Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

Yo!  Chipotle got me all confused.  They now have a sign asking those not vaccinated to wear a mask.  I roll in not wearing one because, well, I’m vaccinated.  I’m the only non-sitting-down-at-the-table guy not wearing a mask.  So, everybody in line, you don’t have a vaccine?  In Fairfax County where the rate is 125%?

3 hours ago, clietas said:

Was up in Southern Virginia last week/weekend and was the only person wearing a mask. Definitely gonna keep wearing them for awhile as it's not really a big deal to me.

i went to a gas station outside roanoke the week before easter (last week of march/first of april) and nobody was wearing masks even then .... virginia is bluish purple now... but there are still lots of dumb buttholes in the state

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Yo!  Chipotle got me all confused.  They now have a sign asking those not vaccinated to wear a mask.  I roll in not wearing one because, well, I’m vaccinated.  I’m the only non-sitting-down-at-the-table guy not wearing a mask.  So, everybody in line, you don’t have a vaccine?  In Fairfax County where the rate is 125%?

Probably a bunch of people who realize that strangers can't know if you're vaccinated so they wear a mask out of respect.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Probably a bunch of people who realize that strangers can't know if you're vaccinated so they wear a mask out of respect.

I get that, but I’m wondering why they changed their sign from wear a mask to if you’re not vaccinated wear a mask.  (It’s the first time I’ve seen a sign like that and the first time I’ve tried to go inside a place of business without a mask).  If the point is to protect any unvaccinated employees then they should leave the request as it was and limit the seating for dining in.  I don’t see how people having their mask on in line for 5-10 minutes, then having it off for 20-30 minutes while they eat makes people safer.

It’s similar to bars in VA now.  I went in to watch the Wizards game the other night. First time at a bar since March 2020.  It had high top tables along the bar where you could sit, but not at the bar itself.  I sat at the bar and was asked to move to a table.  No problem.  I sat with a stranger, but I just had to slide down one chair that was turned 90 degrees, then turn my head to watch the game.  I’m the same distance away from the bar tender and closer now to this stranger.  I don’t see the rationale behind that restriction (which comes from the state and not the bar itself).

On 5/25/2021 at 7:19 PM, clietas said:

Was up in Southern Virginia last week/weekend and was the only person wearing a mask. Definitely gonna keep wearing them for awhile as it's not really a big deal to me.

I'm going to Charlottesville this weekend for 2 nights.  Going to some wineries and plan on eating at nice restaurants.  It's going to be strange if we're the only people wearing masks, or if we even will if no one else is.  We're all vaccinated but we all have kids so that is the only reason I'm wearing one still.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

I'm going to Charlottesville this weekend for 2 nights.  Going to some wineries and plan on eating at nice restaurants.  It's going to be strange if we're the only people wearing masks, or if we even will if no one else is.  We're all vaccinated but we all have kids so that is the only reason I'm wearing one still.

I'm in Crozet and we were a very mask-y county (I have no issues with masks. We wore ours until we got vaccinated and will wear them when asked). Charlottesville proper is EXTRA mask-y, and even with that being the case, I'd say 90% of people aren't wearing them and many restaurants have dropped their requirements. I do know that Albemarle County has a pretty high vaccination rate, and the city itself is even higher. I think you'll be comfortable because the people who were wearing them had kids as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tennessee woman arrested for speeding through COVID-19 vaccination tent in protest, authorities say

A Tennessee woman was arrested this week after authorities say she drove her SUV through a COVID-19 vaccination tent, nearly hitting several people while yelling "no vaccine."

Virginia Christine Lewis Brown, 36, of Greenback, has been charged with seven felony counts of reckless endangerment. She was released on bonds totalling $21,000 and has an initial court appearance set for June 7, according to the Blount County Sheriff's Office. It was unclear whether she had obtained an attorney who could speak on her behalf.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

Fwiw there are a lot of reasons why fully vaccinated people might continue to wear masks.

Maybe they have cancer or an autoimmune disease. Maybe they have unvaccinated kids or at risk lived ones at home and don't want to put them at greater risk. Maybe they've realized they avoided the flu or their asthma got better wearing the mask.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Fwiw there are a lot of reasons why fully vaccinated people might continue to wear masks.

Maybe they have cancer or an autoimmune disease. Maybe they have unvaccinated kids or at risk lived ones at home and don't want to put them at greater risk. Maybe they've realized they avoided the flu or their asthma got better wearing the mask.

It definitely helps with pollen allergies.  I just dropped a bag of trash in the outside bin yesterday and walked around the yard for a few minutes without one...came in sneezing like crazy. 

And flu season? oh, hell yeah.  The data proved that one last season.

• Like 2

Got my second dose today.  Interesting that in Rite Aid pretty much everyone had masks on, but when we went to pick up food from a restaurant afterwards pretty much no one going in had a mask on (and a lot of groups of people went in while we were waiting) including the young lady who brought out our food.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, visionary said:

Got my second dose today.  Interesting that in Rite Aid pretty much everyone had masks on, but when we went to pick up food from a restaurant afterwards pretty much no one going in had a mask on (and a lot of groups of people went in while we were waiting) including the young lady who brought out our food.

Oh no... @visionaryjust used the term

"young lady". I feel so old. ☹️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, visionary said:

My arm feels almost numb from soreness at times. It’s worse when lying down so far though and not too bad most of the walking around.

Second dose, I had soreness and stiffness from my wrist through my armpit and well into my rib cage.  Could almost feel it emanating out from the injection site and then slowly receding in real time.  Took about 30 hours.

• Like 1