Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

6 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I think people say QB X beat QB Y are saying this from a statistical point of view. Because obviously, they aren't on the field at the same time and are not facing each other.

It's more and more due to the fact that the NFL wants to make it a QB game where those guys are the face of the game, when in fact, there's so much more to it than those guys that are just distributing the ball left and right...

Last year SB was about Mahomes vs Brady, well, this is not Tennis...

Somehow I hate it too when the NFL, fans and media are reducting this game to just 2 guys when Football is probably the most complete team sport ever. You just can't have Offense or Defense, you need to be competitive everywhere.

Yeah, I understand where it comes from. It's a QB league, and the QBs are the "faces" of the teams. Plus, it's also something "clickbait-y" that can get their articles hits.

Again, this has nothing to do with TH. If Tampa beat us and people said "Tom Brady beat Taylor Heinicke" I'd say the same thing: "That's stupid, no he didn't. QBs don't play each other."

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah, I understand where it comes from. It's a QB league, and the QBs are the "faces" of the teams. Plus, it's also something "clickbait-y" that can get their articles hits.

Again, this has nothing to do with TH. If Tampa beat us and people said "Tom Brady beat Taylor Heinicke" I'd say the same thing: "That's stupid, no he didn't. QBs don't play each other."

I know. We're kinda on the same boat here.

Still, I would love to see Heinicke beat Brady....

in a MMA cage!

2 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I know. We're kinda on the same boat here.

Still, I would love to see Heinicke beat Brady....

in a MMA cage!

The NFL should institute a mandatory league-wide Thumb War between opposing QBs prior to the start of every game.

• Haha 2

WFT 29 – Bucs 19

Heinicke 110.4 passer rating

Brady 80.5 passer rating

WFT 27 – Panthers 21

Heinicke 141.3 passer rating

Newton 120.5 passer rating

WFT 17- Seahawks 15

Heinicke 90.5 passer rating

Wilson 110.6 passer rating

WFT 17 – Raiders 15

Heinicke 101.5 passer rating

Carr 90.8 passer rating

During this four-game period, the WFT offense scored an average of 22.5 points while the WFT’s defense held the opposing teams to an average of 17.5 points.

During this four-game period, where the WFT won all four games, Heinicke’s passer rating was better than the opposing QBs’ passer ratings in three of the four games. Heinicke’s average passer rating over the four games was 110.9. The aggregate passer rating of the four opposing quarterbacks was 100.6

In three of the four wins, Heinicke’s passing performance against the opposing team’s defense was better than the passing performances of the opposing teams’ QBs against the WFT defense. Further, his average passing performance over that period was better than the aggregate performance of the opposing teams QBs’ performances.

So, while obviously, the WFT defense was crucial to the four-game winning streak, it is also readily apparent that the play and leadership of WFT quarterback, Taylor Heinicke, was also a key element of the Team’s offensive success. Let’s hope that both sides of the ball maintain this level of play over the next five games.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, ODU AGGIE said:

During this four-game period, where the WFT won all four games, Heinicke’s passer rating was better than the opposing QBs’ passer ratings in three of the four games. Heinicke’s average passer rating over the four games was 110.9. The aggregate passer rating of the four opposing quarterbacks was 100.6

The sheer fact Wilson had a 110 rating in that debacle shows just how flawed that stat is.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

If we make it to the playoffs this year, that means for 2 seasons in a row, we'll without a doubt have the best QB Story of the season for the last 2 years.

With QB's that almost everyone counted out as done in the NFL, for varying reasons, who both led crazy comebacks and turnarounds mid-season to make the playoffs.

Last year, virtually everyone considered Alex Smith's career done, not just with his health issues. But we started 2-7 on top of that. And he goes on a 4 game win streak, to lead us to the playoffs.

This year, it's Taylor Heinicke, who most people never saw as a starting QB in the NFL, especially after the Fitzpatrick signing, and again, we start out poorly at 2-6, but again win 4 games in a row. We just have to finish what we started (mid-season that is) and we'll have 2 crazy mid-season comebacks to make the playoffs, by the least likely of QB's.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If we make it to the playoffs this year, that means for 2 seasons in a row, we'll without a doubt have the best QB Story of the season for the last 2 years.

With QB's that almost everyone counted out as done in the NFL, for varying reasons, who both led crazy comebacks and turnarounds mid-season to make the playoffs.

Last year, virtually everyone considered Alex Smith's career done, not just with his health issues. But we started 2-7 on top of that. And he goes on a 4 game win streak, to lead us to the playoffs.

