Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: Bannon charged with fraud over Mexico border wall

No Excuses

16 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

He will do it in advance. Ford pardoned Nixon before any of the charges against Nixon could go to trial.

I would assume Trump will do the same thing.

That's right, I forgot about that. Wonder when he tries to pardon himself?

Edited by Skintime

Seems to me that such a pardon wouldn’t hold up in court.  I mean, for one, pardons are meant to right wrongs/injustices, but just the ramifications of that sort of power “I pardon all registered Democrats of all crimes they have or have not yet been charged with”, are ridiculous and go so far outside the bounds of a/our democracy.  Or so it seems to me.  

23 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Seems to me that such a pardon wouldn’t hold up in court.  I mean, for one, pardons are meant to right wrongs/injustices, but just the ramifications of that sort of power “I pardon all registered Democrats of all crimes they have or have not yet been charged with”, are ridiculous and go so far outside the bounds of a/our democracy.  Or so it seems to me.  

The precedent was already set with Nixon, though.  If he could be pardoned, I don't see why other folks in the political ring couldn't be.

Edited by PokerPacker

11 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

The precedent was already set with Nixon, though.  If he could be pardoned, I don't see why other folks in the political ring couldn't be.

I really think it depends what people want to do. Trump has committed enough state crimes that he could still be prosecuted and jailed for life for crimes that a Presidential pardon couldn't touch.

40 minutes ago, drowland said:

Haha someone in the youtube comment section linked to a part of the video where Bannon "jokes" Kolfage took a million from the fund to buy a yacht.  🤣

It's five posts up ^^^. 

The irony is delicious.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dan T. said:

This is from June 2109:

The way he looked at Bannon after he said that **** is priceless. It’s going down as one of my favorite memories of his entire thing. Assuming the wine doesn’t work and I remember things. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I’ll admit I am not too clear on how things played out with the Nixon pardon.  I certainly wouldn’t argue that Trump can be pardoned, The sticking point for me is can you receive a pardon before being charged with anything (and will it hold up to a court challenge).  Of course, I’d also ask if precedent was set by the courts vs being set by Ford.  Big difference, IMO.  

From another Borowitz Report article:

“Donald J. Trump’s stellar reputation for mental acuity took a hit on Thursday when he failed a cognitive test in which he was asked to remember Steve Bannon.”

According to the White House physician, Trump was shown several pictures and asked to identify them, including ones of a woman, a man, a camera, a TV, and Steve Bannon.

“He nailed woman, man, camera, and TV but drew a blank when it came to Steve Bannon,” the physician said. “He said he was unfamiliar with that picture and could not remember ever seeing that person before.”

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/trump-fails-cognitive-test-when-asked-to-remember-steve-bannon

• Haha 10