Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Dallas Football Team

TK

2 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

It'll be interesting to see if the team brings Eric Reid in. As JP Finlay pointed out, Rivera didn't bring him in for a tryout because Landon was here. You'd have 2 weeks to teach Reid JDR's playbook.

On Landon, you have to carry him for next year - I bet he is a PUP guy who gets activated midseason. You then cut him at the end of 2021

23 minutes ago, Xplosive said:

Has any team gone into the playoffs with a 6-10 or 5-11 record?

I believe 7-9 has been the worst.  

Ron's Panthers made it at 8-7-1.  

THe 7-9 Seahawks team won the NFC West and beat the New Orleans Saints at home (I think they were 11-5?) at home one year.

I don't think we've had a 6-10.   We're going to have one this year because while I think Philly is definitely the best team in the division, they are SO incurred, it's tough to see them getting more than 6 wins.  

19 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Jordan Giorgio on the post game show... 🔥 

Saying what? 

16 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

How about this ?

Our beat-up, 2nd string OL (even a 3rd string LG), outplayed a talented unit coached by Jim Tomsula.

I think Jim Tomsula was vastly overrated by all of us, and the coaching staff.  There were rumors they didn't fire Manusky because Tomsula would quit, and we couldn't have that.  

13 minutes ago, Bacon said:

The most upsetting part of this season for me hasn't been the QB controversy bull**** but our defense underachieving its potential after a promising start.

However awful Dallas is, seeing our guys absolutely smother them for 4 quarters was awesome.

I get what you're saying, but their OL is such a shell of itself, it's tough to judge anything.  

8 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

LOL

She's going to have to work a whole lot harder than that to cheer him up. :P 

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Enjoy!  LOL 

<Skip>

That's the most of Skip I've ever watched and I made it through about 27 seconds...

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

This game instantly becomes one of the legend games. Holcomb was a warrior, Allen delivered, Collins made a crucial play, Gibson tore them up, knocked out a QB, etc. There are memories and things that will be said about this game. 

Yeah, maybe.  But it's got to be framed by "and how God Awful was Dallas?" 

I wouldn't be surprised if Mike Nolan was shown the door tonight/tomorrow, which, of course, would make my heart smile, and also would add to the lore of the game.  

How that man has a job in the NFL is ... well it's extremely obvious it's an old boy's club and due to his father (and now him) he's an old boy.  McCarthy is an idiot for hiring him.  

Kyle Allen is good enough to get this team to our franchise QB if we ever draft or sign that guy. Build the line and the defense and he can win games. The problem may be that he wins just enough games to take us out of draft position to get a true franchise guy. I'm watching Cam right now and he isn't as good as Kyle is. I hope RR is watching too. Sign Allen for a couple of years, tell him the job is his to lose and then draft the future. Meanwhile build the rest of the roster. In this division we could be playoff contenders for several years if we build right.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think Jim Tomsula was vastly overrated by all of us, and the coaching staff.  There were rumors they didn't fire Manusky because Tomsula would quit, and we couldn't have that.  

Jon Allen spoke very highly of him and said Tomsula was the best DL Coach he's ever seen.

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Kyle Allen is good enough to get this team to our franchise QB if we ever draft or sign that guy. Build the line and the defense and he can win games. The problem may be that he wins just enough games to take us out of draft position to get a true franchise guy. I'm watching Cam right now and he isn't as good as Kyle is. I hope RR is watching too. Sign Allen for a couple of years, tell him the job is his to lose and then draft the future. Meanwhile build the rest of the roster. In this division we could be playoff contenders for several years if we build right.

Allen's ceiling is high end backup. If we wanna use him as a placeholder while we fill the rest of the cupboard then fine but you run the risk of chaining a bunch of 7-9 type seasons which will always keep us out of range of a franchise QB unless we trade up again.

If we're picking anywhere in the top 5 area we almost have to go QB.

13 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Looks like $13M dead cap next year if we cut him.  That could be it for Landon.  And I guess I’m Ok with that.