This year, it's Taylor Heinicke, who most people never saw as a starting QB in the NFL, especially after the Fitzpatrick signing, and again, we start out poorly at 2-6, but again win 4 games in a row. We just have to finish what we started (mid-season that is) and we'll have 2 crazy mid-season comebacks to make the playoffs, by the least likely of QB's.

There's been nothing least likely about this year to me -- but then, you already knew that didn't you? Hey, I'm enjoying it immensely and hope everyone else is also. Cheers, all!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

There's been nothing least likely about this year to me -- but then, you already knew that didn't you?

Right, to me it was not unlikely.

To me, I could see right away from the Tampa playoff game (as well as his regular season action), that while he may not have had an NFL arm, he did have NFL talent overall.

He compensated for the arm in other ways. It was the combination of those 2 games, plus the research I did on him.

I've been watching football for long enough, that I can gauge pretty well from a small window, whether or not a player has NFL talent, or if he's just a flash in the pan.

I never saw him as a flash in the pan.

I knew that his "small sample size" would eventually become a Large Sample Size. I'm no NFL scout. But for a fan, I think I have a pretty good feel for what player's potential is.

And I don't just base it on stats. I look at intangibles as well.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, ODU AGGIE said:

There's been nothing least likely about this year to me -- but then, you already knew that didn't you? Hey, I'm enjoying it immensely and hope everyone else is also. Cheers, all!

So what you’re saying is you objectively evaluated Taylor Heinicke coming out of college and according to that evaluation decided he’ll be a high level NFL starter? Or is it when he was out of the league for a couple of seasons and was signed off the street as a last resort that you thought he’ll likely be a high level NFL starter? 

When you watch the Baldys video (or any game film breakdown on TH’s passes over the past 4 games), it’s evident that the speed of the game has slowed down for Taylor.

for Aggie and me, we saw how TH mastered this at the FCS level as a true freshman who stepped in for an injured starter and went on to pass for 14,950 yards in college.

he’s figured this out at the pro-level and we’ll see if he can get the win that means everything to us… beating Dallass 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

When you watch the Baldys video (or any game film breakdown on TH’s passes over the past 4 games), it’s evident that the speed of the game has slowed down for Taylor.

for Aggie and me, we saw how TH mastered this at the FCS level as a true freshman who stepped in for an injured starter and went on to pass for 14,950 yards in college.

he’s figured this out at the pro-level and we’ll see if he can get the win that means everything to us… beating Dallass 

Realizing it’s unfair to him, if TH beats Dallas this week (obviously he’d need to get a lot of help from his supporting cast), I’d change my tune on him.  Right now I see him as a viable, mid-tier starter that I still want to try to find an upgrade for.  If he gets this win, I’m going to start believing there isn’t anyone he can’t beat and we need to add pieces to the team and give him a chance to be the guy.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Berggy9598 said:

So what you’re saying is you objectively evaluated Taylor Heinicke coming out of college and according to that evaluation decided he’ll be a high level NFL starter? Or is it when he was out of the league for a couple of seasons and was signed off the street as a last resort that you thought he’ll likely be a high level NFL starter? 

Berggy Boy, regardless of which of your two interpretations one might choose,  those are all your words  -- not mine. What I meant is what I wrote, and what I wrote is what I meant -- nothing more and nothing less.  However, if you need an interpretation, try this version. "Nothing he has done this year has been a surprise to me. But every regular poster in this thread likely already knows that I am a huge fan of Taylor Heinicke. I hope everyone else has enjoyed this four-game winning streak as much as I have. Here's mud in your eye." I hope that helped. Cheers!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Realizing it’s unfair to him, if TH beats Dallas this week (obviously he’d need to get a lot of help from his supporting cast), I’d change my tune on him.  Right now I see him as a viable, mid-tier starter that I still want to try to find an upgrade for.  If he gets this win, I’m going to start believing there isn’t anyone he can’t beat and we need to add pieces to the team and give him a chance to be the guy.

Welcome…

image.thumb.jpeg.6861cafa2d5b81a9d5fc3133eb122e32.jpegimage.png.6403e4441cd685b5307a7c0204be7d76.png

Edited by Stefanskins
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Technically this means we also had the best QB Story of the season in 2019 lol...

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Some of you here make it so goddamn hard to root for him.

Nobody here has made it even remotely hard for me to root for him. I can't even process that mentality.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, ODU AGGIE said:

Berggy Boy, regardless of which of your two interpretations one might choose,  those are all your words  -- not mine. What I meant is what I wrote, and what I wrote is what I meant -- nothing more and nothing less.  However, if you need an interpretation, try this version. "Nothing he has done this year has been a surprise to me. But every regular poster in this thread likely already knows that I am a huge fan of Taylor Heinicke. I hope everyone else has enjoyed this four-game winning streak as much as I have. Here's mud in your eye." I hope that helped. Cheers!

