Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

20 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

God, what did the people behind me do?  They must’ve ****ed up bad. 

At least by the time my number gets called I’ll know which vaccine is most effective and least likely to turn me into a zombie from I Am Legend. 

The zombies were the good guys in that movie. Intricate social structure, empathetic, and no carbon footprint. We should all be so lucky. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

Should we just rename this the COVID Vaccine thread?

NYT article last week mentioned how abysmal of a job we are doing getting the vax out.

At this point, if your group is up, you have 24-48 hours to schedule an appointment or else someone who wants the vax can get it. Hospitals should just have a list.

People who want it should be able to sign up for the list, mark their age, health risks, occupation and the app automatically slots them. Honor system.

South Dakota is leading the way with injecting 50% of their supply into patients.

I got mine this morning.  

This is such a stupid disaster.  We knew back in February and March that a vaccine was in the works and that it would be a key way to control a devastating pandemic.  Anyone with half a brain could know that rolling out a two-stage vaccine (with complex supply chain and handling requirements) to every American (not to mention the rest of the world) would be a hugely complex and challenging task.  It requires logistics, planning, organization, manpower, and money.  Our government did absolutely nothing to address any of this.  They threw some money at pharma to help move the process along a bit faster (which is great) but that is only a small fraction of the whole task.  In every other aspect, they have failed us, and are killing us. 

• Like 2

• Cooked Crack changed the title to The Covid Vaccine Thread
On 12/4/2020 at 8:19 AM, PleaseBlitz said:

At least by the time my number gets called I’ll know which vaccine is most effective and least likely to turn me into a zombie from I Am Legend. 

I filled out the NYTimes calculator and it said there were 267 million people ahead of me. I put in lower ages and got a different answer. According to the calculator people 30 and under are getting the vaccine ahead of people over 30, all other things being equal.

is there an assumption that 30 is the age limit for bars and partying?

Edited by Corcaigh

1 hour ago, Corcaigh said:

Who should have executed this?

Should the Administration have tasked the CDC, or stood up another organization with logistics skills?

Who is (badly) managing it today?

There's no one managing anything for Covid.

Its all up to local government.

I filled out the NYTimes calculator and it said there were 267 million people ahead of me. I put in lower ages and got a different answer. According to the calculator people 30 and under are getting the vaccine ahead of people over 30, all other things being equal.

is there an assumption that 30 is the age limit for bars and partying?

Doesn't make sense. The assumption is that that demographic are the major spreaders. But there's no data yet to show that the vaccinated CANNOT spread the virus.  (unless I missed it)

1 minute ago, Mooka said:

There's no one managing anything for Covid.

Its all up to local government.

I asked my county commissioner on that. "I'll get back to you" was basically the answer.

Who should have executed this?

Should the Administration have tasked the CDC, or stood up another organization with logistics skills?

Who is (badly) managing it today?

I'm assuming the distribution plan was in the pandemic handbook the Obama administration prepared and the current administration gleefully tossed in the trash because they know everything.

And like the PPE distribution, it appears it's being done at the local level with no national plan in place. 

• Sad 1

Viral Conspiracy Theory Image of COVID-19 Vaccine "5G Chip" is Actually the Boss Metal Zone Circuit

Inject those jet-fueled distortion tones right into your bloodstream – literally.

Though 5G technology and the coronavirus have absolutely nothing to do with one another, that hasn't stopped conspiracy theorists around the world from falsely linking the two.

One of these debunked theories is that the recently rolled out COVID-19 vaccines contain microchips with 5G technology, designed supposedly to track our every movement. To that end, what was promoted as a leaked photo of the top-secret schematic of this microchip recently began going viral. 

Of course though, the schematic in question doesn't actually display a top-secret 5G chip. In fact, what it shows is the reworked circuit of a Boss Metal Zone distortion pedal.

JRNZ6V2pkwy9FuYNto4y6a-970-80.jpg.webp

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 3

On 12/4/2020 at 8:19 AM, PleaseBlitz said:

I am Legend was about Vampires, not Zombies.  What a maroon.  Granted, the vampires in the first film adaptation of the book, The Last Man On Earth starring Vincent Price, inspired George Romero's Zombies in Night Of The Living Dead.

On 12/4/2020 at 8:41 AM, skinsfan_1215 said:

The zombies were the good guys in that movie. Intricate social structure, empathetic, and no carbon footprint. We should all be so lucky. 

Not sure if being facetious, but you're not too far off from the original intent, with our vampire-slaying hero being the truly fearsome monster.

6 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

And like the PPE distribution, it appears it's being done at the local level with no national plan in place.

You take that back!  There was a national plan to seize PPE purchased at a local level so that it could be re-sold to the highest bidder.  You know, to own the libs.

Anyways, I heard the tail end of something on NPR on my way back home tonight about changing the dosage of the vaccine.  What's that about?  Did they find that smaller doses were effective so they can increase the number of doses by reducing the dosage?

10 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I am Legend was about Vampires, not Zombies.  What a maroon.  Granted, the vampires in the first film adaptation of the book, The Last Man On Earth starring Vincent Price, inspired George Romero's Zombies in Night Of The Living Dead.

92Am.gif

17 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Not sure if being facetious, but you're not too far off from the original intent, with our vampire-slaying hero being the truly fearsome monster.

You take that back!  There was a national plan to seize PPE purchased at a local level so that it could be re-sold to the highest bidder.  You know, to own the libs.

Anyways, I heard the tail end of something on NPR on my way back home tonight about changing the dosage of the vaccine.  What's that about?  Did they find that smaller doses were effective so they can increase the number of doses by reducing the dosage?

Some governors are (not) thinking that they can cut the dosage of the Moderna vaccine. This is troubling since there have been reports of people who receive the first dose of a vaccine are getting Covid. This tells me that we definitely need the two full doses and we still must wear masks and practice social distancing, just not sure how long. I believe people who get one dose feel protected when they aren't.

1 hour ago, visionary said:

1)  We not planning on doing anything about the undocumented workers who we know are working there?  

2)  And yeah, keeping them working there, while not allowing them to get vaccinated, is a really - Republican - move.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2