Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That's crazy.  Better than RG3 on Thanksgiving in Dallas?  

Would be curious to see how they come up with their rating, but whatever it is, it's still really high praise.  

Dude needs to be in competition for QB1 next year.  Take that first rounder, address a position of need or BPA.  Get another good WR.  Let this kid do his thing.

We'd have won 10 games, maybe more with quarterback play like that this year.  

That's also such an indictment of the position for this franchise for years.  We've been in purgatory for decades because of our inability to find even above average talent at the most important position.  There have obviously been some other factors as well, but it's truly remarkable.  

• Like 3

Maybe not at all, but I wonder how much Chase Young's endorsing Heinicke will influence the organization into getting TH signed? Young seems to be a big fan....This feel good story of Washington players and coaches just continues to get better....

Oh, and I wonder if Brandon Scherff will be on the phone telling Trent to get his ass back here to be part of this? 

48 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Chase daniels most recent contract is 3 years 13 mil.  I think a lot of other teams would be hesitant to offer that for TH.  not only due to the small sample size, but then there is always the mystery of how a qb would translate to their scheme / locker room etc.   

But considering how important the qb position is, and how sharp he looked last night, he could be commanding that range.  

I hope we sign him asap, I'll feel a lot better about the position.

3 year, 13M non-gauranteed too much? As a GM, I’d be interested in signing him to something longer and backloaded thats not guaranteed, like 5 year 20M, small signing bonus, with most of the money coming in years 3-5. If he fails, you cut him in year 1 or 2 of the contract. If he continues, you have a cap friendly franchise qb for a 4 to 5 year period. That scenario is how some teams win SBs. 

Edited by markshark84

1 minute ago, markshark84 said:

3 year, 13M non-gauranteed too much? As a GM, I’d be interested in signing him to something longer and backloaded thats not guaranteed, like 5 year 20M with most of the money coming in years 3-5. If he fails, you cut him in year 1 or 2 of the contract. If he continues, you have a cap friendly franchise qb for a 4 to 5 year period. That scenario is how some teams win SBs. 

I'm not saying it's too much, I'm just hoping other teams will be hesitant to offer that for the reasons I mentioned.  I was looking at it from the perspective of how do we win this negotiation.  I'd be happy with 3 yr 13 mil, and I'd also be willing to go for a longer deal too.  I have faith in the guy.  But my hope is other teams aren't comfortable offering that, and TH stays put.  Ideally, we ink TH this week and never find out what other teams are willing to offer.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

This dude is literally one of the most elusive QB's I have ever seen.

That's saying a lot.

Not just the way he runs, breaks tackles, dives airborne.

But the moves he makes in the pocket, are virtually mind-blowing.

Not only that, but he has an excellent balance of arm and legs.

Most QB's who are about that elusive and mobile, can't throw as well as him.

And most QB's who throw as well as him, are not as mobile as him.

It's like the rare total package, of an equally dual threat of run and pass.

And that's not even mentioning his NFL brain.

It's also rare that a guy that is that mentally sharp, is also so physically gifted and athletic.

Yeah he looked  " Kyler Murreyish" out there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

This dude is literally one of the most elusive QB's I have ever seen.

That's saying a lot.

Not just the way he runs, breaks tackles, dives airborne.

But the moves he makes in the pocket, are virtually mind-blowing.

Hate saying it, but this part of his game reminded me of Romo...who was frustratingly brilliant at elusiveness while still in the pocket.

6 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

I'm sorry but the "Heneicke Hive" just sounds gross.  It sounds like a lot of phlegm would be involved. 

Better than the nickname someone gave him on twitter: "Heiney Hole" lol...😐

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

I'm sorry but the "Heneicke Hive" just sounds gross.  It sounds like a lot of phlegm would be involved. 

See maybe that says more about you, because to me, the Heinicke Hive sounds more like a dance move from the 1950s....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KillBill26 said:

I'm not saying it's too much, I'm just hoping other teams will be hesitant to offer that for the reasons I mentioned.  I was looking at it from the perspective of how do we win this negotiation.  I'd be happy with 3 yr 13 mil, and I'd also be willing to go for a longer deal too.  I have faith in the guy.  But my hope is other teams aren't comfortable offering that, and TH stays put.  Ideally, we ink TH this week and never find out what other teams are willing to offer.

The hope I have is that other teams are less inclined to sign him because of his familiarity with Turner’s scheme — and the fact his performance was contributed to that familiarity. If that won’t be the case, the only way we get him at any sort of bargain is if other teams are concerned with his durability and/or TH wants to stay here because he feels Turner’s offense puts him in the best position to succeed. 

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So now it's a hive ?

Does Heinicke sting like a bee ?

Or sweet as honey ?

Or

Is he a Queen Bee who eats the worker bee's eggs or just the worker bee who brings in the honey?

The Heinicke Beer Thread would have worked too or The Cult of Heinicke. :D

Edited by zskins

3 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

If we sign this guy to a backup QB type deal and it turns out he's a franchise QB, we could really build a monstrous roster. It would be such a lucky thing to happen to us. 

Id be happy with him as #2.  Just so long as we’re sold on who our #1 is.  We still have Allen also.

6 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Id be happy with him as #2.  Just so long as we’re sold on who our #1 is.  We still have Allen also.

I would be as well, if anything he's shown he can come in and get the job done against one of the best teams in the NFL with a gimpy McLaurin and Gibson. We had no running game to back him up, it made his game that much more impressive to me. 

It's never a bad thing to have QB depth. I feel like we always have good backup QBs somehow. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

We finally have a QB that actually looks like he can really play, has a tremendous grasp of the offense, is mobile, isn’t scared, seems to be a tremendously bright guy and fans want him to be the backup 🤣 Jesus this fan base has been tortured & abused for too too long 😭 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

We finally have a QB that actually looks like he can really play, has a tremendous grasp of the offense, is mobile, isn’t scared, seems to be a tremendously bright guy and fans want him to be the backup 🤣 Jesus this fan base has been tortured & abused for too too long 😭 

Na, its called being logical and rational. The history of the NFL is filled with stories like Heinecke. Its nice and all, but they almost never last. The league figures you out quick. The best QBs tend to have the strongest pedigrees from the get go.

He COULD end up being a long term starter but there is nothing wrong with "staying medium" and using a level head. You can't let emotions cloud your judgment after just one game albeit a great one in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

It was one game.  Why has it taken him so long to get to this point?

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Na, its called being logical and rational. The history of the NFL is filled with stories like Heinecke. Its nice and all, but they almost never last. The league figures you out quick. The best QBs tend to have the strongest pedigrees from the get go.

He COULD end up being a long term starter but there is nothing wrong with "staying medium" and using a level head. You can't let emotions cloud your judgment after just one game albeit a great one in the playoffs.

Ain’t no emotion involved.  The only logic is to watch what is in front of you and not try to outthink yourself with your past miseries.  

Just now, Vanguard said:

It was one game.  Why has it taken him so long to get to this point?

Because everyone evolves at different rates.  Kurt Warner ring a bell?

Just now, -JB- said:

Ain’t no emotion involved.  The only logic is to watch what is in front of you and not try to outthink yourself with your past miseries.  

Agreed wholeheartedly. The only doubt people should have is the sustainability of his tough as nails play. That performance alone makes him my favorite Redskins after only Sean Taylor. Call me insane I don’t care. I have faith in this kid. Build the D, improve his weapons, and let’s rock.