Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Administration Covid Tracker (formerly the Trump got the 'Rona thread)

Barry.Randolphe

3 hours ago, Dan T. said:

That would amazingly irresponsible, bordering on sociopathic.

So yeah, you're probably right.

You have to remember that usually the directions to the truth in a trump scandal is to think of a basic idea that’s just one step over the line, and then go another step

So like in this case, you probably need to add that he probably had covid intentionally injected into him to cause this outbreak. (For whatever reason)

3 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

If so, I am not remembering it the same way. I remember him criticizing the democratic cities being closed. But, honestly there has been so much crap these last 4 years, it is difficult to remember it all to a T.

I am sure there are tweets about it. I'm not going to look

I’m not saying you are wrong.

Separately, Dr Conley should be ashamed of himself. Unless trump was magically cured of civic over the weekend there is no way he is safe to hold events by Saturday.... he’d still be infectious....

8 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I’m not saying you are wrong.

Separately, Dr Conley should be ashamed of himself. Unless trump was magically cured of civic over the weekend there is no way he is safe to hold events by Saturday.... he’d still be infectious....

I didn't think you were. I wasn't being defensive or anything. My apologies if you took it that way. It's all good!

Also, agreed.

I think it's safe to say that absolutely nobody who works directly for Trump can be trusted to tell the whole truth (and when that includes a WH doctor that's a sad state of affairs, but that's where we are nowadays). I wouldn't want Trump anywhere near other people without a completely unbiased and independent 3rd party doctor/clinic giving him an exam and a covid test.

Admiring that what Trump is trying to explain was that absentee ballots should be counted, but other mail in ballots shouldn't.  

Differences between absentee ballots and mail-in ballots:  

1)  One favors Republicans, the other favors Dems.  

2)  . . . . Nope.  Guess that's it.  

9 hours ago, Larry said:

Admiring that what Trump is trying to explain was that absentee ballots should be counted, but other mail in ballots shouldn't.  

Differences between absentee ballots and mail-in ballots:  

1)  One favors Republicans, the other favors Dems.  

2)  . . . . Nope.  Guess that's it.  

Legit question because I don't know the answer and would like to.

If thats the only difference then why are they called separate things?

10 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Colorado, for example, has complete mail-in voting.

Folks who are registered as living in one district but will be out of district on voting day can request an absentee ballot.  That's always been the thing.

What's different is the GOP is trying to purposefully confuse people on the issue. My problem with this...if all these folks have the internet to fall back on for all of their conspiracy theories, then they can legitimately look up **** about voting too and stop spreading bull****.

But that's not what they do. 

18 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Used to be, to vote absentee, you had to have a reason why it was impossible for you to come in in person to vote on election day.  Like, you were committed to not being in the county that day.  

Then laws were passed so that Joe Citizen was allowed to use the same (or similar) procedures to vote, just because he wanted to.  Say, somebody who wasn't going to be in Iraq that day, but he was going to be working 12 hours, and just didn't want to try to vote around that.  

It was passed as a separate law.  They gave it a name.  

I'll also say, in Florida, they aren't treated quite the same, either.  

My "mail in ballot" has to arrive in the elections office by election day, or it doesn't count.  But "absentee ballots" count as long as they're postmarked on election day.  (I/m certain that absentee ballots have different rules that make them harder to toss out has nothing to do with them favoring Republicans.)  

(I also understand that, in California, the rules are different.  There, a mail in ballot is good if it's postmarked on election day.  Which means it's not at all unlikely that California will have more than a million ballots showing up, a week after the election.  The Trumpers tried to claim that this was proof that California was falsifying ballots after the election, to try to steal Trump's rightful winning of the popular vote.)  

Archived