Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

My friends wife, early 30's with no pre-existing conditions, fully vaccinated and boostered.  Woke up Monday feeling awful, got tested, came back positive for Covid yesterday.  Can barely stand up in the shower this morning.  Has been feeling terrible since Monday.

She's the first person that I personally know who has been vaccinated, boostered, contracted Covid and had anything beyond mild symptoms.  

• Sad 3

What’s not helping is the numerous reports of clinics giving the wrong vaccines to children. Feels like a daily occurrence on wtop

a place in Loudoun decided to take adult vaccines and break them out into child size doses. They measured it correctly based on the specs of the two doses but what they didn’t know is that the makeup of the vaccine is such that doing this ensures you cannot guarantee anyone got the appropriate amount t of the part that matters - so now all those kids have been told by the health department that, consult with your pediatrician, but you need to wait a few weeks and start the entire process over. 

fairfax county had a place just flat out give them adult vaccines I believe. As did a place in Montgomery county. 

they’re color coded. One is purple one is orange. So you don’t do this crap. Yet it’s happening.

And at what point is a medical staff member not being vaccinated professional negligence if a patient catches the virus from a visit to your facility?

Should insurers deny the medical provider liability coverage?

Edited by Corcaigh

37 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

And at what point is a medical not being vaccinated professional negligence if a patient catches the virus from a visit to your facility?

Should insurers deny the medical provider liability coverage?

I'm sure this will be litigated, but unfortunately it is likely that the owner of the facility gets sued into the ground, not the individual who chose not to get vaccinated, unless it is in a state that expressly prohibits mandates. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Considering anyone, vaccinated or not, can be contagious if they are positive for Covid - wouldn't that poke holes in any litigation?

Maybe, but that's why it needs to be litigated; to see what constitutes negligence and avoidable harm, and who can be held liable. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Considering anyone, vaccinated or not, can be contagious if they are positive for Covid - wouldn't that poke holes in any litigation?

And a sober surgeon can make mistakes. But that doesn't mean operating when drunk is OK.

48 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'm sure this will be litigated, but unfortunately it is likely that the owner of the facility gets sued into the ground, not the individual who chose not to get vaccinated, unless it is in a state that expressly prohibits mandates. 

We have seen vast numbers of people who were not vaccinated suddenly change their minds when their employer said it was a condition of employment. Operating a medical facility with staff who you know present a greater risk to your patients seems risky in litigious America. 

Maybe there can't be a mandate but could there be a requirement for a public health notice posted on every establishment stating that "not all our employees are vaccinated and you enter at your own risk."

Edited by Corcaigh

Nowhere near as bad as an actual error that thsile is talking about, but when I got my booster I turned up and was offered all three (I'd assumed from the notification that as a J&J I would get another of the same), and when I asked is there any data on which one I might favor, the nurse said no. No articles I could look at to make my own choice. So much for making an informed decision.

I took the J&J booster because I had minimal negative reaction the prior time but might have been nice to have some data, even if preliminary.

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

My point is that more or less, how do you prove, how someone contacted covid - considering they can contact it from anyone vaccinated or not, anywhere?

Maybe you can't. So the alternative is to have the local health department require a sign to be posted. How would you feel about visiting a restaurant that posted a sign "We don't require our employees to practice basic hygiene. Good luck!" :ols:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

My friends wife, early 30's with no pre-existing conditions, fully vaccinated and boostered.  Woke up Monday feeling awful, got tested, came back positive for Covid yesterday.  Can barely stand up in the shower this morning.  Has been feeling terrible since Monday.

She's the first person that I personally know who has been vaccinated, boostered, contracted Covid and had anything beyond mild symptoms.  

That would probably count as mild medically if she does not require oxygen or anything on that level. But I hope she feels better soon.

18 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

That would probably count as mild medically if she does not require oxygen or anything on that level. But I hope she feels better soon.

Technically, I guess that's the case, but everyone I've heard from/of who is vaccinated and caught covid afterwards, hasn't been impacted much and didn't last long at all.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Technically, I guess that's the case, but everyone I've heard from/of who is vaccinated and caught covid afterwards, hasn't been impacted much and didn't last long at all.

Depending on your immune system, how much of an infectious dose you got, how far out from your initial two doses you are etc. you can have a pretty miserable experience iwth breakthrough infections and of course some people still won't make it- especially older and immune compromised.

But in this case, had she not been vaccinated it likely would have been really really bad. I'll take serious fatigue all day over the hospital.

7 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m double vaxxed and boosted. Had a head cold for a week, been worst last two days. Was mild before that. Waiting on Covid test results.

17 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

it’s so unlike Antonio Brown though so there’s no way you might have expected this.

He was a late round steal…

…for like 3 weeks he’s been IR/bench since then

Edited by tshile

I am convinced they need to call this a COVID SHOT vs. COVID VACCINE. 

People are unmasking, and with the winter months will be spending more time indoors and we could potentially see a spike (we are starting to see a spike) and ramp up into Thanksgiving and Christmas. 

Maybe this is said every few pages, so I apologize.  But the idea that vaccination means you can't catch COVID the same way a measles vaccine protects you is false. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

I am convinced they need to call this a COVID SHOT vs. COVID VACCINE. 

People are unmasking, and with the winter months will be spending more time indoors and we could potentially see a spike (we are starting to see a spike) and ramp up into Thanksgiving and Christmas. 

Maybe this is said every few pages, so I apologize.  But the idea that vaccination means you can't catch COVID the same way a measles vaccine protects you is false. 

I have been saying this since March of this year. The wording vaccine should have never been used.

• Like 1