Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

Just now, mistertim said:

I'd also note that IMO it should be 20 points in there instead of 27, if we're talking about points allowed by the defense. The sack-fumble-TD shouldn't count against them.

I think the stats on ESPN account for overall team points, but even when left as is they were held under their season average. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Let's examine this shall we. 

Here are Dallas' season averages:

YPG - 426

Passing YPG - 287.3

PPG - 29.3

Yards Per Pass Attempt 7.7

Here are Dallas' numbers today:

Total Yards - 323

Passing yards - 201

Yards per pass attempt - 4.7

Points - 27

Yards per play - 4.1

Red zone TD per attempt - 1-6

Time of possession despite all this 34:29-25:31 in favor of Dallas. You have no argument here. You are objectively wrong. 

Did Dallas score more than 20 points? Check. That is all that matter. Move along. Noting else to talk about here. 

• Haha 1

i heard the bat-signal go off indicating that an emotionally vulnerable poster was brutally victimized by a snark-wielding delinquent

are we nothing but animals now?

we've lost ugly before---it's who we are!

we can't let that drive us to loser on loser violence

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

I think the stats on ESPN account for overall team points, but even when left as is they were held under their season average. 

Yeah true. I was just saying that our defense actually held them to 20...which is very impressive, especially considering the huge TOP disparity. Our defense was not the problem today by any means.

• Like 3

Just now, zskins said:

Did Dallas score more than 20 points? Check. That is all that matter. Move along. Noting else to talk about here. 

The only players Heinicke threw an accurate pass to today were on the cowboys. Pretty sure he had an equal amount of receptions for both teams after throwing about 12 passes. He holds the ball too long, can't make a quick read and the Oline and run game couldn't save him today and you want to talk about the defense doing more? You've got your head so far up the Heini hole it's borederline hero worship and for no other reason than how starved we are for an NFL QB.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

The Dallas offense scored 20 points. Is this seriously the hill you're trying to die on? One of the most potent offenses in the NFL, and our defense held them to 20 points. The defense did its job. The offense was a putrid mess.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zskins said:

When one side of an argument (you) engages in blatant and poorly disguised intellectual dishonesty, there really is nothing to talk to talk about. You're suggesting the defense be held accountable for points scored when they were on the sideline ffs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

The Dallas offense scored 20 points. Is this seriously the hill you're trying to die on? One of the most potent offenses in the NFL, and our defense held them to 20 points. The defense did its job. The offense was a putrid mess.

The 1st half bothered me too much and how our D couldn't' do anything. 

5 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

When one side of an argument (you) engages in blatant and poorly disguised intellectual dishonesty, there really is nothing to talk to talk about. You're suggesting the defense be held accountable for points scored when they were on the sideline ffs. 

See my point above. Yes our O was really bad. Now you have my other side of the story as well. 

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

At the end of the day, QB1 has to step up and play big in big games.

He didn’t pass the test today.

He had two rough outings in a row. I think we can blame that partly on the oline. Playing with the fourth string center and a back up tackle ain't easy. Plus, losing McKissic is losing his safety blanket. McKissic for the 'skins is like a tight end for most teams. The receiver drops didn't help either. Still, Heinike has to do better if he wants to be the long term guy.

His accuracy has failed him two games in a row. Against the Raiders, he was high and outside. Today, he just sprayed the balls around. His receivers also dropped a few on him, but Taylor was a major problem today.

11 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm not worried about his injury either.

I don't know. Heinike's weakness is arm strength. A weak QB needs his legs to generate power.

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

He had two rough outings in a row. I think we can blame that partly on the oline. Playing with the fourth string center and a back up tackle ain't easy. Plus, losing McKissic is losing his safety blanket. McKissic for the 'skins is like a tight end for most teams. The receiver drops didn't help either. Still, Heinike has to do better if he wants to be the long term guy.

His accuracy has failed him two games in a row. Against the Raiders, he was high and outside. Today, he just sprayed the balls around. His receivers also dropped a few on him, but Taylor was a major problem today.

I don't know. Heinike's weakness is arm strength. A weak QB needs his legs to generate power.

I'm not worried about it, because I want Allen to start.

I'd say the biggest issue with TH now is that we are seeing a pattern of how/when he struggles, and more teams will turn to those methods against him to force him to do things he either can't do is unwilling to risk doing.  You can't just resign to the fact that your starting QB is going to be mediocre against man coverage.  That can't be a thing.  It doesn't mean you have to make a change now, but in context to the wider discussion of whether TH is a viable starting option beyond 2021.    

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

I'd say the biggest issue with TH now is that we are seeing a pattern of how/when he struggles, and more teams will turn to those methods against him to force him to do things he either can't do is unwilling to risk doing.  You can't just resign to the fact that your starting QB is going to be mediocre against man coverage.  That can't be a thing.  It doesn't mean you have to make a change now, but in context to the wider discussion of whether TH is a viable starting option beyond 2021.    

Well not all teams can play that style effectively.

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Heinicke's physical limitations are pretty clear, but I think he's earned the right to start the rest of the season. 

Why? The Eagles are gonna do same exact thing to him that Dallas did..He can't make the tight window throws,He hold the damn ball too long..Receivers are getting open ,But his arm is so weak that by the time the ball gets there the DB has recovered an contest the the catch.

2 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Why? The Eagles are gonna do same exact thing to him that Dallas did..He can't make the tight window throws,He hold the damn ball too long..Receivers are getting open ,But his arm is so weak that by the time the ball gets there the DB has recovered an contest the the catch.

If we had some talented but raw rookie waiting in the wings or a vet who's a clear upgrade I'd say sure. But we don't. We have Kyle Allen who's also completely mediocre. Yes, he can make some throws that Heinicke can't but I don't think he's really an upgrade overall, because Heinicke does seem to have that clutch gene that comes through at times.

I also feel like Heinicke just deserves the chance since he's played above expectations so far and he's always been a bit of an underdog. Just give him the season. Let's see how well he can shake off this performance. 

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

If we had some talented but raw rookie waiting in the wings or a vet who's a clear upgrade I'd say sure. But we don't. We have Kyle Allen who's also completely mediocre. Yes, he can make some throws that Heinicke can't but I don't think he's really an upgrade overall, because Heinicke does seem to have that clutch gene that comes through at times.

I also feel like Heinicke just deserves the chance since he's played above expectations so far and he's always been a bit of an underdog. Just give him the season. Let's see how well he can shake off this performance. 

Fair enough,But he cannot be the starter next year..He has heart,But just dosen't have the arm to be a starter.

Edited by bh32

12 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Do they play that style of defense? Slay is a good corner but McLaurin has lit him up in the past. I don't think they have much else in the secondary after that. Not every team can play tight man coverage and then blitz.