Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

QB hungry teams not drafting in the top 5 that can absorb Stafford's $33 mil cap hit this year appear to be Colts and Pats.

Stafford said he wants to go to a contender and doesn't want to go through another rebuild, so to me that eliminates NE. I think the Colts are the biggest competition plus they're in the AFC. Will need to offer a premium over their bid IMO.

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Stafford said he wants to go to a contender and doesn't want to go through another rebuild, so to me that eliminates NE. I think the Colts are the biggest competition plus they're in the AFC. Will need to offer a premium over their bid IMO.

If Andrew luck ever wanted to come out of retirement, now is the time!!

Also hoping the mayhew connection gives us an advantage.

Edited by KillBill26
  • Haha 2

If I had to guess, I'd say it is between us and the Colts.  Many of the teams up there that could absorb the cap hit are going to draft their own guy in April.  33 million for a 32-33 year old QB and giving up picks is absolutely not what Bill Belichick has done, ever, in New England.  I don't see that happening.

Us and Indy.  Though I thought I read somewhere that Rivera tended to prefer mobile QB's, one-legged Alex Smith notwithstanding.  Maybe I read it on this forum?

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Obviously, if we bring in ANY quarterback we’ll have to address Alex’s contract.

I believe we can cut him for a $10M cap hit, no?

If we designate him a June 1st cut it will be a 4.3 Mil cap hit for each of the next two years.  Not a huge dent.

Edited by KillBill26
  • Like 2

Realistically what would you give up for Stafford? Would you give up this years 1st and next years 3rd?

Matthew Stafford done in Detroit as Lions now look to trade longtime quarterback on big contract https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/matthew-stafford-done-in-detroit-as-lions-now-look-to-trade-longtime-quarterback-on-big-contract/ via http://cbssportsapp.com

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Obviously, if we bring in ANY quarterback we’ll have to address Alex’s contract.

I believe we can cut him for a $10M cap hit, no?

if I recall you brought up Stafford first long time ago.  But I've taking perhaps the most arrows on this thread for pushing Stafford.  We need to get on the horn with Rivera now and bring it home. 

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

Realistically what would you give up for Stafford? Would you give up this years 1st and next years 3rd?

Matthew Stafford done in Detroit as Lions now look to trade longtime quarterback on big contract https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/matthew-stafford-done-in-detroit-as-lions-now-look-to-trade-longtime-quarterback-on-big-contract/ via http://cbssportsapp.com

Yep. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I was listening to Graziano on Keim's podcast today, they talked Stafford, and he's another among a sea of national NFL media people that say well that dude would be going to the Colts.  The national media seem to love the narrative that if Stafford hits the market its a done deal that its the Colts like it some sort or marriage meant in football heaven and the WFT won't be able to usurp that.  Will see.  

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Few inaccuracies in there Rufus but always good to see you post, I think they’d play around with his deal a bit more than that. That would be Mayhew’s call if he was interested. I’m just putting the notion out we may sniff around....if the new GM wants him and could convince Rivera.

I don't know about any "inaccuracies", but if you had said something like you'd be interested in him if he'd agree to a big payout, I probably wouldn't have said anything (though Garoppolo would be very far from my first choice). But I wouldn't touch him at anything near his current contract, no matter how it's restructured. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

yes

11 minutes ago, Forehead said:

If I had to guess, I'd say it is between us and the Colts.  

Colts have a couple things going for them: they don't have snyder as an owner, and it's closer to their current home.  Stafford's won't have to move their family as far.  

But Matt and his wife are both from Georgia, so DC would be closer to their original home.  And indy doesn't have the cherry blossoms!!!

19 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I mean, the lions absolutely got screwed in their playoff game against the cowboys. The ref threw a flag, eventually picked if up when he shouldn’t have. Detroit would’ve won had that not happened. Can’t pin that on stafford 

Ok so he “could have” won a single playoff game.  No thanks.  People are really on board with trading multiple firsts and even a guy like Daron Payne for Stafford smh He’s a 33 year old aging QB with zero playoff wins.  You’d have to be brain dead to make that trade for us.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was listening to Graziano on Keim's podcast today, they talked Stafford, and he's another among a sea of national NFL media people that say well that dude would be going to the Colts.  The national media seem to love the narrative that if Stafford hits the market its a done deal that its the Colts like it some sort or marriage meant in football heaven and the WFT won't be able to usurp that.  Will see.  

The Colts pitch to Stafford is the same as ours.

Weak division, lights out D, couple of pieces on offense, chance to play home playoffs games for the next 3-4 years...and maybe more.

The difference is the stage.  This year notwithstanding, the NFC East is where the big boys play.  Bright lights, big cities.

The AFC Central is where endorsement dollars go to die.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Colts also have a lot more cap space than we do. However, we have better weapons. Who's Stafford going to throw to in Indy? Terry is way better than Pittman.

• Like 1