Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've worked out plenty in my life but am far from a body builder.  In his shoes, I'd try to figure out something in the weight room, assuming there is something that can be done. 

The elbow was a freakish injury that I’m not sure the weight room solves. Concussions it definitely doesn’t. Leg lacerations from breaking in wouldn’t be helped by that either.

He played every game at ODU I think? 

The AC sprain it could probably help but when you land like he does... I don’t know. 

If he has injury issues it may be something that is just inherent with him and unable to be helped. I’m not sold on that yet but he has a sample size.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Goff’s contract would be problematic for the Rams if they tried to go another direction. Hill got 2 years $20m. A backup contract

Not sure rhe Saints can add a whole lot. They have the worst cap situation in the NFL. We'lk see--this is going to be a fun offseason for us. 

If Brees comes back I’m not sure he’s a Saint.

Having Brees would be cool for a year... but having said that I’m not sure how much better he is at this point than the guys on roster. But he’s still Drew Brees. He brings an “it” factor with him.

He lacks the mobility that Rivera desires, and I don’t think I’d do it. But I’m curious if the Team would consider him.

Edited by KDawg

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Brees is done. He's retiring. You can tell by his actions after the game. I wouldn't want him at this stage anyway. He'd actually be worse than Alex Smith if you can believe that.

Not advocating for him because I think if he is a FA and plays it’s tough to justify him versus what we have for a one year rental...

Buuuuuut...

9-3 record, 70.5% comp, 2900 yards, 24 TD, 6 INT and a good portion of it without Michael Thomas.

Now... to argue against myself: this Team ISN’T the Saints.

And... stats don’t tell the whole story pretty much ever. 

He’s clearly declining and there’s no telling what the state of the decline would be next year, either. He’s also playing less games per season the last few years.

All reasons I probably wouldn’t do it. 

Then factor in he doesn’t have the mobility that the modern game needs... 

Given just our current QBs, I prefer Heinicke over him right now to be honest...

But I’m curious if what he’s done makes the Team consider him.

I dont understand lt  what good is a veteran qb gonna do for this team besides suck up salary cap...we arent winning a super bowl with any of the vet qbs that are becoming free agents....

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Brees is done. He's retiring. You can tell by his actions after the game. I wouldn't want him at this stage anyway. He'd actually be worse than Alex Smith if you can believe that.

Cmon man...Brees wipes the floor with Smith

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just about every of the national insiders, and a NO beat reporter said Brees is retiring.  Will see.  But I'd be surprised if he doesn't.

I see the pattern...

All of them were drafted by their teams except Brady. 

All of them were first round picks, though not the top QB, except... Brady.

All of them offer mobility except... Brady. 

55 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I see the pattern...

All of them were drafted by their teams except Brady. 

All of them were first round picks, though not the top QB, except... Brady.

All of them offer mobility except... Brady. 

All of them are really really good.  I don't see how the logic is that interesting that most are still with the original teams.  Going back to my swim model analogy, yep once the lucky few get to date them they don't dump them.    That makes all the sense in the world. 

It's not like its here we go again another team is trading their 25 year old franchise QB.  The Dolphins did it with Dan Marino.  The 49ers dumped Montana.  It doesn't happen because its crazy to do it.  So the fact these these guys last sometimes as much 15 years with one franchise is a verdict of how good these guys are and how hard they are to replace.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

All of them are really really good.  I don't see how the logic is that interesting that most are still with the original teams.  Going back to my swim model analogy, yep once the lucky few get to date them they don't dump them.    That makes all the sense in the world. 

It's not like its here we go again another team is trading their 25 year old franchise QB.  The Dolphins did it with Dan Marino.  The 49ers dumped Montana.  It doesn't happen because its crazy to do it.  So the fact these these guys last sometimes as much 15 years with one franchise is a verdict of how good these guys are and how hard they are to replace.  

You draft your stud, you don’t trade major assets to acquire them. That’s what I saw.

None of the four were acquired via veteran trade. The Chiefs traded up for Mahomes, which I believe is the best way to acquire your franchise QB.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's not like its here we go again another team is trading their 25 year old franchise QB. 

Yeah that’s the key point, the potential Watson situation is so unique you have to view it in isolation, not get lost in the noise of all if those non comparable situations from the past. 

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You draft your stud, you don’t trade major assets to acquire them. That’s what I saw.

None of the four were acquired via veteran trade. The Chiefs traded up for Mahomes, which I believe is the best way to acquire your franchise QB.

does that mean you wouldn’t trade for Mahomes if he had a major fallout in KC. Or Josh Allen with Bufallo?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Yeah that’s the key point, the potential Watson situation is so unique you have to view it in isolation, not get lost in the noise of all if those non comparable situations from the past. 

Not about noise. 

It’s about what you have to give up to get it done.