Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

No..just good god no..really?..a first?..if we we're just a good qb away I'd say maybe a 3rd kyle allen like you mentioned(cause I know damn well you idnt talkin about j allen)than would possibly consider it.

Given we would have to pay Jonathan Allen $15M a year after next year to keep him here, I would be willing to toss him in if needed with Ioannidis coming back. Preference obviously would be to move Settle instead.

31 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I see blue sky on Darnold.  I liked him better than Mayfield in that draft...and I still do.  His game pops and the Jets are a dire organization.  Would love to get him in the lab for a year, if Ron is willing to play the slow game.

Might not even take a third.  Might be a fifth...

I've seen too many Jets games to block what i've seen out of my head.    But hopefully we get lucky and make it happen with Stafford.  😀

8 minutes ago, method man said:

To another layer of flavor into the deal, I'd want to see if we can get Okudah too. Couple factors at play here: 1) Brad Holmes / Dan Campbell did not draft Okudah so they are not wedded to him & 2) it was reported Ron & co. liked Okudah during the pre-draft process. If Ron & Jack believe they can turn him around here into the no. 1 corner we all hoped he would be, I am all for going after him. Also, if the Lions do move on, they would eat the signing bonus and we would have to pay him anywhere between $2M-$5M from 2021 through 2023. I wonder if the following deal gets it done.

1st + 2nd + Allen for Stafford + Okudah

Not sure I'd give up Allen for a guy who is a bust so far....Allen is a leader on this team. I'd give up Settle though in your scenario.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, method man said:

Given we would have to pay Jonathan Allen $15M a year after next year to keep him here, I would be willing to toss him in if needed with Ioannidis coming back. Preference obviously would be to move Settle instead.

Allen is gonna get traded for someone.  You can prolly bank on that.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've seen too many Jets games to block what i've seen out of my head.    But hopefully we get lucky and make it happen with Stafford.  😀

Probably he is our primary target, SIP.  Our new GM drafted him.  I'd say IF the new F.O. wants him he's as good as a WFT player.  I hate using a 1st to sign him though.  I'd rather a 2nd and another pick, if we could.  We desperately need a LOT to protect him.  I want a young, healthy drafted QB.  But that's just me.  

22 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Inquiring minds wanna know...what's your take on stafford and Washington?..do u think it happens do you want it to happen?

I really don't know if it happens.  As for whether I want it to happen, Its a 10 out 10 for me, heck yes.

I get the fatigue with some about previous trades for Qbs.  You won't find someone who was more opposed to the Alex Smith trade than me.  I didn't think our roster was right for that move and I liked Alex but wasn't blown away with him so I wasn't even a little excited.  I was upset about it.

Stafford is a hard QB to explain.  He has crazy talent.  He'd be IMO the most talented QB we've had in forever including the 70s/80s, etc.   It hasn't come together for him in Detriot.  He probably has the third strongest arm in the NFL, he can make sick kind of throws.  He has wicked talent.  I'd say he's about the 10th best QB in the league give or take.  Better than Alex.  Better than Kirk.  Better than McNabb.  Better than Brunell

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, method man said:

That's where fans like you and I disagree..respectfully so of course..if that's what happens and ron said hey we just couldnt afford to pay them all and did what was best for the franchise...we have depth at d line and can still be a dominate force in the trenches on the d line than being a fan I'll take his word for it but as a fan I just think about what it would be like missing allen more than how the organization is spending there money.

11 minutes ago, drowland said:

My guess is he'll be a 49er.  Stafford probably wants to play for lil'Shanny and the 49ers can send Jimmy G to Detroit so they at least have a QB going into the season.  

I don't see the new regime in detroit wanting to pay jimmy g that salary.  I assume they'd want to start fresh with a young qb.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I really don't know if it happens.  As for whether I want it to happen, Its a 10 out 10 for me, heck yes.

I get the fatigue with some about previous trades for Qbs.  You won't find someone who was more opposed to the Alex Smith trade than me.  I didn't think our roster was right for that move and I liked Alex but wasn't blown away with him so I wasn't even a little excited.  I was upset about it.

Stafford is a hard QB to explain.  He has crazy talent.  He'd be IMO the most talented QB we've had in forever including the 70s/80s, etc.   It hasn't come together for him in Detriot.  He probably has the third strongest arm in the NFL, he can make sick kind of throws.  He has wicked talent.  I'd say he's about the 10th best QB in the league give or take.  Better than Alex.  Better than Kirk.  Better than McNabb.  Better than Brunell

Good stuff here as usual..I remember your take on the a smith deal when it happened...soooo hopefully we can get stafford without giving up the farm?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Good stuff here as usual..I remember your take on the a smith deal when it happened...soooo hopefully we can get stafford without giving up the farm?

I didn't think the roster that time was ready for a veteran QB and I was ok with Alex but wasn't jazzed about him.   So the combination of that made it feel "meh" to me. 

This to me is a 180 from that.  This roster IMO is ready enough and I dig Stafford more than I did Alex.