Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

same old bs in here ha

"i dont trust the government, so they cant make me get the vaccine that's not approved by a government agency" 🤪

"what are the long-term effects of the vaccine? cuz i'd rather get the long-term effects of covid instead"🤪

"less than 1% of vaccinated people are getting serious symptoms from covid, so the vaccine doesnt work"🤪

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I am not anti-mask and if it's mandated, I'll wear one without complaining.

However, my feeling at the moment is that masks mostly protect others and the others who really need to be protected are the unvaccinated, so.....

i hear ya, but the rumor that the mask provides zero protection to the wearer was proven false like a year ago ha. yeah, its not 100%, but it still provides more protection than not wearing one at all (especially when you're vaccinated, and the smaller viral load that does make it through the mask will have an even smaller chance of harming you)

Just now, No Nonsense said:

If YOU want to take it, go right ahead. But don’t tell everybody else that they HAVE to take it. How is that so hard to understand?

If you don't get the vaccine, you have a much higher potential than the vaccinated to get covid, which also means you are much more likely than the vaccinated to spread covid, and also much more likely than the vaccinated to get seriously sick and take up valuable medical resources, which are in dwindling supply in some localities.

If you won't take the most effective measure to contribute to the common good and help stop the spread of covid, what if any measures are you taking to avoid catching it and to avoid spreading it?  And will you continue to do these measures until you either get the vaccine or covid is eradicated? (which may never happen completely)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

i hear ya, but the rumor that the mask provides zero protection to the wearer was proven false like a year ago ha. yeah, its not 100%, but it still provides more protection than not wearing one at all (especially when you're vaccinated, and the smaller viral load that does make it through the mask will have an even smaller chance of harming you)

I know all that, and I don't want to be taken literally. Wear a mask. 

My point is, though, that most of the benefit of my doing so is to help the anti-vax people, so I'm not all that motivated to put one on voluntarily. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

And people took the vaccine and still got it. And brain damage is not the symptom I’m concerned with. 

Here is a cartoon about how vaccines work. They do not prevent you from “getting” the disease.  They teach your immune system how to fight it effectively. 

37 minutes ago, tshile said:
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, tshile said:

I do not know a single vaccinated person willing to wear a mask other than my wife and I. 

I think this is highly dependent on where you live. In my extremely liberal town, most people are vaxxed, and after a month or 2 of cases being near zero and people not wearing masks, in the past week or 2 most everyone is back to wearing masks. 

And yes, the “nearly everyone” part of the population have completely lost patience with the anti-vax crowd and hope they all die soon so the smart people can get back to normal. 

• Like 5

@No Nonsense having a bucket of water ready before a fire starts is better then trying to find water after the fire has started. More damage will occur if you don't have that bucket of water ready beforehand. This is how a vaccine works. If another fire starts you still have a bucket of water ready. Hopefully I have dumbed it down enough for you with this analogy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, zskins said:

@No Nonsense having a bucket of water ready before a fire starts is better then trying to find water after the fire has started. More damage will occur if you don't have that bucket of water ready beforehand. This is how a vaccine works. If another fire starts you still have a bucket of water ready. Hopefully I have dumbed it down enough for you with this analogy. 

Still not taking it. But if insults make you feel like a big man, go right ahead. 

@No Nonsense I know the whole vaccine discussion has become emotional and confrontational, both on the internet and in real life.  If it was a choice that effects no one else but yourself, it wouldn't be such a big deal.  But it is decision that deeply effects both the person who gets the vaccine and the society at large.  That's why it's so hard to just agree to disagree.

I would encourage you to seek out a doctor that you can trust.  Your personal physician, someone you heard from a neighbor is a great and caring doctor, a trusted family friend, whoever you feel comfortable enough to have an in depth discussion with.  Ask that doctor if he or she can take a some time to discuss and go over with you all of your questions and concerns about the vaccination.  Go in with an open and honest mind and go through all of your concerns and doubts with the doctor.  Hopefully that will provide some answers to your concerns.

