Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wow..... Soon, I will be a 20 year veteran on this board.

Doug near DC

4 hours ago, China said:

I'm guessing 2000, since that's part of your username.  The full history is here:  

I'm one of the many that joined when Joe Gibbs was re-hired in 2004.  So 16 years for me.

Went back thru that thread. I see I posted that I was member #26.  I also remember the old Sponting News Skins Board.

I can't remember if I was getting emails or it was in news articles I was reading, but there were things that pointed me here before Gibbs came back. I kept seeing them and thinking, that is not a thing for me. I don't need to talk on the computer with people I don't know. I didn't join til 2007.

Early on I remember supporting Campbell big time, but ultimately just not understanding the football discussion. I felt there was just too much anger and divisiveness in the stadium and I just wanted to sit back and talk with a bunch of friends. This just made me turn into a lurker over there. I have lurked over there from time to time, but honestly, it seems just as bad over there talking football as it does over here with politics.

Anyways, came to the Tailgate and have said way to many things about my life which sometimes I regret, but ultimately cannot change now. I have only joined one other forum and talked on there for about 6 months I guess, then I've been on here ever since. I have never felt the need to go anywhere else. I like it that way.

12 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Anyways, came to the Tailgate and have said way to many things about my life which sometimes I regret, but ultimately cannot change now. 

As was tradition back in the day, we used to celebrate our 5,000th post.  Mine showcased a little bit about how we reveal some things about ourselves online.  Going back to 2006:

I started lurking this site the summer of the Martyball training camp. I believe it was llinked on the official Redskins.com when you clicked message board. Best place to get Redskins news and turned out to be a well run message board. Finally joined in August 06 like so many others it seems. 🙂

1 hour ago, Die Hard said:

Blade is a Urologist, not a surgeon. And he was member #2 😉

So were you first? Or was it Art or Om?

I thought Blade ran the site, or at least he financed it.  I still have my Extremeskins t-shirts, though the red one is falling apart.

9 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

So were you first? Or was it Art or Om?

I thought Blade ran the site, or at least he financed it.  I still have my Extremeskins t-shirts, though the red one is falling apart.

I recruited Blade while I was in the process of building it. But we both played large parts in the development and growth of the website. At one point, the growth of ES.com was too large and more than I wanted to finance. That’s when Blade became 1a to my 1b 🙂

You wouldn’t know it by my post count.... I’ve probably lost about 50,000 posts during all the upgrades through the years.

Art was member #3.... and the first person I tagged to be MOD (from the The Sporting News message boards). But he was part of team during ES.com phase 1 (Capitol Offense).

Om was in the first 5 of the Mod Squad.

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

Does post count even work? Mines been broken for what seems like forever. I figured it was broken for everyone 

Well you can see mine is listed at 2709.  Posts in the Tailgate don't register, only Stadium forum I think.  And, as others have said, when they re-did the board a while back many posts were lost.

1 minute ago, China said:

Posts in the Tailgate don't register, only Stadium forum I think

Maybe that’s what it is. 

I don’t have anything against the stadium I’m just no longer willing to spend my time there when the team is such a clown show. I’m just not interested in arguments about quarterbacks when the outcome is predictable either way (for example)

so maybe my count isn’t staying the same it’s just that I rarely post there and so thought it was stuck. 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Does post count even work? Mines been broken for what seems like forever. I figured it was broken for everyone 

IT only counts Stadium posts.  Tailgate posts are no longer registered. It's been that way for a long time.  I probably have double to triple of what my post count says; with those posts here in the Tailgate.

So I went into my profile and checked my activity, and there are 382+ pages at 25 posts per page which means more than 9500 posts.  That goes back to 2005.  I think there may be some that got lost along the way, especially if I had 5,000 by 2006.  So at a minimum I'm at 10,000 posts, but more likely have 30-40K.

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I don’t even wanna know how many posts ive made. 

Well, using the same check I did you have 292 pages at 25 posts per page, so about 7300 minimum, if the loss rate is the same as mine then you probably have 20-30K.

9 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I can’t remember for the life of me how I even found this site.

Dad followed some folks from the sporting news boards and told me about this cool place to talk about Osaka 😑

Still took another year to make an account, but still old enough to remember being 15 being an automatic disqualifier for being right for some folks.  It's surreal spending more then half my life here, then seeing folks that were teenagers, too, still here as well. 

I bet we're closing in on no one under 30 posting here anymore, not just an account, but actually putting their thoughts here instead of facebook, twitter, reddit, or tik tok for example.  That's one of the most different things for me, and I see it everytime there's a "favorite memory" thread.  I've gone from "when we start winning again" to "glad some folks still here" on that issue, honestly.

I'm coming up on 13 years.  I remember joining this board when I was in Switzerland following the Redskins game on ESPN gamecast.  We had a turnover at the goal line and I was so irate, I made a username to ask what exactly happened cuz the gamecast didn't say.  

I feel like message boards are slowly (or quickly) dying in this new age of social media.  The only other board I frequented often died.  I don't even know what message boards exist out there, I've heard about Reddit but the format looks weird and the content is odd.  I am really glad this board exists, it provides some good sociopolitical discourse that I don't get elsewhere in my life cuz I'm a loner.  Some good sports discussions as well.  So bravo.  On another note jesus it is 5:19 am I need to go to bed, stupid school work keeping me up all night I hate it.

Archived