So you’re rooting for him and because he’s doing well you can say you knew it all along, even though logically speaking nobody could have conceived he’d be doing as well as he is. Got it. 

1 hour ago, Berggy9598 said:

So you’re rooting for him and because he’s doing well you can say you knew it all along, even though logically speaking nobody could have conceived he’d be doing as well as he is. Got it. 

ob·tuse
/əbˈt(y)o͞os,äbˈt(y)o͞os/
annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.
  1. "he wondered if the doctor was being deliberately obtuse"

Similar: stupid dull slow-witted slow dull-witted unintelligent witless

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Nobody here has made it even remotely hard for me to root for him. I can't even process that mentality.

I get what you both mean.

There's nothing not to like about Taylor as a player so why wouldn't I root for him?  But at the same time, some folks exaggerate so much it's eye-roll worthy.  So it's not so much hard to root for Taylor, but hard to take some of the 'extra' folks seriously.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 4

Here's a look at How Heinicke has distributed the ball across our season

WR       TE       RB

Week 13 (W) (10, 71) (6, 90) (7, 35)

Week 12 (W) (11, 116) (4, 46) (12, 61)

Week 11 (W) (12, 179) (3, 23)(0, 0)

Week 10 (W) (14, 152) (6, 55) (6, 49)

Week 8 (L) (10, 151) (3, 16) (11, 103)

Week 7 (L) (13, 178) (6, 51) (6, 39)

Week 6 (L) (8, 54) (5, 65) (11, 63)

Week 5 (L) (12, 187) (5, 41) (3, 20)

Week 4 (W) (13, 204) (2, 19) (7, 56)

Week 3 (L) (6, 84) (4, 42) (3, 88)

Week 2 (W) (21, 185) (6, 64) (6, 87)

Week 1 (L) (8, 87) (3, 30) (3, 18) * 

*Not all stats for this week are stats of passes from Taylor Heinicke. 

So what does all this mean? I think that a key thing to Turner's offense and Heinicke's execution of Turner's offense (aside from ball control) is the idea of balance / unpredictability. Unless we have a situation like week 11, we're seeing a good distribution between the position groups and this is with and without key cogs in the wheel (Samuel, Thomas, JDM). We've seen the emergence of RSJ and now Bates help with the TE position. We've seen Carter and Humphres really help out a WR position that wasn't getting what was expected from Brown and Samuel. And what I was surprised by in this analysis is that we have seen a lot more of Gibson in the passing game. His number of catches has gone like this (3, 2, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 2, 0, 7, 5). Thats nothing spectacular but we can see him being more involved in the passing game. I'm not sure if that's just as an emergency outlet or running designed routes but it does help with the reduced role of JDM. 

• Like 3

TH is just a gamer. He has the X-factor to win big games. Maybe he doesn't have all the talent to win a Super Bowl, but he is fun to watch.

Guys like Cousins never had the X-factor. He probably never win much because of that. Cousins tried his hardest to give the Steelers the win last night. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

48 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I get what you both mean.

There's nothing not to like about Taylor as a player so why wouldn't I root for him?  But at the same time, some folks exaggerate so much it's eye-roll worthy.  So it's not so much hard to root for Taylor, but hard to take some of the 'extra' folks seriously.

If you or the other guy were saying some people make it hard to come onto this thread, I'd at least understand that sentiment...but rooting for the player? All that requires is that he's on the team and he's not a complete douchebag lol. If we're winning and the player is playing well and contributing significantly to the wins, none of y'all mfers ever enter into the equation lol...

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:
ob·tuse
/əbˈt(y)o͞os,äbˈt(y)o͞os/
annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.
  1. "he wondered if the doctor was being deliberately obtuse"

Similar: stupid dull slow-witted slow dull-witted unintelligent witless

To be fair, you did basically disappear from this thread when Heinicke was struggling earlier in the season. You seemed to re-appear after he found his groove again.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Pick6 said:

TH is just a gamer. He has the X-factor to win big games. Maybe he doesn't have all the talent to win a Super Bowl, but he is fun to watch.

Guys like Cousins never had the X-factor. He probably never win much because of that. Cousins tried his hardest to give the Steelers the win last night. 

Pretty much. Taylor's play can be heart attack inducing at times but he definitely has that X-Factor you allude to.