Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

The craziest part is this is probably the most talented team we have had in over a decade. All this drama is bound to seep in and mess it up.

1 hour ago, The Rook said:

So, there now seems to be some strong negative backlash to Coach Del Rio.  

If he is shown the door, who takes over as DC? Mills? Rivera?  I don't particularly like those choices.  Don't get me wrong, I think Coach Rivera would be a very good DC, but he has bigger fish to fry.

Someone else from inside the organization?

https://www.commanders.com/team/coaches-roster/

Any outside suggestions?

:229:The Rook

Gregg Williams is the only correct answer. We would be top 5 D with this talent. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Gregg Williams is the only correct answer. We would be top 5 D with this talent. 

Even though I like this answer, I can't help but think that if he was to come back here the main thing that would come back haunting us would be the bountygate scandal while he was in NO...

11 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Even though I like this answer, I can't help but think that if he was to come back here the main thing that would come back haunting us would be the bountygate scandal while he was in NO...

Gregg would have all these guys playing at their top potential. Daron would be Aaron Donald this year. 

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Gregg would have all these guys playing at their top potential. Daron would be Aaron Donald this year. 

I don't doubt that a second.

I just believe that if that happen, considering our history people would talk about the bountygate more than anything else.

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The impact of this owner will be felt for at least a generation, if not 2, purely based on this stadium situation.  He really can't be allowed to build this stadium.  

2 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I don't doubt that a second.

I just believe that if that happen, considering our history people would talk about the bountygate more than anything else.

I think I'd accept that.  Bountygate has been adjudicated already and folks have gotten over it, people would talk and then move on.  

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As far as DC goes, it’s only partly Snyder.  Remember, JKC wanted to build a stadium in the district and he couldn’t get it done, coming off of a period where the team won 3 SBs and went to 4. And he was willing to pay for the whole thing himself, which he did at FedEx. 

I blame Dan for an enormous amount of stuff.  DC and the RFK site have been a disaster since before FedEx was built.  I don’t blame him for DC and federal government dysfunction. 

The simple fact is DC voters don’t want the stadium and never have.  That’s the unfortunate truth.  If they did, then their government would have gotten it done the first time around.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

As far as DC goes, it’s only partly Snyder.  Remember, JKC wanted to build a stadium in the district and he couldn’t get it done, coming off of a period where the team won 3 SBs and went to 4. And he was willing to pay for the whole thing himself, which he did at FedEx. 

I blame Dan for an enormous amount of stuff.  DC and the RFK site have been a disaster since before FedEx was built.  I don’t blame him for DC and federal government dysfunction. 

The simple fact is DC voters don’t want the stadium and never have.  That’s the unfortunate truth.  If they did, then their government would have gotten it done the first time around.  

That’s what I don’t understand. If the Commanders are so loved in DC, why didn’t they ever want them in DC? Like you said, even JKC couldn’t build a stadium in DC. 

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Probably not in DC.  But I'd put money that a less toxic owner with real relationships in government (like most successful business people have, Dan being a rare exception) could pull something off in Maryland or Virginia.    Being toxic and having few friends -- doesn't help Dan in his stadium quest.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Probably not in DC.  But I'd put money that a less toxic owner with real relationships in government (like most successful business people have, Dan being a rare exception) could pull something off in Maryland or Virginia.    Being toxic and having few friends -- doesn't help Dan in his stadium quest.   

New owner and the narrative changes for DC/MD/VA being interested. Nobody really wants to do business with Snyder. Even VA's interest to give them money for anything is less than luke warm. 

Are other reasons valid? Yes. Are they the main reason? Nah. 

Edited by @DCGoldPants
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

100%.  The stadium bill flies through with an owner who isn’t despised. Probably better deal in MD also.  

Its strictly DC where I wouldn’t say I give him a pass, but JLC tried and failed also, which is how we ended up in Ms to begin with, and he was popular and had 3 rings.  So while maybe a better owner could have worked some political magic, it literally was going to take a federal case to make it happen.  

14 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

That’s what I don’t understand. If the Commanders are so loved in DC, why didn’t they ever want them in DC? Like you said, even JKC couldn’t build a stadium in DC. 

They’ve never wanted it.  They want the RFK land back to build park land and multi use facilities.  

The counsel has been pretty clear on that for 40 years.  

They were good with a baseball stadium because it has so many games but they’ve never wanted a football stadium.

