Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

28 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I think Dan had to move quickly on Ron because the Giants were going to have an opening and Gettleman was there.

Doesn’t mean Ron would’ve went there. Ron wanted the power and he got at the only place that would give it to him.

The fact Dan went with Ron, shows he will never go the route of a real Gm and having that Gm hire the coach. Only Gm Dan wants are puppets.

I've been doing some research and I have a theory on what's coming next....this is assuming Rivera doesn't turn this around....

We interviewed Rick Smith prior to hiring Ron.   We then interviewed Smith the year after for the Mayhew role.   My guess is that he wanted final say on personnel and that's why it didn't happen.  Especially when you consider that one of the biggest Issues in Houston was his power struggle with Bill O'brien....

I found it odd that we were so interested in Smith...what connection would Dan have with him?     Guess where he was before Houston?    Denver....10 years with Shanny...he was on his coaching staff and then in the front office.

Dan is seeing all this stuff about the Shanny coaching tree and how they were all here, etc.   He's also seeing their success....

So Rick Smith will be the GM.....Who will be the coach?    Well...Who's currently the D-Coordinator for Kyle Shanahan?   DeMeco Ryans.

Where did Ryans play?   Houston....who was his GM?  Rick Smith.     Who was in SF with Ryans for 4 years?   Martin Mayhew,

So I expect Rick Smith as President of Football Operations with final say on personnel....Mayhew stays in his current role....Ryans as the coach....The Offensive Coordinator will be from the Shanny tree.

Side note:  Ryans played at Alabama.  We seem to like that.    Rick Smith's wife died from breast cancer.   Tanya had breast cancer.  I'm sure there's a bond between Smith and Snyder.

Edited by FLSkinz83

5 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The fact Dan went with Ron, shows he will never go the route of a real Gm and having that Gm hire the coach. Only Gm Dan wants are puppets.

I believe Dan still hasn't got the interest of having a real GM on a team.

5 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Dan is seeing all this stuff about the Shanny coaching tree and how they were all here, etc.   He's also seeing their success....

You really think Dan is caring and paying attention to trees and stuff?

You're making him smarter than he'll ever dream off.

Last ttime I checked, the only relation he had with trees was to cut them because they were blocking his view.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

So I still see you giving Dan way more credit than he’s ever deserved.  I don’t think for a moment that Dan wants anything to do with the Shanahan tree or can even understand why it’s breeding success.  

Dan is not capable of playing chess or even checkers.  Not a chance in the world he’s been giving thought to who’s next or where it should come from or how it should be setup.  To suggest otherwise is merely another dream.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

3 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Last ttime I checked, the only relation he had with trees was to cut them because they were blocking his view.

Let's not forget that the park ranger who reported on what Snyder was doing lost his job. Here's an oldie but goody on this topic:

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2013/12/26/smokey-and-the-bandit/

There's also a shorter summary here: https://deadspin.com/dan-snyder-killed-some-trees-and-a-park-ranger-paid-th-1494113337

Just realized the park ranger involved wrote a book about it...anyone read it? (Robert Danno "Worth Fighting For (A Park Rangers Unexpected Battle Against Federal Bureaucrats and Washington Redskins Owner Dan Snyder)"

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1

If you want a mediocre coach that will get you 7-8 wins a year, Ron is your guy.  If you want someone who can get more than that, that person is smart enough not to come here.  That's where this franchise is right now.

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Zim489 said:

We suck.

There's something deeply demoralizing about the way we suck this time, because it's not injuries, it's not "Club Jay," or anything else that we can pretend is easily fixable. If you look at our personnel management, it sucks. If you look at our coaching, it sucks. If you look at our players, they (mostly) suck. If you look at our scheme, it sucks. If you look at our ownership, it SUCKS.

There's nowhere to go from here. Every loss sucks, because it means we fire Ron, and we're not going to be able to bring in anyone better. Every win sucks, because it increases the odds that we keep Ron, and he sucks. Everything sucks, sucks, sucks. We suck.

Its like reading a really bad book. Only good thing is that with each page you're one page closer to being done with that book. Then you realize that your next book will probably be just as bad unless you can find a better way of picking books. 

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So I still see you giving Dan way more credit than he’s ever deserved.  I don’t think for a moment that Dan wants anything to do with the Shanahan tree or can even understand why it’s breeding success.  

Dan is not capable of playing chess or even checkers.  Not a chance in the world he’s been giving thought to who’s next or where it should come from or how it should be setup.  To suggest otherwise is merely another dream.

I'm  not saying he's thinking about this now, but when it's time to get rid of Ron.

Maybe you're right about him not thinking that deeply, but we know he likes Rick Smith.   Smith is a Shanny guy and everything else will take shape from there.   Even if Snyder doesn't realize it.

Um...define "off the rails"???

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10051298-espn-sense-commanders-willing-to-be-patient-with-ron-rivera-amid-teams-struggles

The Washington Commanders are reportedly "willing to be patient" with head coach Ron Rivera amid the team's 1-3 start to the 2022 season.

