Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its disgusting but at the very least it seems like Snyder is taking steps to remedy it by firing a lot of the people and bringing in new leadership. He just needs to let them do their thing.

We are way past that now. History shows us that he will NEVER let people just "do their thing." He is the source of all that is wrong with this team and will continue to be, and this will never, ever, ever end as long as he's still there. That's why the NFL would be insane not to act. If they want to keep dealing with these gut shots to their operation because of one pathetic, little man, I guarantee they're going to get them. Eventually, they are going to have to be considered complicit in all this. Might be there already. 

Edited by Dissident2
  • Like 1

Just now, tshile said:

The original story isn’t paywalled

carpenters summary is

you can get around the paywall by using private browsing. Not hard not new. 

and the people putting in the work you want to read also have bills to pay. Do you work for free?

christ

Mind explaining how to use private browsing then, instead of being completely rude? 

i dont think it’s too much to ask that if people want to just read one article without subscribing, it should be doable. But whatever...😑

• Like 1

Larry Michael is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. 

Kinda why they had to distance themselves from any former people who worked around him the booth like Cooley...and poor Doc had to lose his spot as a consequence. 

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's beyond salacious stories.  His part in the culture there is very evident in that story.   That was leg three in these stories about women.  100 employees as sources is a lot.

I agree that him not being liked has nothing to do with being removed as an owner but it might have some relevance if he wants his fellow owner's benefit of the doubt.

Galdi and Doc didn't think the last story would do Dan in.  they seem to think this story might.  I don't think it's just some fan pipe dream right now where we are being far fetched.    It's not a given.   But at the moment, I think there is a fighting chance.

Creating and distributing nude videos of girls without their knowledge is ridiculous! Pimping out a girl to a client or whomever is unreal. I'm with you, this needs to be the final straw and that opinion has nothing to do with the fact that he sucks as an owner or is a tough boss. Those latter items aren't anyone else's business...but the things this article mentions can not be tolerated. Ever. Disgusting...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Mind explaining how to use private browsing then, instead of being completely rude? 

i dont think it’s too much to ask that if people want to just read one article without subscribing, it should be doable. But whatever...😑

Enough, please.

If you have Amazon Prime it's like $4 a month. If you don't want to do that, fine. Don't complain it's not free for everyone. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I have BILLS to pay, i pay for transportation to and from work, i dont want to pay for a subscription, it’s stupid that people can’t just read an online news article without subscribing. I dont think I’m wrong in having that opinion 🤷🏻‍♂️

I would prefer to have lots of things I’m interested in for free. Obviously. I don’t feel entitled to it of course but it would be nice. It’s just not always possible. Some things are worth supporting with money. Good journalism is one of those things. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

It requires 3/4 of the owners to force another owner to sell. That's not happening. Sexual harassment probably happens in almost every other organization(but perhaps not to this extent)and they won't set that precedent.

Its disgusting but at the very least it seems like Snyder is taking steps to remedy it by firing a lot of the people and bringing in new leadership. He just needs to let them do their thing.

That's quite a stretch with that statement, I highly doubt owners would be aware of the sexual harassment that happens if it did because it wouldn't be done in their presence. If the actions are known I bet the person would immediately be fired. This is a culture that is supercharged by our owner, other owners are probably pissed and disgusted because now there are people like you assuming that all NFL teams are like this to some extent. He's damaging the image of the entire league. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FS#21 said:

Larry Michael is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. 

Kinda why they had to distance themselves from any former people who worked around him the booth like Cooley...and poor Doc had to lose his spot as a consequence. 

Actually, he's not dumb. He's sleazy. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just listened to Liz Clark speaking about it, some of it.

They have possession of the videos which they were willing to share with the team but they declined to see them.

The lewd sexual video was mostly outtakes where cheerleaders were naked when they weren't supposed to be, dropped their shirt too far -- or something like that.   One source described the video being done for management,the other saying it was specifically for Dan. 

They outlined all of this to the team about 8 days ago to give them an opportunity to respond to the allegations in play.  They didn't respond.  So the WP finally decided to publish the story. 

I would think that whoever took those videos without consent would be committing some sort of crime?

• Like 1

I think we're getting pretty close to Jerry Richardson territory, here. And remember, Richardson was highly respected among owners before the sleaze came out. And really, I believe the accusations here against Snyder are at least as bad as those leveled at Richardson.

Snyder is good at survival, so who knows. I'd say the other owners have the ammunition they need, if they choose. If it went down, it'd probably be a quiet thing without an actual vote. 

• Like 2

Oh and let’s please hear more about how involved Tanya Snyder is now, and how she cares so much about women

i want to know what she thinks about her husband directly trying to coax cheerleaders into sleeping with his buddies. And having videos of them naked made for him. 

im sure she’s gonna be thrilled to read that one. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Listening to the reporter who wrote the story he said the women he talked to who ended up working for another NFL team thought when moving on maybe that's just the culture at other NFL teams too but found that not to be the case at all, and learned it's a Redskins Park thing.

The WP writers asked Dan's people to furnish them some women who worked closely with Dan with the idea of hearing maybe a different (positive side?) about working there.  And they declined to do so. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Listening to the reporter on 980 is interesting, especially with this video thing. 

So they have two people from different years talking about different videos, all of them showing nude cheerleaders from the calendar shoots. Apparently this wasn't a one-time thing. Both say that they were told that Snyder asked Larry to have these made, and then Larry told the subordinates to make them. One other person said that Larry didn't mention Snyder when he was told to make them. The reporter then said that question will have to be answered, because lawsuits are about to happen. 

So this could get even more interesting ... will Larry take the fall for his boss, like some kind of mafia goon? Or will he flip and admit it was Snyder who asked for these? If Larry takes the blame, he'll probably be the one who gets sued. Man, I want to stop thinking about these scenarios. Enjoy the ongoing spectacle, NFL. 

Edited by Dissident2

4 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Listening to the reporter on 980 is interesting, especially with this video thing. 

So they have two people from different years talking about different videos, all of them showing nude cheerleaders from the calendar shoots. Apparently this wasn't a one-time thing. Both say that they were told that Snyder asked Larry to have these made, and then Larry told the subordinates to make them. One other person said that Larry didn't mention Snyder when he was told to make them. The reporter then said that question will have to be answered, because lawsuits are about to happen. 

So this could get even more interesting ... will Larry take the fall for his boss, like some kind of mafia goon? Or will he flip and admit it was Snyder who asked for these? If Larry takes the blame, he'll probably be the one who gets sued. Man, I want to stop thinking about these scenarios. Enjoy the ongoing spectacle, NFL. 

I'm sure Dan took care of Larry's pockets when he was allowed to "resign". I seriously doubt he'll turn heel on his pal.

Especially when talking about a professional football team that was supposed to act like professionals and was often anything but.

The toxic culture was easy to observe and sense. Cases of Coors Light, the preferred coffee of a certain former President would often be rolled right past my studio door in the lobby of the building.

A macho culture of arrogance and power often filled the air.

Anger and hostility was a constant theme on Monday's after another bad loss or constant dysfunction.

...The count of sexual harassment is now up to 25 women according to The Post.

I have talked with several recently and over the years that have mentioned many of the nightmare stories that have been reported on by The Post. There's also more that have not come forward. 

There were 17 women in the original report and now eight additional women have come forward in a variety of ways. Some with their name, some without.

https://www.si.com/nfl/washingtonfootball/news/wapo-more-allegations-on-toxic-culture-for-washington-football-team