Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Upgrading doesn’t mean we already have an OL. Upgrading means to upgrade from what we currently have. Even if the offensive line we have now is awful, getting better players is 100% an upgrade. 

I believe you missed the sarcasm from my post...

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I could see Rivera trading up and mortgaging the future to get a QB this upcoming draft. He hasn't done it in the past but now the roster feels like its good enough to win with if it can get a QB. On top of that, it buys him some time with the new ownership.

I don’t see Ron doing that but if a new owner is approved in March; they could do that but it’s likely Ron will have his 23 qb on the team by the time a new owner takes over.

I believe Ron’s in a win now mode and I don’t see that happening with Sam or a rookie; hence my belief he goes the veteran route again.  It will be Carson or some other veteran.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

This is why I am pushing hard for Team Jay-Zos. We will have the most technologically advanced team in a few years.

Well, they'd have that capability and the resources to employ as much technology as they want to. They'd still need to properly hire the right staff and ensure that the organizational philosophy permeates down through the team. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

16 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I don’t see Ron doing that but if a new owner is approved in March; they could do that but it’s likely Ron will have his 23 qb on the team by the time a new owner takes over.

I believe Ron’s in a win now mode and I don’t see that happening with Sam or a rookie; hence my belief he goes the veteran route again.  It will be Carson or some other veteran.

Ah, yes...the vaunted and perennial "Win now mode" that this team employs by taking a huge chance on another team's failed QB.  Ron's gonna die on the hill that gives us the narrowest path to victory.  SMDH.

I can't wait to get an owner and FO that actually has the long-term in mind for this franchise, and has the guts to draft and build around a blue chip QB prospect like most of the NFL teams do.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Redwards said:

Ah, yes...the vaunted and perennial "Win now mode" that this team employs by taking a huge chance on another team's failed QB.  Ron's gonna die on the hill that gives us the narrowest path to victory.  SMDH.

I can't wait to get an owner and FO that actually has the long-term in mind for this franchise, and has the guts to draft and build around a blue chip QB prospect like most of the NFL teams do.  

That's the main problem with retread/good ol' boy coaches...they know how easy it is to lose that first coaching gig, so they need to prove that they can win NOW at the expense of actually developing a roster over 2-3 years. This leads them to jam square pegs into the round holes of their 'system' (like Del Rio earlier this year)..this leads them to make stupid QB choices like this team continues to make...

And all we keep hearing is:

"We're so close",

"We're just one player away", and

"We finally have ourselves a quarterback."

Meanwhile, the rest of the team flounders because their positions have been neglected. And now we're on our 23rd straight season without 10+ wins, and 30th season without 11+ wins...

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

28 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

And now we're on our 23rd straight season without 10+ wins, and 30th season without 11+ wins...

……2012 was 23 seasons ago? That’s some funky math…… (2012 we were 10-6, and 2005—also not 23 years ago——we were 10-6 that year too). 10-6 is 10+ wins.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Zim489 said:

anyone wanna guess where we rank?

It's a cool stat, but it also begs the question of who analyzes which team uses the most analysis? Is it a certain percentage for each team official who has "data analyst" on his name tag? Do the number of computers in the building get factored in? Does the ratio of calculators to computers influence this rating?

ESPN did a survey to figure this out. So what did they actually do? Pass around a questionnaire telling team officials to rate their teams on a 1-10 level how "analytically inclined" they are?

I don't doubt that analyzing data is important and leads to positive results. I do doubt closed off surveys that offer readers no..... data.

• Like 2

No blowing up? I don’t care what the new owner/Gm/coach do to get us winning regularly.  If they need to blow things up, do be it.

If we get a new coach in 24; it’s likely a good chunk of the roster will be turned over until he has his team. That happens when a new guy takes over.

• Like 1

Do you think someone will sit down and "look at the analytics" and then decide to trade a 3rd and another 3rd that might become a 2nd for Carson Wentz to us? Too bad they can't make deals with themselves.

22 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Wild speculation on my part - I think Rivera has ‘insider’ knowledge of the progress to date on the sale process and knows he’s going to be moved on in the offseason.

I think that's unlikely. I think he gets another year. The sale won't be completed in time to look for a GM and then let that new GM hire a new coaching staff. I'd rather roll with another year and get the process right then speed it up.

But hopefully the new owner gives instructions to accumulate some draft capital for 2024 for the new regime.

6 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Wild speculation on my part - I think Rivera has ‘insider’ knowledge of the progress to date on the sale process and knows he’s going to be moved on in the offseason.

Doubt it. You keep the tent small when it comes to M&A. Jason Wright is probably in the loop as is the finance team and some other business leaders but I highly doubt the football leader would be

1 minute ago, method man said:

Doubt it. You keep the tent small when it comes to M&A. Jason Wright is probably in the loop as is the finance team and some other business leaders but I highly doubt the football leader would be

I personally think Rivera is viewed as much more than a football leader to be honest. I also think if Jason Wright knows something, Rivera will too.  

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

I personally think Rivera is viewed as much more than a football leader to be honest. I also think if Jason Wright knows something, Rivera will too.  

He won’t. Wright would be brought in to help with coordinating diligence. While Rivera may have been brought into management meetings to meet with buyers and while he may be in the loop at a high level, I don’t know why Dan or Bank of America would share the details with him

I'm looking for potential GM candidates. I like Jeff Ireland because the way he ran the Saints scouting department, I believe this is the most important part of the team.

Being able able to select the good players will help build a strong core and a future winner. He could also help colnvincing Sean Payton to get onboard.

If only things could really speed up so they could both work on the upcoming draft, just wishful thinking though.

Jacqueline Davidson Buccaneers

Adam Peters 49ers

See at 1:10 ;)

Edited by FrFan

11 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

No blowing up? I don’t care what the new owner/Gm/coach do to get us winning regularly.  If they need to blow things up, do be it.

If we get a new coach in 24; it’s likely a good chunk of the roster will be turned over until he has his team. That happens when a new guy takes over.

Yeah.

What a lot of people don't seem to realize or want to realize is that when a team has been built with the narrowest path to victory, the way Ron has done with us, getting us back on track can be painful.

We have to undo some of what Ron did.  And that means taking a step or two back (by losing a few players we would like to keep to trades so we can better position ourselves to select a real QB prospect) so that we can then give ourselves a REAL CHANCE at taking a huge, meaningful leap forwards.  Ron's way CLEARLY hasn't worked.  He's failed miserably.  We're no better now than three years ago.  The results prove that.  You can't argue it.  It's just painful fact.

This exact situation was easy to see coming when Ron stated how he wanted to go about building the team and finding a QB later.  It's painful, it sucks, but in most cases is inevitable.

This organization under Snyder has NEVER been willing or able to take smart, calculated steps backwards in order to set up a very good chance at a great future.  The Eagles did it and they play in our own division.   They're a great example.

A lot of people don't want to face up to that or try to convince themselves it isn't needed.  Ron's put us in a bad place.

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 3