Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2021

Cooked Crack

7 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

I think you both are confusing “base” with “moderates” and “centrists”. I think of base as the guaranteed die hards. This sect is shrinking. Dem Politicians seem to be picking single issues. No well rounded platform anymore. 

Nah, there are plenty of die hard factions in the democratic party, like blacks, that you speak straight to them, they come out to vote. 

Whats wrong with focusing on criminal justice reform, infrastructure, or climate change?  Theres a litany of individual issues that I dont see a one size fits all approach to.

7 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

true blue democrats keep dismissing us never trump Republicans and Independents. We are literally writing Dems a playbook and we keep getting annoyed. 

even I am considering just sitting 2024 out. 

Whats the playbook?  If its come further to the middle while still getting demonized as communists, thats what Biden is doing and its going nowhere. 

Edited by Renegade7

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Odd, back in January when Biden took office I thought people were saying the opposite. 

Donald Trump oversaw a horrific pandemic response which led to several hundred thousand deaths and a terrible economy. In an election year. And despite Biden winning by ~10 million votes nationally, only actually won the presidency by less than a quarter of a million votes where the EC was concerned.

Trump was historically bad. Like, he was almost Hoover in 1932 bad. And Biden barely won. I think most people knew it was kind of a fluke that couldn't be counted on moving forward, but here we are. Trump's still out there, but he's not actually in office, so the whole "I'm not Trump, and my opponent is like Trump" strategy is failing a year later. Democrats need to stop running on what they aren't and start running on what they are and will do.

But, and here's the kicker, they have to actually do ****. That means Sinema needs to be brought into line. That means Manchin needs somebody to tell him to knock it off and be a team player when it matters. Independents are fickle assholes, which is why they're independents. At least the true independents are, not the "I'm an independent but I vote a straight Republican ticket every time and refuse to admit to being or register as one because I'm twa" independents. They need to be won over constantly. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

I think you both are confusing “base” with “moderates” and “centrists”. I think of base as the guaranteed die hards. This sect is shrinking. Dem Politicians seem to be picking single issues. No well rounded platform anymore. 

true blue democrats keep dismissing us never trump Republicans and Independents. We are literally writing Dems a playbook and we keep getting annoyed. 

even I am considering just sitting 2024 out. 

No, we agree.  The base is guaranteed die hards.

Remains to be seen who's running in 2024 but I can see myself sitting out, too.  

I post this practically every election, but Carlin says it best...NSFW, obviously.  This bit is close to 30 years old, still relevant:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

What actual GOP policy has won over a majority of voters recently?   

The "no CRT in schools" one is tricky since technically because there is no CRT in schools, a GOPer who wins election can literally doing nothing and then claim they were successful at making sure CRT was banned from schools.

I am also a huge fan of "allowed to say Merry Christmas again" policy that won over the hearts & minds of some people. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

The "no CRT in schools" one is tricky because technically because there is no CRT in schools, a GOPer who wins election can literally doing nothing and then claim they were successful at making sure CRT was banned from schools.

Dems should steal the phantom platform. 

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I post this practically every election, but Carlin says it best...NSFW, obviously.  This bit is close to 30 years old, still relevant:

People then say "if you can't vote you can't complain"

i voted today. for a loser, but i voted.

thus i can **** all i want these next 4 years until Youngkin leaves office

Honestly shocked at how close NJ is.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I seriously need to shift back to this line of thinking.  I used to ignore all of this because its all so stupid, but Trump broke me and now I'm far too attentive.  Truly want to turn it off and dont know how.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

I seriously need to shift back to this line of thinking.  I used to ignore all of this because its all so stupid, but Trump broke me and now I'm far too attentive.  Truly want to turn it off and dont know how.

It's pretty easy, for me.  I don't place too much belief into politics, politicians or religion.  Makes life a lot easier, a lot less stressful.  

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The "no CRT in schools" one is tricky because technically because there is no CRT in schools, a GOPer who wins election can literally doing nothing and then claim they were successful at making sure CRT was banned from schools.

Also they can claim they stopped the FBI from "going after parents" who speak out at school board meetings, because the FBI was never going after parents for speaking out at school board meetings.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Whats the playbook?

If any of us had this answer, I doubt we’d be posting about it on a football message board.

Kinda similar to the answer when people ask, “well how do you think politician X should have fixed problemY?”  I don’t know.  That is why I voted for a person other than me.  To fix **** that I don’t know how to fix.  When it comes time to vote, I don’t care how you really, really tried to fix it but didn’t.  I care that you didn’t fix it.

10 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

This is anecdotal, but the majority of my liberal friends have been completely turned off by the left’s covid mandates. The ones who aren’t voting GOP will not be voting all.  

2 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

This is anecdotal, but the majority of my liberal friends have been completely turned off by the left’s covid mandates. The ones who aren’t voting GOP will not be voting all.  

Well, the problem with this is that most mandates are coming from companies/corporations themselves, not politicians.  Not to mention most polls show a majority of American (not just GOP) supporting these mandates, so your example aside, sometimes we can't draw conclusions based off the outrage portrayed on the TV box.

• Like 1