Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

15 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

They kept us in the game while Dak and Elliot for the most part played like crap.  We want to call it good, sure maybe, Dallas defense played better.  If are to expect Taylor to play better next game in Dallas, have to expect Dak will, too, they both did a lot of dumb **** today, more then usual.

They held a big time offense that was averaging 30 points per game to 20 (obviously the fumble TD recovery doesn't count against them). On multiple drives they also stalled Dallas in the red zone and forced a FG. The defense wasn't elite or anything, but they absolutely did their part. Our offense was just borderline unwatchable for multiple reasons.

As far as TH, I agree with others. No reason to bench him now. Let him play the rest of the season to see how he responds. He had a really bad game today, but there's always a chance he can bounce back. I think he's earned the chance to try.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

I mean I hope you stretched before those mental gymnastics. 

Maybe I'm jus bitter Dallas defense made more plays then ours and essentially win the game for them that makes it hard for me to say our defense played good with 27 points on the board.

21 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Taylor had the 4th string center pushed into him on the play he got hurt, after Terry was hurt and at some point even Gibson got benched. 

We can debate what got us to that point, fine with that, but let's keep all our cards on the table for why we lost this game. 

Including Rivera not having us ready to play.  Everything went wrong today, have to see if we rebound or not.

Sorry my friend but if you need the HC to get you motivated for this game or/and you need to understand your job better at week 14? That's on the player not the HC. 

D played well enough to win. Even game the off a short field early and they gave it right back. No off until the middle of the 3rd Q and it was 24-0 by then. 

The offense is what went wrong today - 100%, They got punched in the mouth early and never recovered. Taylor was rattled and undecisive all game. His floating balls got knocked all around. They could have had 5 or 6 picks today and they still sacked him what 7 or 8 times? He was holding the ball too long. Game plan on offence could have been better but they were going with what brung them. 

Having said that, not sure why Samuel is on the field if you are not going to use him. Also, gibson is not a bell cow back. Should have let Patterson play more. And where was the FB? And why not feature Humphries in some more routes? All he runs is the drag routes and quick outs. 

Need to shake this one off and come out swinging next week against Philly. It's basically for a PO spot. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Maybe I'm jus bitter Dallas defense made more plays then ours and essentially win the game for them that makes it hard for me to say our defense played good with 27 points on the board.

The offense gave them 10. D hled Dallas to 3 pts in the second half. Gave the off a short field in the 1st half only to see it given right back with no score. The was on the offense 100%. D played well enoguh to win. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Sorry my friend but if you need the HC to get you motivated for this game or/and you need to understand your job better at week 14? That's on the player not the HC. 

Amigo, its his job to make sure they are prepared to play, did they look prepared to you?  Dallas rally around their head coach this week and ours said dont worry about it, not a fan of how this week was handled given we didn't look ready to play or match Dallas intensity. That is on the head coach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Hey, im saying the whole team contributed to the loss, defense included, im mad at everyone, if you want to defend the defense go for it, we still lost.

With average QB play we probably win. The defense held up its end of the bargain even with 90% of the entire DE room out. 

• Like 3

Just now, Berggy9598 said:

With average QB play we probably win. The defense held up its end of the bargain even with 90% of the entire DE room out. 

When our D has held the opponent to less than 20 we have won. We could have won today too if that was the case. How many points did the D give up before the half? Even if your O was not producing neither was our D trying to hold them to just 3 or 0. 

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

The offense gave them 10. D hled Dallas to 3 pts in the second half. Gave the off a short field in the 1st half only to see it given right back with no score. The was on the offense 100%. D played well enoguh to win. 

Well enough to win, I can live with that, but we lost, so im not calling them good.  That dropped int in the beginning of the game and penalty to give chance to move to 11-0 nothing come to mind.

Taylor threw off his back foot way too much today. Sure he was under constant pressure but he needs to get that corrected right away. I would have loved to see Scott call some bootlegs to get him out of the pocket. Dallas just reared back and went right at him. Not making excuses but he literally had zero time on just about every drop back. 

Allen at least has a pro arm and can see over the line to make the throws. I’m kinda torn on whether to play Heinicke as we still have a shot at the playoffs or play Allen to see what he can do. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Amigo, its his job to make sure they are prepared to play, did they look prepared to you?  Dallas rally around their head coach this week and ours said dont worry about it, not a fan of how this week was handled given we didn't look ready to play or match Dallas intensity. That is on the head coach.

I was not being snarky when I said friend. I apologize if it sounded snarky. I would appreciate you also leaving the snark out. 

