Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Dallas Football Team

TK

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I think we are agreeing. Let Kyle play as long as he's effective then draft or sign his replacement. My point is that Kyle gives us a chance to win while we build. You're right, QB's can be found anywhere it's just that the best ones are drafted higher in the draft. With Allen, if he continues to be serviceable or better, we can find our QB of the future without being forced to trade up in the draft. I like Allen and I think he's gonna get better with more playing time and a better roster. 

Yes sir, my hope is that he's good enough to start next year while our rookie learns as we build the team up. Hoping they sign another WR and TE, draft Micah and a qb in the 2nd round. This qb draft is looking deep so we might be able to get one in the 2nd round. 

I'm still thinking back to that hilarious off-season feature on McCarthy about how he spent his year off in his converted barn with a bunch of coaching buddies learning about all that "fancy analytics type stuff."

When I saw that, I immediately became scared that Snyder would hire him. 😄

6 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Why bring up Haskins in the game day thread?  

FWIW, the only game Haskins turned the ball over in with any regularity was the Cleveland game.  

He did a lot of other bad things on other games but turnovers wasn’t the bug issue for him. 

Yeah, that’s pretty much true...it felt like his first 8 or nine games he kept the turnovers down for a rookie qb...but this last little stretch he looks like a fish outta water...definitely backsliding...who knows he could end u being decent. He’s still extremely young...

Allen looked good today, his situational awareness (baring a few bonehead plays) has looked innate...I really like what I’m seeing...and he’s young too...

We played what might be the two worst teams in the NFL (besides the Jets) in back to back weeks. The Cowboys got a lucky break against the 1-6 Falcons and won a close one against the Giants, both teams could easily be 0-7 at this point (obviously mutually exclusive). We should have won both but only won one game. If we didn't play the NFC East we would probably be 0-7 at this point as well. A divisional win always feels extra nice but we got a lot of work ahead of us.

I don't think we can take away much from this game just based on how bad that Dallas team is. I am just glad they already got two wins because it doesn't look like they might win another game this year and they still got a lot of talent. Don't want them to capitalize to the max with the first overall pick in their one horrible year.

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

We played what might be the two worst teams in the NFL (besides the Jets) in back to back weeks. The Cowboys got a lucky break against the 1-6 Falcons and won a close one against the Giants, both teams could easily be 0-7 at this point (obviously mutually exclusive). We should have won both but only won one game. If we didn't play the NFC East we would probably be 0-7 at this point as well. A divisional win always feels extra nice but we got a lot of work ahead of us.

I don't think we can take away much from this game just based on how bad that Dallas team is. I am just glad they already got two wins because it doesn't look like they might win another game this year and they still got a lot of talent. Don't want them to capitalize to the max with the first overall pick in their one horrible year.

This is partly my monday morning feeling, kinda similar to when we beat Philly in week 1 against a scrub OL. We came back to earth in the weeks that followed. But we have a bye week right now, so we can't lose this week. And then we have the Giants which is another game we should have won. So we have a chance to build some kind of a winning culture here right now. 

What does that mean when we play a good team again? We don't know. Wentz is a good to great QB and he's looking pedestrian this year because of his lack of weapons and no OL. SF is losing players left and right. Cincy looks good but keeps losing. And who knows what injuries other teams will have or how we will be playing in 6 weeks. That was the whole thing about 2012. We were 3-6 and out of everything but then we got on a roll. And the thing about a team on a roll is that they've got momentum working for them and its that much harder to stop them. 

9 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

Shefter is reporting that LB Bostic won't be suspended for his hit on Dalton that got him ejected.

That is surprising. He is lucky. That was as bad a hit as there is in football. People can spare me all the speed of the game and he angled his shoulder and blah, blah blah. He is a world class athlete that knows you can't hit a QB like that. He lowered his body and dove at the QB who he saw was going down. Very dumb and very dangerous play. Absolutely no excuse for that. He is lucky he didn't really hurt him. He is also lucky he did not hurt himself.   Very embarrassing as a Washington fan. 

Archived