Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

35 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I don't think Snyder 'turned his back' on the old guys so much as he just pi$$ed them off with his toxic, narcissistic abuse. Remember Riggins said Snyder had a "dark heart"...all the way back in 2009!

When I say "turned his back" I mean that he never really seemed to do anything to honor those teams, players, or coaches (outside of Gibbs). Why have 4, 5, or 6 different Sean Taylor things through the years and disproportionately few number of celebrations honoring Super Bowl champions, Hall of Fame players, and all-time greats? Sean Taylor was taken far too soon and the circumstances around his death were horribly tragic, but he played on average teams and was nothing more than "good" player who "might have" turned into a great player. 

This organization has a rich history and Snyder grew up watching some of those teams. Why not tap into that and honor that tradition more often? I think THAT'S the criticism here...not jealousy and certainly nothing to disparage Taylor or his memory. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

"the buttocks. Also called butt, bum (British term), ass, arse (British term), bottom (child's word), booty, behind, tushie (or tushy), tokhes (Yiddish, pronounced TUH-khuhs), nates (pronounced NAY-teez), rear end, heinie, fanny, can, duff, fundament, posterior, nalgas (Spanish for "buttocks," pronounced NAHL-gahs), culo (Spanish for "ass," pronounced KOO-loh), wazoo.

My grandma used to call a butt a TUDDY."

alternative on Urban Dictionary
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tuddy

or this

A racial and ethnic insult against Pakistani cricket players - predominantly used by Ajmer cricket fans.

We should've had that Tuddy (TD).

21 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I keep seeing stuff about the Hogs vs. Snyder on Twitter and now it looks like Sean Taylor is getting dragged into it. 

I can’t tell wtf is going on. Can anyone summarize?

The Redskins trademarked the Hogs in the 80s.  Didn't bother to renew in the 90s through now.  Some of the players joined to trademark the Hogs.  They should get approved in a couple of weeks or so for it.  They want money for using their trademark now. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Ok so I agree that the Organisation screws everything up....however...I personally find the ‘WHY’ element of the ‘original HOGS’ statement quite contradictory....it’s just about money, right? 

It was never about money for them until Snyder tried to use their likeness to score points with the remnants of the fanbase and make money off of it.

Why wouldn’t they do what they’ve done?  Why would they let Dan Snyder control their legacy and burn it to the ground like everything else he’s ever touched?

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It was never about money for them until Snyder tried to use their likeness to score points with the remnants of the fanbase and make money off of it.

Why wouldn’t they do what they’ve done?  Why would they let Dan Snyder control their legacy and burn it to the ground like everything else he’s ever touched?

I don't mind them raking Dan through the coals.  But I'll say listening to their lawyer, he was blunt, he basically was saying the trademark is owned by them now, they'd happily back off and let Dan do what he wants with it but they believe they should be compensated for it because of the combination of them fostering that legacy and now they own the trademark to boot so they Commanders neds to pay them a licensing fee. 

No question Dan was terrible to alumni and abused this team's legacy.  But I get the impression listening to their lawyer that its money they want.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't mind them raking Dan through the coals.  But I'll say listening to their lawyer, he was blunt, he basically was saying the trademark is owned by them now, they'd happily back off and let Dan do what he wants with it but they believe they should be compensated for it because of the combination of them fostering that legacy and now they own the trademark to boot so they Commanders neds to pay them a licensing fee. 

No question Dan was terrible to alumni and abused this team's legacy.  But I get the impression listening to their lawyer that its money they want.

Right.

My only point was they hadn’t been trying to capitalize monetarily off of it until they learned Dan was trying use it for his own gain.  Which is why I don’t blame them for their strategy.  Why let him make money off your likeness and you get nothing for it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

My prediction: The new owner will pay $$$ to bring in either Jim Harbaugh or Sean Payton away from their day jobs.  And if we don't get Jim H, Irsay will hire him.

Please no...

Hire a GM for the love of god. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Redwards said:

I'm all for the new owner just changing the colors.  I'm not necessarily advocating for it, but I would in no way be upset.

The Redskins and everything that came before is dead.  It'll never come back.  All of these efforts of trying to marry to past to the present just don't work.  It's turned into a freaking pot luck of ****.  

A TRUE start-over approach is just fine with me.  

Completely agree.  Or go back to "Football Team" and keep colors and traditions.  "Hail to the Commanders" is ridiculous and eye roll material.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 2

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I just listened to the hogs lawyer talk about it on 106.7

He seemed to leak that the mascot will be called Tutty the Hog.

I know for some all is forgiven as to Dan if we get a cute mascot. 😀

Dan? Oh no. Oh nooo. The mental image of Dan saying “tutty”  makes me want to barf. I can’t help but think of him saying it with cupped hands. This is a mascot to scandal and congressional investigations. No I do not like this.

18 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I don't. Isn't it easier to say TD?

Well “tuddy” rolls off the tongue easier than “tee-dee”. But yeah, if you listen to mic’d up clips around the league you’ll hear players saying it. In fact, I think I recall hearing Antonio Gibson saying it in some mic’d up segment from a while back. It’s a “hip” term among the kids these days.

I actually like using a Hog as the mascot and “tuddy” is a fine name. The Caps mascot is a bald eagle named “Slapshot”. This is basically the same thing.

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1