he just doesn't play like that, and he's hurt a lot although I'm not sure that factors into this voting.  But it won't make him any cheaper to sign so there's that.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

19 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Brooks going down and Zach Martin moving around the Dallas line definitely helped him out. 

True.  He's probably about as good as Brooks at this point in their careers so I think it could be a wash between them most years, but Zach Martin has had a stranglehold on a guard spot since he was a rookie, and big Q will have a stranglehold on the other guard spot every healthy season.  Maybe he'll stay at RT for the Cowboys.

• Like 1

reSPect.

On 1/8/2021 at 4:38 PM, GothSkinsFan said:

Now *that's* a triple-entendre!

+1

12 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

NFL- Scherff is an all pro

WFT fan- meh, he's pretty average

Also WFT fans- We should play Heinicke over Smith even if he is healthy! Time Settle is our best DT, trade allen and payne!

What bout the playcallin and draft position??