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reported Wednesday the "sense" is the Commanders aren't going to rush to make a coaching change "barring a season that completely goes off the rails."

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Um...define "off the rails"???

That was the sense most of us had before the season right?

Ron is so entrenched that it would take a total collapse kind of season where he loses the locker room to be at the threat of losing his job. Probably only needs 5 or 6 wins to avoid it. 

I think the concern right now would be not to get blown out week in and week out as he wont make it to the end of the year with the players if the results continue to be this bad over an elongated stretch. Dudes are only gonna take so much of that before the lose hope/faith, tune you out or stop playing with effort.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

If you want a mediocre coach that will get you 7-8 wins a year, Ron is your guy.  If you want someone who can get more than than, that person is smart enough not to come here.  That's where this franchise is right now.

So replace him and hope you bottom out enough to get good QB prospects to entice them to come here. 

Add Sheehan to the list of those saying Dan might be cash poor albiet asset rich, he hit the point today -- in billionaire terms not our own personal terms.  Sheehan also as I talked about here previously that Dan has cut back on meals and perks on the road for players to save money this year. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

If hes getting cash strapped then really his only path to success is essentially turning into the Tampa Bay Rays. Be elite talent evaluators and drafters. Trade your players you dont want to resign for hauls and find the next ones. 

EVERY season goes "off the rails" under Snyder. This team has had 4-game losing streaks or worse many times:

2001 (5 games)

2011 (6 games)

2013 (8 games)

2014 TWICE (4 games and 6 games)

2019 THRICE (5 games and 4 games twice)

2020 (5 games)

2021 TWICE (4 games twice)

13 times in 22 seasons. There was a gap from 2015-17. Why was that? Oh yeah, we actually had a franchise QB at the time...(sort of)...who we let go for nothing except a bag of stale peanuts from a defunct airline. Actually, we didn't even get that...

I'm proud of myself for finding a way to use the word 'thrice' today too! 😬

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan also as I talked about here previously that Dan has cut back on meals and perks on the road for players to save money this year. 

I hadn't heard this.  Why would any FA talent want to come within sniffing distance of this franchise. Poor faciliaties, poor perks, poor way we treat players.  Can't attract nor keep talent with that combination.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

That was the sense most of us had before the season right?

Ron is so entrenched that it would take a total collapse kind of season where he loses the locker room to be at the threat of losing his job. Probably only needs 5 or 6 wins to avoid it. 

I think the concern right now would be not to get blown out week in and week out as he wont make it to the end of the year with the players if the results continue to be this bad over an elongated stretch. Dudes are only gonna take so much of that before the lose hope/faith, tune you out or stop playing with effort.

I think they can win 6 games and not be considered off the rails. At the same time though its abundantly clear that Ron isnt leading anyting worth a damn. So do you can him a year early or wait and see what damage he can do to your next staff? Hopefully its the former and not the latter. You cant let Ron choose the next QB here. You just cant. 

5 minutes ago, Isifhan said:

I hadn't heard this.  Why would any FA talent want to come within sniffing distance of this franchise. Poor facilities, poor perks, poor way we treat players.  Can't attract nor keep talent with that combination.

I mean its been talked about here all offseason. 

"I think something big is going to break soon on Dan Snyder" - EB

EB didn't want to speculate, but said its involving Dan and his trusted source is saying potentially big. Didn't even want to give away details on air. Expects the story to drop very soon & is hoping it drops while he's on air. Said he'll tweet it out if it comes out later.

Edited by Zim489
  • Thanks 1

ALERT:

WORD ON THE STREET--

A major story on Snyder is about to hit. Rumor is this will blow the lid off of everything and make it almost impossible fir him to survive.

Mini leaks have already been authorized. The sports junkies just teased it 10 minutes ago.

But you guys are first in line to hear the truth once I officially authorize authorize release.

Working hard here at the information center to provide updated facts as they come in.

Have faith in old man Rye!

"The victory is imminent "

100 Years of Solitude

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

My god if it’s actually true that a huge story breaks today…it will instantly be the top moment of the season. Nothing matters until that evil asshole is gone so any sniff of hope about that will lift my spirits in a way that on-field happenings just cannot any longer (not that those moments happen often anyways lol)

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

EVERY season starts "off the rails" under Snyder. This team has had 4-game losing streaks or worse many times:

There was a gap from 2015-17. Why was that? Oh yeah, we actually had a franchise QB at the time...(sort of)

I'm proud of myself for finding a way to use the word 'thrice' today too! 😬

2018 didn’t “start off the rails”. They started the year 2-2 (they had a winning record at the bye week at 2-1) before winning 4 straight. 

it WENT off the rails (surprise surprise that’s what happens when your starting QB AND backup QB suffer injuries) but it didn’t “start off the rails”. 

2010 didn’t start off the rails either, seeing as how they were 4-3 after 7 games. It WENT off the rails. That’s different 

2011, same thing. 3-1 at the bye week isn’t “starting off the rails”. It WENT off the rails after. Again, completely different 

2007, same thing. 2-1 at the bye week, and they were 5-3 at one point as well. It WENT off the rails (before getting back on track to make the playoffs.