• Like 1

Since Cook and the District couldn't work something out, The "MCI" Center, Nats Park, and Audi Field all were built. 

If the District took ownership of the RFK spot. Maybe it still doesn't come together. But a dome or retractable roof facility for year round events would bring hotels and businesses to that part of the city. The Councilman who wanted to say something like "8 games a year" and there are other venues, was doing that because when you only have CapOne Arena for indoor stuff. 

3 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Since Cook and the District couldn't work something out, The "MCI" Center, Nats Park, and Audi Field all were built. 

If the District took ownership of the RFK spot. Maybe it still doesn't come together. But a dome or retractable roof facility for year round events would bring hotels and businesses to that part of the city. The Councilman who wanted to say something like "8 games a year" and there are other venues, was doing that because when you only have CapOne Arena for indoor stuff. 

I think Bowser wants it and the Cousel doesn’t.  That’s my current read.  

Why they don’t want it I’m not sure but they’ve never wanted it.  

Was it a name thing originally now it’s a Snyder thing?  

It is just a “we can use the land better, we don’t need it to be an economic engine?” I don’t know. But I never thought DC and the Feds were going to get their act together enough for the commanders to even really make a concerted effort.  

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think Bowser wants it and the Cousel doesn’t.  That’s my current read.  

Why they don’t want it I’m not sure but they’ve never wanted it.  

Was it a name thing originally now it’s a Snyder thing?  

It is just a “we can use the land better, we don’t need it to be an economic engine?” I don’t know. But I never thought DC and the Feds were going to get their act together enough for the commanders to even really make a concerted effort.  

I think some don't because they want to have a different take than the Mayor for their own political futures. Putting in "affordable" housing would be nice, but that doesn't bring in the businesses. 

I don't know. This guy saw VA state reps going on sportstalk and getting name cred, and wanted to get in on this. 

YESSSSS!!!!

Some of you guys were either psychic or apparently in the know about Gregg Williams!!!!

Mere hours after we discussed it... voila... like a magic trick reveal, Mike Florio is suddenly discussing his imminent return! 

BREAKING NEWS from PFT: "GREGG WILLIAMS RETURNS..."

Wow!! 

If nothing else their defense should be exciting to watch.

From PFT:

Gregg Williams returns...!

Mike Florio

When we last saw Gregg Williams, he was calling an ill-advised all-out blitz as defensive coordinator of the Jets. He was fired not long thereafter.

That happened in early December of 2020. He’s been out of football since then. He’s now back, as a defensive coordinator in the XFL.

The XFL announced the offensive and defensive coordinators for the eight re-re-launch teams, along with each team’s director of player personnel. 

Williams will coordinate the defense of the team to be coached by Reggie Barlow.

Other additions include Jonathan Hayes, offensive coordinator of the team coached by Bob Stoops. Hayes coached the popular St. Louis BattleHawks of XFL 2.0. Likewise, former Houston Roughnecks coach June Jones of XFL 2.0 will serve as offensive coordinator of the team coached by Jim Haslett.

Williams, 63, was head coach of the Bills from 2001 through 2003. He served as interim head coach of the Browns in 2018, the same year that saw then-rookie quarterback Baker Mayfield begin to achieve his potential.

Williams is perhaps best known for his role in the Saints bounty scandal of 2012. He was suspended for the entire year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/09/gregg-williams-returns-in-the-xfl/amp/

😁

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

YESSSSS!!!!

Some of you guys were either psychic or apparently in the know about Gregg Williams!!!!

Mere hours after we discussed it... voila... like a magic trick reveal, Mike Florio is suddenly discussing his imminent return! 

dont-give-me-hope-meme-3-768x409.jpg

• Haha 1

Gregg Williams is maybe the most hated coach in the entire league, basically the last thing we would need. Pretty universally seen in the media as a scumbag and liar (and not just because of the bountygate stuff). There’s a reason he’s not in the league anymore. I know there are fond memories of him with Gibbs II but come on guys lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

YESSSSS!!!!

Wow!! 

If nothing else their defense should be exciting to watch.

Nice Replacements reference there!!  One of my favorite movies!  LOL

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

Shoulda hired Flores as soon as he was available, DC upgrade/ good juju/ positive press

Send JDR off to ride with the Truckers Convoy

The last sentence here is right on the edge of what will get you a warning. Quit it.

• Like 1