Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Since it was reported that women got the blood clots, I wonder if they are on birth control pills. Those female hormone birth control products can cause blood clots and maybe combined with the J&J vaccine, it was an increased risk.

Women are always ruining it for men!!

Was actually able to get a haircut after cutting my own hair for a year. Good decision by me to keep cutting my own hair cause only one barber was wearing a mask. At this point if I'm one of the 0.008 who gets covid after being fully vaccinated then it was meant to be.

• Like 1

States see rise in unused vaccines as demand flattens, shifting focus to hesitancy

In the beginning, there were tens of thousands of calls for coronavirus vaccination slots.

The residents trying to make appointments at the Kanawha-Charleston Health Department in January overtaxed the rural West Virginia community’s telephone provider, causing a temporary system outage.

“No amount of phone capability was going to match the public’s demand,” Dr. Sherri Young, the county’s health officer, said.

But over the last few weeks, she’s seen a shift. The clinic still vaccinates up to 100 people per day, but the center’s waitlist has shortened. The number of no-shows at an April 10 drive-thru clinic was the highest the department had seen.

Now, Young said, “you almost have to reach out to get appointments.”

West Virginia, the first state in the nation to widely vaccinate residents of long-term care facilities, is now among the first to confront the question of what happens when demand begins to taper off.

Click on the link for the full article

1 minute ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

So why is the covid rate still so high? I would have expected it to start the downward trend the past couple weeks considering all the people that have previously gotten it?

Too many people mistaking light at the end of the tunnel for being out of the tunnel.  We are making good progress towards vaccination rate necessary for something resembling herd immunity.  We are simply not there yet and won't be for several more months (and quite frankly, considering how virulent this virus is, I wonder how confident the experts can be when it comes to requisite percentage necessary for herd immunity against covid.  Hopefully 70%?   But perhaps it might be higher?)

Also, I think one of the reason is that the variant is more susceptible to spread among younger people.  With youth sports reopening (mistake imo) and people more susceptible to lax behavior, we are wiping out the progress we would've seen with the vaccine.

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/05/984353172/despite-increased-vaccinations-covid-19-cases-remain-high

KING: What's going on in these 20 states?

AUBREY: You know, the virus is still circulating widely at a time when only about 23% of the adult population across the country is fully vaccinated. The good news is that the pace of vaccinations has really picked up - the supply, too. The CDC says 208 million doses of the vaccine have been delivered. But bottom line, Noel, states have loosened restrictions. People are out and about. I mean, most older people are now protected. More than 75% of people 65 and up have received at least one dose of the vaccine. But millions of younger people are still vulnerable to the virus.

Here's former FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, who spoke on CBS yesterday.

(SOUNDBITE OF CBS BROADCAST)

SCOTT GOTTLIEB: What we're seeing is pockets of infection around the country, particularly in younger people who haven't been vaccinated and also in school-aged children. If you look at what's happening in Michigan and Minnesota and Massachusetts, for example, the infection is changing its contours in terms of who is being stricken by it right now.

(SOUNDBITE OF TV SHOW, "MEET THE PRESS")

MICHAEL OSTERHOLM: We're now, I think, in that cycle where the upper Midwest is just now beginning to start this fourth surge. And I think it was a wake-up call to everyone yesterday when Michigan reported out 8,400 new cases. And we're now seeing increasing number of severe illnesses, ICU hospitalizations, in individuals who are between 30 and 50 years of age who have not been vaccinated.

AUBREY: So this is just really a reality check, Noel. The pandemic is not over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

So why is the covid rate still so high? I would have expected it to start the downward trend the past couple weeks considering all the people that have previously gotten it?

We're at 40% of the population, it's very possible once we hit 50% you'll start seeing declining numbers at least in some regions. The UK's numbers are dropping because they are holding back second doses to get more of a wall up in general. Many public health experts here think that was the right call, others disagree.

33 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Has this been confirmed?  Last I knew, they just didn't know if it would happen and wanted to stay on the safe side.

I believe there has been some longterm data from Pfizer and Moderna that indicated they reduced transmission of the virus by 90 or 95%. But not 100%. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Media lies and Biden misleading the public. Covid is just another liberal ploy to take all our guns, just like when Michael Jackson was touching kids.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I believe there has been some longterm data from Pfizer and Moderna that indicated they reduced transmission of the virus by 90 or 95%. But not 100%. 

Well that's much better than the reduction of transmission when both parties are wearing a mask.  I think only surgical/cloth double-masking of both parties (which few people are doing) reduces transmission more.

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else noticed that people are starting to not wear their masks in stores? I had this conversation with my friend, she noticed it as well. Of course, the people not wearing their masks look like they would be those MAGA types. Do they not care anymore? Do they think its over? Do they honestly think that other people would look at them and think they've been vaccinated?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else noticed that people are starting to not wear their masks in stores? I had this conversation with my friend, she noticed it as well. Of course, the people not wearing their masks look like they would be those MAGA types. Do they not care anymore? Do they think its over? Do they honestly think that other people would look at them and think they've been vaccinated?

The MAGAts never cared.  They keep trying to get away with not wearing masks or wearing it beneath their noses or under their chins.  The difference probably comes in how often then get called out on it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

The MAGAts never cared.  They keep trying to get away with not wearing masks or wearing it beneath their noses or under their chins.  The difference probably comes in how often then get called out on it.

If I had to guess, I would say some of the people had a look of shame or embarrassment when people noticed they weren't wearing a mask. Perhaps they WERE waiting to get called out on it?

• Like 1