Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Albert Breer who is connected nationally to say the least, just on 106.7.

Called it a neutron bomb -- Irsay's comments

Thinks there is more power from this to coming from Irsay considering his own baggage, implying you got dirt on me, bring it on

Breer reads Dan's defiant comments about how he won't sell is basically daring the other owners to vote him out -- suggesting he's not going to make it easy on them

A long time executive told Breer that he thinks maybe Jerry would have to go to Dan and ask him to sell

Doesn't know if Dan has allies.  Owners are tired of taking bullets for him.  He wouldn't be surprised if Rivera and Jason Wright are tired of taking bullets either.

Breer thinks Dan not dealing with the bullets himself in the public arena and having others do it for him publicly including the fellow owners is gutless.

Yeah, I don't think the rest of the owners are going to hesitate to vote him out.  I think they'll all reassure each other that if Dan goes nuclear and starts attacking with PI info and other sordid tales that nobody will turn on the others and work to get them kicked out, too.  

I would assume that they're all forming allegiances and making sure they have each others backs, etc.  Just getting their houses in order before they vote Snyder out. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

17 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, I don't think the rest of the owners are going to hesitate to vote him out.  I think they'll all reassure each other that if Dan goes nuclear and starts attacking with PI info and other sordid tales that nobody will turn on the others and work to get them kicked out, too.  

I would assume that they're all forming allegiances and making sure they have each others backs, etc.  Just getting their houses in order before they vote Snyder out. 

Man this **** went from zero to Scorsese real quick.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

39 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, I don't think the rest of the owners are going to hesitate to vote him out

If it got to a vote I think it ends up being unanimous. You don’t want to be one of the few saying no and then being leaked 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

28 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I think we need to ramp up the pressure. Where was that list of sponsors with the form letter? We need to do that **** again.

Pepsi

Fedex

That’s really the only two I know. 

What would really help is some of the other owners or more high profile former players would come out ripping him. I guess I should just be happy that the big news sites are on it but can you imagine how much more damage it would be if others would join in with Irsay.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

If it got to a vote I think it ends up being unanimous. You don’t want to be one of the few saying no and then being leaked 

100%. Imo this won’t go to an official vote until they know behind closed doors that they’ve got the 24 votes. And once they’ve got the 24 votes, the rest will vote with them just to avoid being singled out as a supporter of such a horrible dude when the way the wind is blowing is obvious. It’ll be unanimous if it comes to a vote. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

What would really help is some of the other owners or more high profile former players would come out ripping him. I guess I should just be happy that the big news sites are on it but can you imagine how much more damage it would be if others would join in with Irsay.

TBH my uninformed yet loud ass believes that the journalists don't publish this without the explicit consent of the owners.  As Snyder has shown, you can go radio silent and still be an owner, the media isn't required access to the owners.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Only partly.

Ron went out of his way to directly address the angle that he was the one that studied to identify if Wentz was a fit. His rant was not just a defense of Wentz himself, but also an umbrella to cover Snyder, who was accused of having a heavy hand in the QB process.

While Wright came to the defense of an employee, it was to alleviate the idea that the employee was hired by Snyder, after said employee displayed an "appetite" for supporting Dan.

Both situations do present some form of cover for an employee, but they also represent dudes taking some heat off their boss.

I don't think he was doing it to take the heat off Dan. Wentz has a notoriously fragile ego and imo, he was trying to defend Wentz and tell him publicly that he was "wanted" despite all the rumors, same thing he has been harping on all off-season since acquiring him. He didn't say "Dan doesn't deserve this.", he said Carson didn't. My two cents.

Edited by CarlH
I see now that this same point has already been made by multiple posters and I apologize for beating a dead horse

6 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

=Report of Dan hiring PIs

Look where that got Ike! Pop on the forehead 😂.
image.gif.bb6ab70b80af56becb1f4ed1648ff97a.gif

Top 5 greatest movie of all time. Easily one of my favorites.  I know every line, even my wife watches with me now and fusses at me to shut up so she can hear.

"I don take no lip from no bartenders neither!"

Edited by lovemaskins
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

2 hours ago, Zim489 said:

Ehh, I'm not sure.

2 hours ago, skinzplay said:

It will be unanimous.

Well that settles it!

Edited by NewCliche21
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This story keeps getting wackier. 

The guy was just on the Ziggy and Thurston radio show explaining what happened after he contacted the Commanders.

The team first said they would wire the money to his bank immediately. Two hours later after no deposit was made he called them back and they apologized, at first saying their bank account was down for maintenance and later admitting they were "temporarily" locked out by the FBI on an unrelated investigation.

Then they said they would immediately send a courier to him with the cash.

An hour later a huge hulking guy in a trench coat wearing sunglasses shows up at the door  hands him a brown paper sack and asks him to sign a document saying he was paid in full and releasing The Commanders from all  liability.

He counts the money but there's only 4 thousand in the bag. He says, "Where's the rest?"

The courier responds, "You know how it works. You get $4,000 in cash, plus some product for you to move on the streets for the rest."

He says, "Product? What the hell are you talking about I won a charitable raffle fair and square!"

The courier says, "That's not how Mr  Snyder does business. Your lucky to get the four grand. Now sign the release so I can get outta here."

"This is crazy I'm an American you can't do this.  I'm gonna call my lawyer and sue you guys!"

The courier responds, "You can try but that would make Mr Snyder very angry and when he gets angry accidents start happening-- bone breaking accidents if you get my drift."

The raffle winner responds, "Huh?"

"Look kid if you know what's good for you you'll take the 4k and be happy you got something. Just sign the damn release. Later tonight someone will bring a package by when the coast is clear. You go out on the street, make some quick moves and zip bam boom before you know it you got yourself another 10 Gs maybe a bit more, Ok?"

The raffle winner says, "Uhm I guess so." Then sheepishly signs the release.

The courier smiles and says, "Wise decision. Now we'll also be sending you more product on behalf of Mr Snyder every week. A friend of ours will stop by to work out the terms of your long term employment and to get Mr Snyder's cut of your weekly earnings. Two rules to keep you healthy-- never be late in your payments and never be short on your cash. Have a pleasant day."

Then he leaves.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 9