Edited by bearrock
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I wish on the mask thing they would just making it mandatory or not. The strongly suggesting stuff doesn’t work. I would have my employees where masks again if it was required but no one wants to were them when it is hot when the governor says it’s option. Grey areas are never good...

Ah yes, the Chase Young theory of leadership.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

If YOU want to take it, go right ahead. But don’t tell everybody else that they HAVE to take it. How is that so hard to understand?

You do realize that your refusal, and others of your ilk, to take a vaccine to help curb the worst worldwide pandemic in over 100 years, puts the entirety of society in peril, yes? The Delta variant is a mutation. The longer this virus lingers there will me more, and most likely more deadly, mutations of this virus that has already killed millions. Your refusal to take the vaccine puts every other person on this earth in peril. That would be the definition of negligently selfish in my opinion.

I hope that the CDC fully approves these vaccines, and that they become mandated by law, not for any political reason, but for the good of society.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

You do realize that your refusal, and others of your ilk, to take a vaccine to help curb the worst worldwide pandemic in over 100 years, puts the entirety of society in peril, yes? The Delta variant is a mutation. The longer this virus lingers there will me more, and most likely more deadly, mutations of this virus that has already killed millions. Your refusal to take the virus puts every other person on this earth in peril. That would be the definition of negligently selfish in my opinion.

I hope that the CDC fully approves these vaccines, and that become mandated by law, not for any political reason, but for the good of society.

The government should hit the anti-vaccine crew where it hurts, their wallets.  Monthly fines for not being vaccinated that don't stop until they have had at least one shot of Moderna or Pfizer or the J&J shot.  And if they refuse to pay the fine, let the IRS come in and garnish their ****ing wages.  And let the fines increase over time.  

Use that money to help with the medical bills of those that were vaccinated or had children too young to get the vaccine that end up catching it due to the ****ing stupid morons that don't give a ****.  This **** has gone on way too long.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

My wife and I had a larger than expected fight over mandatory vaccines.  She was saying it should be "personal choice" and I countered that unvaccinated isn't a protected class, so a company could fire workers who didn't get the vaccine if they felt it was not good for their business.  I didn't say "I think they should be".  I also pointed out public policy-wise, we had no issues with polio, MMR, other vaccines... why is COVID different? 

This made her go ballistic, invoke some communist country and act like I am just a blind Biden supporter... and she even agreed that unvaccinated people are acting like idiots.

6 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

You do realize that your refusal, and others of your ilk, to take a vaccine to help curb the worst worldwide pandemic in over 100 years, puts the entirety of society in peril, yes? The Delta variant is a mutation. The longer this virus lingers there will me more, and most likely more deadly, mutations of this virus that has already killed millions. Your refusal to take the vaccine puts every other person on this earth in peril. That would be the definition of negligently selfish in my opinion.

I hope that the CDC fully approves these vaccines, and that they become mandated by law, not for any political reason, but for the good of society.

You can call it what you want to, but people have a right to not put something in their bodies that they don’t fully trust. 

4 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

The government should hit the anti-vaccine crew where it hurts, their wallets.  Monthly fines for not being vaccinated that don't stop until they have had at least one shot of Moderna or Pfizer or the J&J shot.  And if they refuse to pay the fine, let the IRS come in and garnish their ****ing wages.  And let the fines increase over time.  

Use that money to help with the medical bills of those that were vaccinated or had children too young to get the vaccine that end up catching it due to the ****ing stupid morons that don't give a ****.  This **** has gone on way too long.  

That’s never going to happen. But carry on. 

2 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

You can call it what you want to, but people have a right to not put something in their bodies that they don’t fully trust. 

That’s never going to happen. But carry on. 

It won't but it should.  Tired of the anti-vaccine crowd tbh, their stupidity is at an all-time high.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

At this point people who can and won’t take the vaccine want America to lose its battle against the epidemic.  They hate America.  They aren’t patriots.  They are no better than John Walker Lindh fighting alongside the Taliban.  If Anne Frank hid in their attic, they’d rat her out.  Change my mind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2