Wish him well in his recovery!

It depends on his recovery and his status, because you can't cut an injured played.

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Jon Allen spoke very highly of him and said Tomsula was the best DL Coach he's ever seen.

The list of players who have spoken highly of bad coaches could reach from the moon to the sun.  He also was the ONLY NFL coach Allen had until this year, and the defenses were putrid.  

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Allen's ceiling is high end backup. If we wanna use him as a placeholder while we fill the rest of the cupboard then fine but you run the risk of chaining a bunch of 7-9 type seasons which will always keep us out of range of a franchise QB unless we trade up again.

I disagree. I think his problems are (1) arm strength and (2) patience. Problem 2 can be worked on with time. Problem 1 is a possibility but he's young so its in his favor. But he has the frame of a guy who can work on his arm and be different than the 6 foot Colt McCoy who many have compared him to

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Placeholder with potential....in this division I don't see us picking in the top 5, hell we already have won 2 out of 3 games with 3 to go. I would think the Jets, Bengals, Giants, Jags, Cowboys and Falcons will all be worse than us at this point. How funny will it be if the entire NFC East picks in the top 10 of the NFL draft? Don't count out New England for a top 10 draft plck either....they look brutal.

Just now, kingdaddy said:

Placeholder with potential....in this division I don't see us picking in the top 5, hell we already have won 2 out of 3 games with 3 to go. I would think the Jets, Bengals, Giants, Jags, Cowboys and Falcons will all be worse than us at this point. How funny will it be if the entire NFC East picks in the top 10 of the NFL draft? Don't count out New England for a top 10 draft plck either....they look brutal.

I think the Falcons are the sleeper for the number 1 pick. Its like historic how many games they're blowing big leads. They clearly have the talent but are not putting it all together. This could be a Maning -> Lock type year for the falcons where they just magially replace one great QB with another

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

I think the Falcons are the sleeper for the number 1 pick. Its like historic how many games they're blowing big leads. They clearly have the talent but are not putting it all together. This could be a Maning -> Lock type year for the falcons where they just magially replace one great QB with another

I forgot Houston for a top 5 pick, Miami has a shot too....WFT could end up being out of the top 10 if Kyle Allen keeps playing well. And as division champions at 6 - 10.

33 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I disagree with this. Draft position is loser talk and had been shown countless times in the NFL that you dont need a top 5 pick to pick your franchise QB. Russel Wilson 3rd rounds. Aaron Rodgers mid 1st round, Pat Malhomes 10th pick., Tom Brady 6 rounder,  Lamar Jackson late 1st rounder, Big Ben mid first rounder. I think as long as we start building a winning foundation it would make the next QB of this team life easier while learning on the job. 

2 minutes ago, djpapeleta360 said:

I disagree with this. Draft position is loser talk and had been shown countless times in the NFL that you dont need a top 5 pick to pick your franchise QB. Russel Wilson 3rd rounds. Aaron Rodgers mid 1st round, Pat Malhomes 10th pick., Tom Brady 6 rounder,  Lamar Jackson late 1st rounder, Big Ben mid first rounder. I think as long as we start building a winning foundation it would make the next QB of this team life easier while learning on the job. 

I think we are agreeing. Let Kyle play as long as he's effective then draft or sign his replacement. My point is that Kyle gives us a chance to win while we build. You're right, QB's can be found anywhere it's just that the best ones are drafted higher in the draft. With Allen, if he continues to be serviceable or better, we can find our QB of the future without being forced to trade up in the draft. I like Allen and I think he's gonna get better with more playing time and a better roster. 

6 minutes ago, djpapeleta360 said:

giphy.gif

41 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I agree we all historically bad but technically the entire NFC East cannot draft top 10 as the division winner would be at best 20th. But could see the other 3 in the top 10. 

But I like going with Kyle till you can't anymore. Keep building and building unless you see a guy that just fits everything you want in a QB. If he can get his TOs down, he could last a while - at least long enough to build a legitimate roster to compete. 

Archived