The D was ready the STs was ready. The offense was not. That is more on Scott Turner if you want to blame a coach. And NO it's not on the coach to get them ready. It's on the millionaire players who actually play on the field. Do you think he did anything different today than the last 4 weeks? The difference was the offensive side of the ball. You can try to put it on the rest of the team but that's just not accurate. As I said D held them to 3 pts in the 2nd half and giving the offense a short field when only down 3. Off scored 0 pts in the first half. That is NOT on the D. 

In fairness to both I think in many ways the many injuries finally caught up. But Taylor had a chance to put the team on his back today and he did not. Doesn't mean he can't. I am hoping he learns from this and next time takes better advantage. But today he was not good, nor was the rest of the offense.  

41 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I think there is a QB1 in this draft.  There always is, and they don’t always go early.  We just have to make a smart pick.  But it’s easier said than done.  

I actually think this draft is pretty deep with QB1's. Maybe not superstars. But a lot of starting level QB's.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

I dont want to hear about giving the defense a pass concerning injuries considering the injuries on offense. 

I started my comments in this thread on the 4th string center being pushed into Heineke, total team loss up and down the board for multiple reasons.

I'm too angry to give the defense a pass like they had no part in this.  That doesn't mean Taylor had a good game, we talking about too different things here.

1 minute ago, zskins said:

When our D has held the opponent to less than 20 we have won. We could have won today too if that was the case. How many points did the D give up before the half? Even if your O was not producing neither was our D trying to hold them to just 3 or 0. 

Let's examine this shall we. 

Here are Dallas' season averages:

YPG - 426

Passing YPG - 287.3

PPG - 29.3

Yards Per Pass Attempt 7.7

Here are Dallas' numbers today:

Total Yards - 323

Passing yards - 201

Yards per pass attempt - 4.7

Points - 27

Yards per play - 4.1

Red zone TD per attempt - 1-6

Time of possession despite all this 34:29-25:31 in favor of Dallas. You have no argument here. You are objectively wrong. 

• Like 1

I think the short time Kyle Allen was in the game, and the eye brows it raised wasn't so much about people trying to say how great Kyle Allen is, and more about what it looks like when your passing game isn't limited due to the physical abilities of the QB.  For all we know if Kyle Allen played the entire game he ends up with 3 INT and they lose the game anyway.  This isn't really about how good Kyle Allen is or isn't, and more about the types of things Heinicke can't do and why it matters when the team is trying to get to the next level.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I dont want to hear about giving the defense a pass concerning injuries considering the injuries on offense. 

I started my comments in this thread on the 4th string center being pushed into Heineke, total team loss up and down the board for multiple reasons.

I'm too angry to give the defense a pass like they had no part in this.  That doesn't mean Taylor had a good game, we talking about too different things here.

The defense had an excellent game today. They were on the field the entire game and barely gave up ****. Hell, the defense outscored Dallas in the second half.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Dallas' offense was held under season average in almost every statistical category despite having the ball 35 minutes to 24. You're angry, but you are also factually incorrect. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I was not being snarky when I said friend. I apologize if it sounded snarky. I would appreciate you also leaving the snark out. 

Its not snark, I meant that in a good way, even if we disagree.  Ill get back to you on the rest, I need to calm down first. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Berggy9598 said:

Let's examine this shall we. 

Here are Dallas' season averages:

YPG - 426

Passing YPG - 287.3

PPG - 29.3

Yards Per Pass Attempt 7.7

Here are Dallas' numbers today:

Total Yards - 323

Passing yards - 201

Yards per pass attempt - 4.7

Points - 27

Yards per play - 4.1

Red zone TD per attempt - 1-6

Time of possession despite all this 34:29-25:31 in favor of Dallas. You have no argument here. You are objectively wrong. 

I'd also note that IMO it should be 20 points in there instead of 27, if we're talking about points allowed by the defense. The sack-fumble-TD shouldn't count against them.

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Well enough to win, I can live with that, but we lost, so im not calling them good.  That dropped int in the beginning of the game and penalty to give chance to move to 11-0 nothing come to mind.

But they did get and interception when the score was 3-0. Then gave it right back deep in our side giving them a short field. Now th D gave up a TD so that's on them. But Offence had a chance to score before it went to 11-0. 

13 minutes ago, zskins said:

D did hold them to less than 20 - Offense gave them 10 pts - a TD and a TO so deep the D did good to hold them to a FG. But if you expect the D to always hold teams to under 20 you will lose a lot. I said before this game we needed to score 20 to 30 to win. I was right on that. But we did not - 0 pts in the 1st half.