Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am in with you on Stafford.  The more I digested Darnold the less i like the idea - the thing that dogged him in college was fumbles and picks.  What has dogged him in the NFL?  Fumbles and picks.    If we get Darnold we can no longer laugh at Jones' turnovers -- Darnold is practically a clone of Jones on that front. 

I see blue sky on Darnold.  I liked him better than Mayfield in that draft...and I still do.  His game pops and the Jets are a dire organization.  Would love to get him in the lab for a year, if Ron is willing to play the slow game.

Might not even take a third.  Might be a fifth...

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Personally, I wasn’t pumped about McNabb.  

QB wins and playoff wins and all that jazz doesn’t mean much to me.  Can the QB make all the throws?  Has he proven he can do that in live fire in the NFL? If the answer to both is yes, he’s among the top 10-15 in the league and I’ll take my chances with that all day, everyday and twice on Sunday.

The Lions are starting fresh with a coach that wants to eat kneecaps.  Stafford wants to win before he retires.  It’s that simple.

QB wins and playoff wins don’t mean much to you?  He’s 33.  12 year vet.  He isn’t a young guy with limited opportunities.  This guy couldn’t win with literally quite possibly the most gifted WR specimen the game has ever seen in Calvin Johnson.

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was wondering what was taking so long for the people who have been trashing the idea for weeks to come out.   :ols:     This has been a hot debate on this thread with no consensus.  At least its likely going to be put to rest one way or another soon.    If this doesn't happen, I am guessing the next debate is about Darnold and on that one I'll join the naysayers if a rumor arises of any interest on our end. 

Inquiring minds wanna know...what's your take on stafford and Washington?..do u think it happens do you want it to happen?

The Stafford not winning playoff games/winning division narrative needs context. 

Our defense gave up 329 points this season, in Stafford’s career the Lions only gave up less points once. They went 11-5 that particular season and that’s the year Dallas won after a questionable flag. And we all feel the defense is just scratching the surface. 

Not to mention Detroit went 4 complete seasons without an 100 yd rusher that 2014 season included. In comparison Gibby had 2 100 yard outings in a five game span this season 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Don't underrate the extension component. Stafford will want a new deal wherever he ends up and that negotiation will give him influence over the destination.

Do not underrate the Mayhew connection.

I think we are the betting favorite to land him. More likely than Indy. But let's see.

I would agree with this, in fact, I'll bet we do whatever it takes to get him. No 1st round pick for us this year...

Just now, Blanka said:

The Stafford not winning playoff games/winning division narrative needs context. 

Our defense gave up 329 points this season, in Stafford’s career the Lions only gave up less points once. They went 11-5 that particular season and that’s the year Dallas won after a questionable flag. And we all feel the defense is just scratching the surface. 

Not to mention Detroit went 4 complete seasons without an 100 yd rusher that 2014 season included. In comparison Gibby had 2 100 yard outings in a five game span this season 

Appreciate the context, whenever Iv looked over at Detroit I always wonder how they’re so bad, you see Stafford getting rave reviews he seems to always have a solid set of weapons to pass to and yet never troubles the playoffs

I’d still pass but I at least now understand what was at play in Detroit the past decade 👍

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

This is the larger issue at play.

The only reason we can even entertain this idea is because Ron/Chase/the overall vibe has made us a legitimate Free Agent destination.

And not just for quarterbacks.

Thank you for posting this because this is the reason I was in support of winning the division, albeit with a losing record, rather than going for the draft pick. QB's can be found if you're willing to pay the price and Stafford can be had if we pony up. I would overpay for him IF he is 100% healthy...meaning I'd give two 1sts and a third and not sweat it. We get QB settled and the rest is easy given the talent we already have. 

• Like 1

To another layer of flavor into the deal, I'd want to see if we can get Okudah too. Couple factors at play here: 1) Brad Holmes / Dan Campbell did not draft Okudah so they are not wedded to him & 2) it was reported Ron & co. liked Okudah during the pre-draft process. If Ron & Jack believe they can turn him around here into the no. 1 corner we all hoped he would be, I am all for going after him. Also, if the Lions do move on, they would eat the signing bonus and we would have to pay him anywhere between $2M-$5M from 2021 through 2023. I wonder if the following deal gets it done.

1st + 2nd + Allen for Stafford + Okudah

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Blanka said:

Stafford's been to the playoffs 3 times and has 4 winning seasons. 

That's better then anything around here. 

• Like 1

Just now, kingdaddy said:

Thank you for posting this because this is the reason I was in support of winning the division, albeit with a losing record, rather than going for the draft pick. QB's can be found if you're willing to pay the price and Stafford can be had if we pony up. I would overpay for him IF he is 100% healthy...meaning I'd give two 1sts and a third and not sweat it. We get QB settled and the rest is easy given the talent we already have. 

If you're willing to pay that much, I'd rather just pay the extra first for Watson

24 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Personally, I wasn’t pumped about McNabb. 

Nobody was pumped about McNabb.  He looked washed up with Philly the year before.  His last two seasons in Philly were buoyed by a good supporting cast and defense.  I'm forgetting the meme's and jokes now, but Philly fans had some kind of dirtball nickname for him.  He was noticeably struggling to make some throws.

7 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

If SF offers their first, I don’t see us being competitive.  We should be able to put together a favorable package compared to Indy.

Can SF afford both Stafford and Jimmy G. or Stafford and the dead cap hit of Jimmy G? I suppose they could but it might cripple their roster somewhat.

2 minutes ago, method man said:

To another layer of flavor into the deal, I'd want to see if we can get Okudah too. Couple factors at play here: 1) Brad Holmes / Dan Campbell did not draft Okudah so they are not wedded to him & 2) it was reported Ron & co. liked Okudah during the pre-draft process. If Ron & Jack believe they can turn him around here into the no. 1 corner we all hoped he would be, I am all for going after him. Also, if the Lions do move on, they would eat the signing bonus and we would have to pay him anywhere between $2M-$5M from 2021 through 2023. I wonder if the following deal gets it done.

1st + 2nd + Allen for Stafford + Okudah

No..just good god no..really?..a first?..if we we're just a good qb away I'd say maybe a 3rd kyle allen like you mentioned(cause I know damn well you idnt talkin about j allen)than would possibly consider it.