Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Cleveland Football Team

TK

Haskins right now reminds of me a WR who is super physically gifted and will make eye popping catches sometimes, but who runs ****ty routes and who drops easy catches regularly.

He had a few excellent throws today but he also had a ton of really bad ones (including all 3 of the INTs), his footwork and mechanics were (again) completely inconsistent and mostly bad, he was sailing passes and overthrowing guys right and left all day...especially on out routes. I'm curious to see how he'll progress over the next few games as I doubt Ron will bench him right now.

But at the moment he pretty much looks like the same guy as last season for the most part IMO. That's not to say he can't improve, but if he keeps this up his leash is going to get shorter and shorter over time.

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

BecUse he’s letting the team know that if you play like ass for 56 minutes you don’t have any business trying to steal a game in 4.

If that's the case then what the heck is the point of playing? Crazier things have happened. Look at the Cowpukes and their comeback last week. Played like **** most of the game then BOOM. Get outta here with that crap mentality. 

• Like 2

Just now, primetime441 said:

If that's the case then what the heck is the point of playing? Crazier things have happened. Look at the Cowpukes and their comeback last week. Played like **** most of the game then BOOM. Get outta here with that crap mentality. 

will you feel that way if we draft a franchise QB and a good OL next year? 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

While you're not wrong, this reads like someone looking for anything to grasp on to. And I don't blame you in the absolute least for that. 

He has some really bad habits that haven't improved much. That's what you want to see with a young QB struggling.

The positive? He does show glimpses. But he's just not showing the ability to improve.

He's going to get more time. If my theory on Rivera is accurate, that he's focused on process rather than results, he's going to keep letting Haskins play. So if he's going to get it, he's going to get it. If not, there will be no reason not to move on. And Rivera knows that. Agree or disagree with that strategy, it seems like that's what he's doing. 

I’m really not.  This was a horrendous game from Haskins.  Like absolutely terrible.  

All I’m saying is it’s possible Haskins can grow and develop, and even some great QBs had games like this. 

However, here’s what really concerns me about Haskins: he doesn’t hit the open guys he’s throwing at. If there was one thing I think you could say for just about all of the really good QBs, they’re accurate from the get go.  And he is not.  

If that doesn’t improve fast, then honestly there’s no hope.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I was right one ****ing game win season..we ****ing suck ****ing piss me off ****ing ****

Yeah! **** this **** ass, no QBing having ass, no timeout taking ass, under .500 for the first time in 40+ years ass, terrible owner having ass, only reason for watching ass rookie getting hurt ass, never going to be good again ass ho bag ass team!!

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

1 minute ago, primetime441 said:

The Cowboys are actually a talented team with a good QB who can help get them back in games though. We're not.

I HATE to have to say it, but it's true. 

• Thanks 1

Rivera re: timeouts:  I did what I did, my concern is about the development of the football team not appeasing anyone's opinion.  You have to be realistic about injuries; look at the injuries around the league.  We're gonna learn and grow and we're gonna learn and grow my way.

- paraphrasing

Edited by NewCliche21
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I have not claimed he sucks or doesn’t suck.  I have said we have no idea yet.  

Shrug.  I was against the pick when they made it.  I have absolutely no horse in this race.  I don’t honestly care. If Rivera moves to Somebody else next week I wouldn’t give a hoot.  

Are you kidding? There is a search function on this site. You still claimed Jason Campbell didn’t suck as recently at the end of last season. 

quote from Twitter on Ron's presser on what he told DH:

"Im behind you and Im going to stick with you"

so for everyone calling for Allen or pulling your hair out, buckle up. it'll be a bumpy 2020. but honestly, Ron already told us that 47 times this year. if DH can turn the ball over like he did today that results in 21 opposition pts and that's not a reason to bench him, than Haskins is your starting QB for the year. 

i get it, what 10th career NFL start. it'll be ugly, there will he highs and lows. but my god can they work with him on the simple things like mechanics?? please, help him help you. what good is grasp of the playbook and a rocket if the basics are ****.

and on we go...

I really wish we had a solid veteran QB that wasn't injury prone just so Dwayne can ride the bench and learn. I wanted him benched at least 2 years out of college and it seems all he's playing off of is raw arm strength and this odd swag that hovers around self-entitlement just because he was taken in the first round and is currently the starting QB.

I have faith, but the faith tank is close to E.

5 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

You can't teach accuracy. You have it or you don't. His mechanics are still awful, but he doesn't seem to be capable of consistently throwing accurate passes. 

Bingo.  Inaccurate and his footwork is awful.  He’s thoroughly incapable of moving in the pocket while keeping his shoulders square.  Throws off his back foot all the time.  

Guys who had rough beginnings but ended up great may have had issues forcing things early on but the glaring inaccuracy wasn’t an issue and the mechanics were there.  

I’m really torn bc I think a responsible organization lets Haskins play it out to make damn sure there’s nothing there after the investment we made. (unless he ****s his pants every week like he did today of course, you can’t let that go on for months).

But as a selfish fan I know this team would probably be more fun to watch with Allen operating the offense closer to its intended function, even if he has no ceiling to speak of and it wouldn’t help us long term. But the games would be more fun, in the moment, to watch. And he’s got some moxie and the ability to occasionally surprise you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

**** this **** ass, no QBing having ass, no timeout taking ass, under .500 for the first time in 40+ years ass, terrible owner having ass, only reason for watching ass rookie getting hurt ass, never going to be good again ass ho bag team!!

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

quote from Twitter on Ron's presser on what he told DH:

"Im behind you and Im going to stick with you"

so for everyone calling for Allen or pulling your hair out, buckle up. it'll be a bumpy 2020. but honestly, Ron already told us that 47 times this year. if DH can turn the ball over like he did today that results in 21 opposition pts and that's not a reason to bench him, than Haskins is your starting QB for the year. 

i get it, what 10th career NFL start. it'll be ugly, there will he highs and lows. but my god can they work with him on the simple things like mechanics?? please, help him help you. what good is grasp of the playbook and a rocket if the basics are ****.

and on we go...

Wait what?  Calling for Allen?  Bruce Allen?  As in want him back?