Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Depth Chart Released

Master Blaster

1 hour ago, Vanguard said:

Ive been saying since last year Matt should be a starter.  He is our best interior pass rusher.

They'll play plenty.  On that interior, I dont know that it makes a difference who gets listed at starter.  They'll all get their fair share of snaps.

29 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Any word on when we're selecting team captains? My picks:

Offense - Dwayne Haskins, Terry McLaurin 

Defense - Jonathan Allen, Landon Collins

ST - Tress Way, Deshazor Everett 

They may want to give Haskins another year before giving him the rank. Haskins is a defacto team leader simply because he's the qb but a lot of responsibility comes with being an actual team captain.

Team captain is not a ceremonial role on well run teams. It's more than just running out for the coin toss and giving an occasional pre-game "let's get 'em" speach.

He's essentially the main conduit between the locker room and the head coach. He's expected to help acclimate the rookies to the NFL. To be that guy in the locker room that you can always go to with a personal or professional problem. To be available 24/7 if needed for his teammates. To decide what the coach needs to hear about and what is better handled by the players. To be the arbiter in disputes and the voice of reason. A job many are attracted to but few do well.

Simba has enough on his plate right now without the added responsibility of having to take on such a potentially demanding added burden.

That said I'd go with:

Offensive Captains: Moses and McLaurin (He's that rare 2nd year player that commands respect.)

Defensive Captains: Allen and either Bostic or Landon

Special Teams: Tress Way and Thomas Davis Sr.(Who Rivera trusts implicitly) 

Haskins will be voted a team captain, I’d bank on it. Everyone respects the work he’s put in and yeah, he’s the starting potentially franchise QB. That obviously matters or else our 3rd string QB would undoubtedly be voted team captain, and stuff like that doesn’t really happen.

4 hours ago, WilberMarshall said:

Will be interesting to see their Nickel package.

Been hearing that their 'base' package is actually Nickel and not the regular 4-3.

Will be looking forward to the snap count as the season wears on. 

Everyone’s nickel is their base defense - teams are in sub on over 60% of snaps league wide. Mainly because offenses are in 3 wide on over 60% of snaps. When you also factor in short yardage/goalline and some dime looks teams are typically in a ‘base’ 4-3 or 3-4 on maybe 15% of snaps. 

9 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

My point was that relying on free agency for WR and TE is a scary proposition so we agree.

Gary Clark was the last elite WR we drafted high, we seem to hit via big in the draft maybe once a decade on average).  During Danny's time, we've drafted 5 WR in the first two rounds, all were busts or no better than JAG.  Over the period, our best WR were FAs or trades (Coles, Moss, Garcon and Jackson) although McClaurin may change that. and Crowder was good as long as he wasn't a number 1. TE history (both our own and in the overall NFL) indicates that it is as likely we'll have success finding one high in the draft as the guy is currently on the roster or a good enough one can be found late in the draft or off the street.

4 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

Gary Clark was the last elite WR we drafted high, we seem to hit via big in the draft maybe once a decade on average).  During Danny's time, we've drafted 5 WR in the first two rounds, all were busts or no better than JAG.  Over the period, our best WR were FAs or trades (Coles, Moss, Garcon and Jackson) although McClaurin may change that. and Crowder was good as long as he wasn't a number 1. TE history (both our own and in the overall NFL) indicates that it is as likely we'll have success finding one high in the draft as the guy is currently on the roster or a good enough one can be found late in the draft or off the street.

the last best WR we drafted-drafted was Monk. Clark was a pick in the Supplemental Draft of USFL and CFL players

I would go Scherff and Moses for the offensive captains.  Most senior members on that side of the ball.  Smith does make some sense too from a respect and locker room presence perspective, but he might never play again.  It should definitely be someone who is out there on the field this year.

I like Allen and Collins as the defensive captains too.  IMO they've earned the right.  Davis is certainly qualified but he just got here and SDH is starting over him presumably.

It'd be cool if SDH was voted a captain.

6 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I would go Scherff and Moses for the offensive captains.  Most senior members on that side of the ball.  Smith does make some sense too from a respect and locker room presence perspective, but he might never play again.  It should definitely be someone who is out there on the field this year.

I like Allen and Collins as the defensive captains too.  IMO they've earned the right.  Davis is certainly qualified but he just got here and SDH is starting over him presumably.

It'd be cool if SDH was voted a captain.

12 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Bravely going behind enemy iines...

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/here-is-your-first-look-at-the-eagles-unofficial-depth-chart

Richard Rodgers is their 3rd TE.

He was beat out by Marcus Baugh as our 3rd TE

Eh. He was only brought in to get some inside info. I wouldn’t be shocked he’s cut by monday

15 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Bravely going behind enemy iines...

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/here-is-your-first-look-at-the-eagles-unofficial-depth-chart

Richard Rodgers is their 3rd TE.

He was beat out by Marcus Baugh as our 3rd TE

Glad you made it back safe! Be careful in Eagles territory for they are foul untamed heathen creatures that feast on the flesh of their enemies.

Strangely, they say the same about us.

The question in the book was about teamwork

Answer: The missionaries were Eagles fans in disguise. The cannibals never even made it to the boat. 

On 9/8/2020 at 12:14 PM, wilco_holland said:

I'm sorry but this O is the most unimpressive depth chart ever. 😂 I can already see the messages comming on my phone. "Who is that guy? And that?"

its absolutely shocking when you see the O depth chart.  Most teams can look at their depth charts, and they try to identify the holes or the pro-bowl caliber guys.  With us, you're just struggling to find a starter, anywhere.   Man.  We're putting our young QB in situation where he gotta play like a legend just to get an average offense going. 

4 hours ago, Koala said:

its absolutely shocking when you see the O depth chart.  Most teams can look at their depth charts, and they try to identify the holes or the pro-bowl caliber guys.  With us, you're just struggling to find a starter, anywhere.   Man.  We're putting our young QB in situation where he gotta play like a legend just to get an average offense going. 

If you're struggling to find a starter, you're not paying attention. McLaurin, Scherff are potential pro bowlers, Rouhlier is a decent center; Haskins, Gibson, Sims have shown a TON of promise--but lack experience. McKissic should be solid, at least. We still have complete unknowns with promise in Love and AGG. I'm not saying we;re going to score a ton of points and have a top 10 offense, but we will be better than people think--it'll be really difficult to be worse.

8 minutes ago, ultravin said:

cam sims has been activated from the practice squad?  did the team release someone?

No, Covid rules allow two players to be called up to be active for games from the practice squad without having to go through waivers to go back on it after the game. This can only be done twice per player for the season. 

Archived